Mehdi Benatia

Richard.H

Walter_Sabatini_54.jpg

Walter Sabatini, you legend!!! :worthy: Will you still sell to us though?

He looks like an older Jorah Mormont

Jorah-Mormont-house-targaryen-29560158-800-450.png

Last edited:

dodiest

@romanewsus

Benatia?
“We are fine, Benatia is a great Roma player with a contract expiring in four years. We are totally calm. He is a guy with sound principles: he didn’t want to take a step away from Roma fans or his team-mates. He is victim of a misunderstanding. He refers to unfulfilled promises but that’s not what happened. It is true that when he signed the contract he claimed several instances, he wanted and deserved more and we knew that other teams had offered more. On that occasion I told him to try to play like Benatia and that he would have been recognized an increase. It’s a question of measures. I have to say that this improper resonance is produced by statements from Sissoko who I consider a minstrel seeking a court to host him. He said that €30 million seems a reasonable market value, personally I think 30 million is the value of Benatia’s weak foot. Draw your conclusions. We offered him an increase, but he didn’t mean to offend anyone at Roma. He’s a Roma player, he will stay at Roma. I guarantee on the player’s moral and technical value. If Benatia’s weak foot is worth 30 million then the total price would be 61 million. Benatia is not for sale, unless someone comes to us with an offer of 61 million. Benatia has been completely coherent, he’s never played for himself, always with and for the team.”

Sabatini

Noo benatia :(

L

linetty

Sabatini (director Roma): "Benatia has a contract for four more years. He'll stay, he's not for sale. Unless a club is willing to pay 61M."

K

Kobe Bean Bryant

We have to look at other options. I wouldn't mind Laporte and Marquinhos.

Again, we can get somewhere with a 40-45m bid. We should make one.

Besides, it's not like we don't have money to spend.

Last edited:

Richard.H

This is what is making me a bit angry. We have money to spend yet we aren't spending it. 40-45 mill is low amount of money in this transfer age. This is not 2009 anymore.

CatalinR10

FFS Barca just make a 50 M offer.

We won't be able to make transfers next summer and last thing we need is 2 more years without a good CB.

Pepe Silvia

@romanewsus

Benatia?
“We are fine, Benatia is a great Roma player with a contract expiring in four years. We are totally calm. He is a guy with sound principles: he didn’t want to take a step away from Roma fans or his team-mates. He is victim of a misunderstanding. He refers to unfulfilled promises but that’s not what happened. It is true that when he signed the contract he claimed several instances, he wanted and deserved more and we knew that other teams had offered more. On that occasion I told him to try to play like Benatia and that he would have been recognized an increase. It’s a question of measures. I have to say that this improper resonance is produced by statements from Sissoko who I consider a minstrel seeking a court to host him. He said that €30 million seems a reasonable market value, personally I think 30 million is the value of Benatia’s weak foot. Draw your conclusions. We offered him an increase, but he didn’t mean to offend anyone at Roma. He’s a Roma player, he will stay at Roma. I guarantee on the player’s moral and technical value. If Benatia’s weak foot is worth 30 million then the total price would be 61 million. Benatia is not for sale, unless someone comes to us with an offer of 61 million. Benatia has been completely coherent, he’s never played for himself, always with and for the team.”

Sabatini

Noo benatia :(
I won't read too much into that at all. I think speaking for someone is lame. Also, didn't sound like Benatia's comments matched Sabatini's comments at all. Rumors, silly season, etc. bring it.

SeloBarca

This is what is making me a bit angry. We have money to spend yet we aren't spending it. 40-45 mill is low amount of money in this transfer age. This is not 2009 anymore.

Agree. + Barcelona is Barcelona. One of the biggest clubs in the world = have to pay more. And also, every club knows we need a CB = Have to pay even more.

50m is normal in these situations.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

The problem is that Benatia himself doesn't want to leave, he said "I bought a house, I want to retire here". Moreover he will play in CL next season, he might not be happy about his salary but I think Roma will fix it very fast.

F

Flavia

Why not? There are big clubs that can massively improve his salary that have been linked with him.

Just read everything else related to him lately and you'll see why. Roma will play CL, the coach really wants him, and he'll get a pay raise. He won't leave.

Home of Barca Fans