Munir El Haddadi

klc123

Suarez at Ajax in season 2007/08 (when he was 20 as is Munir now): 17 goals in Eredivisie, total 22 goals in all competitions in 3.244 minutes; he scored a goal every 147 minutes

Munir this season: 2 goals in La Liga, total 7 goals in all competitions in 1.454 minutes; he scored a goal every 207 minutes

Suarez was already a full time starter then, Munir is playing behind the best attacking trio in football history and was also playing out of position for most of the time when Messi was injured and he had most opportunities on regular base. If he was a starter at a club like Ajax, I think he could have a similar statistic to what Suarez had. Now, I'm not saying that he'll surely develop into a worldclass striker like Suarez but he has potential to be very good, maybe even our future "9". But for that to happen he needs to play regularly and he won't play enough here. Loan him out for two seasons to a good (preferably La Liga) club and see how he develops then bring him back. We can't lose anything (except for maybe paying half of his wages) but we can gain a lot if we won't have to pay 50M+ for Suarez's successor when that time will come.

I guess it's speculation. But I would argue that Munir gets a lot more, and a lot easier goal scoring chances, given he is surrounded by the best team in the world when he plays...

Suarez was the best player in that Ajax team. I'd really love to see Munir play at the level that 20 year old Suarez was, but just watch videos of Suarez in that team, he looked fantastic. Compare that with footage of munir at Barcelona, and he is rather lacklustre. Munir scores a lot of tap ins, he doesn't score any goals when he creates a chance himself by beating 1 or 2 defenders and buries it, like Suarez was at his age. That's the big difference for me. Statistics only tell you so much.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's improving. Loved his headed passes on corners, pressing and some good 1-touch passing, several clever moves with the ball.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I loooved a couple of rly smart "barca" style passes he made, I was trying to see who was it that made them and got surprised it was him.
He can keep his place in the team if he keeps up(and doesnt want to be a starter because he will never be in front of neymar).

hardyboy

He is growing on me. Always knew he had potential. The first time i saw him play was in Uefa Youth league and was convinced he'd be a great striker one day.

xXKonan

He's pulling a Roberto and making his chances count.

I hope he keeps it up and completely assumes the Pedro role in the squad.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Felt a bit sorry for him as no one seemed to want to pass him the ball very much...keeps scoring and impressing

I hope you're right, guys... I realy try my best to see something, anything positive in his performance, but to no avail...

I can't stand watching him play... can't stop thinkin' "how in the world this guy managed to play in this dream team" all the time... can't stand watching him struggle on the pitch... like he plays for the first time with these colegues, everybody around him calm, relaxed, gracious, fluid, soft, easy, precise moves - and he in the middle of it all him behaving like the world will explode any second...

And the goal he scored-he just stood there, Messi literaly hit him in the forehead (bronze statue would score if it was there instead of him-ball would bounce of it in the goal), and that goal before when Suki sent him the ball on the goal line to tap in - disabled person would manage to do it easily...

When I try to compare him in my head with Neymar it's like I can't put them in the same universe let alone the same squad... It's like when Schumacher dominated ten years ago-he sprays the crowd with champagne, celebrates, takes a shower, seats in the plane, gets back home in Germany, kissess wife and kids, takes a nap to rest and turns on the TV-just to see some poor colegues still circleing around the track... :facepalm: I remember asking myself:"How is it possible to have this huge gap in ability in some profesional competition? If I was some of those poor bastards I would quit racing and try to find some other ocupation in which I wouldn't embarace myself this much."

My point is:"Be the best. If you can't be the best, be at least somewhere close to those who are. If you can't even that, if you are the opposite of those best-change occupation."

Just my personal oppinion. :cheers:

God Serena

I hope you're right, guys... I realy try my best to see something, anything positive in his performance, but to no avail...

I can't stand watching him play... can't stop thinkin' "how in the world this guy managed to play in this dream team" all the time... can't stand watching him struggle on the pitch... like he plays for the first time with these colegues, everybody around him calm, relaxed, gracious, fluid, soft, easy, precise moves - and he in the middle of it all him behaving like the world will explode any second...

And the goal he scored-he just stood there, Messi literaly hit him in the forehead (bronze statue would score if it was there instead of him-ball would bounce of it in the goal), and that goal before when Suki sent him the ball on the goal line to tap in - disabled person would manage to do it easily...

When I try to compare him in my head with Neymar it's like I can't put them in the same universe let alone the same squad... It's like when Schumacher dominated ten years ago-he sprays the crowd with champagne, celebrates, takes a shower, seats in the plane, gets back home in Germany, kissess wife and kids, takes a nap to rest and turns on the TV-just to see some poor colegues still circleing around the track... :facepalm: I remember asking myself:"How is it possible to have this huge gap in ability in some profesional competition? If I was some of those poor bastards I would quit racing and try to find some other ocupation in which I wouldn't embarace myself this much."

My point is:"Be the best. If you can't be the best, be at least somewhere close to those who are. If you can't even that, if you are the opposite of those best-change occupation."

Just my personal oppinion. :cheers:

1) Did you even watch the game?
2) Shut up.

Home of Barca Fans