New goalkeeper?

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Can I start by saying we missed the best option in Mamardashvili and the other options are fairly limited. However, the little I have seen of Marco Carnessechi has been very good. I would wait for him to have a good season this season and then go in for him.

Mamar's transfer to Liverpool ironically gives us another opening. I can't see Alisson settling for a bench place, so if they plan on making Mamar 1st choice, I'd try and nick Alisson.

If not, Kelleher on loan for a season might be the best option until a new prospect pops up.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Doubt they'll be able to sign a starter in January, but at least then you could possibly get Alvaro Valles for 5m or less since his contract runs out. Was one of the best GKs in La Liga last season and with him you at least have a reliable backup.

With a good backup the starter would be under some pressure if he underperforms. No one is going to be bothered by having Inaki Pena as the backup as he's worse.

Also think Carnesecchi is interesting as already mentioned. Let's see how he does this season.

Loki

If you like holding useless discussions. Ter Stegen won't be replaced in the foreseeable future (2-3 years) provided he finds his normal form again. The club has far more urgent positions to tend to.

Nello

If you like holding useless discussions. Ter Stegen won't be replaced in the foreseeable future (2-3 years) provided he finds his normal form again. The club has far more urgent positions to tend to.
What is his normal form in Europe? Has been letting us down in important games in CL since 2015

MontenegrinCuler

Carnesecchi the Atalanta GK would be my top pick. Maybe Trubin, Jorgensen or Valles as alternatives. If we are talking about long term solutions.

But I certainly wouldn't mind short term solutions either. With a little older goalkeepers.

Just get that guy out of the club and we are fine. I don't think anybody could be worse than him at the moment. Mentally, physically, technically - he's fucked up on all fronts. Washed to the core.

Huge miss letting Mamardashvili to Liverpool, of course.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
GK is a key position for any team fighting for trophies.
Mid table teams not so much as you can go up and down a bit and rectify as season goes on.
For tops teams, fighting for titles or playing Champions legue, where competition is so fierce often few moments can decide the outcome.. having a great GK is a must.

Home of Barca Fans