Mesut Ozil

A

Aker

Ozil would fail at CM at Barca. He doesn't play the barca way, neither does Villa either imo unless he plays CF.

He is quality though.

A

Aker

I just think he'll be too direct and go for goal rather than looking for the pass.

Which has it's positives and it's negatives. It could disrupt Barca's possession play and put you under pressure on the counter.

V

Valon

I just think he'll be too direct and go for goal rather than looking for the pass.

Which has it's positives and it's negatives. It could disrupt Barca's possession play and put you under pressure on the counter.

That's what we want from him? Goals?

nickd

That's what we want from him? Goals?
we have seen his goal scoring abilities this world cup.but that should be looked upon as a bonus rather than disrupting the normal barca play.if he actually comes to barca and becomes a regular starter along with xavi,iniesta,messi,villa then to make up for pedro we may see him playing a little direct looking for goals.otherwise if he is given a rotating role with xavi/iniesta we will see him pass the ball more like they do.

Last edited:
S

Sharkswithlaserbeams

He seems to do the Henry-style cut in from the wing and go to goal thing pretty well. Zlatan posting up in the center could help with that, too. When Pedro gets a whiff of the goal he goes after it just as Villa does, and Pedro works up-front pretty well. I'll go out on a limb and say Pedro finishes third in Pichichi standings.

The likely false rumour I heard was that we'd grab Ozil and trade him and cash for Cesc.

Last edited:

Trequartista

The good
He seems to do the Henry-style cut in from the wing and go to goal thing pretty well. Zlatan posting up in the center could help with that, too. When Pedro gets a whiff of the goal he goes after it just as Villa does, and Pedro works up-front pretty well. I'll go out on a limb and say Pedro finishes third in Pichichi standings.

The likely false rumour I heard was that we'd grab Ozil and trade him and cash for Cesc.

haha,And then Ozil wants to prove himself so he will turn out as World's best playmaker and then he joins Madrid for revenge.Rumors are funny.

Barcafan 2304

So, that latest rumour is that we will buy Ozil.....then sell him to buy Cesc? Its not silly season....its downright stupid season

Seamus

It could be a good move too though?? Get Ozil for alot cheaper than Fabregas then use him as bait next summer if he doesnt work out the best for our style??

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans