Neymar Jr. - v5

G_6O

we lost maradona too he forgot him

And we actually lost him prior to his prime. He was 24 at the time.

Then let's remember what happened after that -- we won La Liga in 1985 and then it was 5 in a row for Madrid.

Let's also remember what happened after we sold Ronaldo. We bought Rivaldo and Kluivert as replacements (Rivaldo should have been an addition, not a replacement though -- imagine those two together with Figo on the right...), we won two La Ligas with Van Gaal, but we actually declined massively while Madrid recovered from the Cruyff years and won 3 CLs in 5 years. And it was only when we bought Ronaldinho that our fortunes were reversed.

We have never done very well after losing the best or soon-to-be best player in the world.

Total-Football

Not even a little bothered he's gone. In reality I think we'll do just fine without him, even if we don't manage to sign a player of his quality as a replacement. I mean, let's sit down and think about what Neymar really brought us?

-La Liga. We won La Liga plenty of times without Neymar. The season before he joined we moonwalked to the title and were in first from the very first week of the season.
-Copa Del Rey. We still can win such a competition without Neymar and have done so numerous times.
-Champions League. Neymar was very rarely able to make a difference in this competition. Had very few standout games in this competition and was usually just as lost and confused as everyone else when we crashed out of the CL in the quarters- something that happened in 3 of the 4 seasons he was here.

If Valverde is able to integrate his plans into the team in a manner that is effective it won't matter if we have Neymar there. Adding Coutinho and/or Dembele will actually make us a better team than we were with Neymar anyways. I saw a gif on twitter of Neymar dribbling against Madrid in our latest friendly and everyone was fawning over how good he is, but he never actually beat his man :lol:. BBZ has been saying this stuff since the beginning.

This argument has been used so many times the last few hours. still, the baseness and the stupidity of this sentence is something my mind can not process. We have won not only laliga, but also the champions league, without messi and ronaldinho and rivaldo and many club legends, does this express anything in regards to their importance or the contributions to the team ? hell we have won the ligue without maradonna, doest that mean that Maradona is superflouous and disposable ?
the conclusion which i have drawn is that sometimes people feel that the more words you throw, meaningful or base, the more valid your thesis is.
we have won everything without messi, iniesta, busquets and all the players , let s sell everyone.

ryuken

We dont have Messi then, seriously ppl talking like Neymar leaving we will become a mediocre club, you do realize we still have 5 times Ballon d' or winner in our rank? And dont act like we forced Figo to leave, that bastard outright betrayed us

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When he came he was viewed to be our flag bearer after Messi, the beacon and hope of our future. Now we don't have that person any more, and in my opinion we need to find someone to fit that role again.

aaron101

Nobody should have expected Ney to win a Balon while Messi is in his prime and uninjured. That's unreasonable. Especially when he's not the talisman here.

Even if he started his European career in PSG, he still won't win a Balon D'or while Messi and Ronaldo are active. As long as both are winning trophies, he will always be the 3rd guy on the podium.

God Serena

This argument has been used so many times the last few hours. still, the baseness and the stupidity of this sentence is something my mind can not process. We have won not only laliga, but also the champions league, without messi and ronaldinho and rivaldo and many club legends, does this express anything in regards to their importance or the contributions to the team ? hell we have won the ligue without maradonna, doest that mean that Maradona is superflouous and disposable ?
the conclusion which i have drawn is that sometimes people feel that the more words you throw, meaningful or base, the more valid your thesis is.
we have won everything without messi, iniesta, busquets and all the players , let s sell everyone.

I'm not saying he wasn't important, I'm saying it'll be possible to win without him. Very possible.

SeaDragon

When he came he was viewed to be our flag bearer after Messi, the beacon and hope of our future. Now we don't have that person any more, and in my opinion we need to find someone to fit that role again.

There is no one as good as him out there, we can get a young player with great potential but never someone as good as Neymar, that's why having an actual project is so important right now, players don't win titles (unless it's Messi), teams do.

The problem is Barto and his boys, if they sign shit like Paulinho it would be obvious they're getting money under the table and don't forget the "Espai Barca".

Albo

Neymar was never going to be our flag bearer. I always thought that everybody knew that Neymar won't stay at Barcelona till his retirement. Albeit, I did not expect to see him go so soon either and with the cuntish way he did but he is a child and will always be one.

ManusXavi

There is no one as good as him out there, we can get a young player with great potential but never someone as good as Neymar, that's why having an actual project is so important right now, players don't win titles (unless it's Messi), teams do.

I would take it a step further and include Messi. No player (including Messi) wins titles. Teams do. I'm not on your side [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION] when you say we need a new flag bearer.
In my opinion Barca a need 'Team' and their success has always come from a team and not players. 'Team' is also not just putting a great group of individuals like Mbappe, Messi and Verratti together because you are still a step behind the potential of La Masia in terms of 'becoming one'.
2008-2012 was not the 'Messi era' it wasn't even the Guardiola era. The 2008-2012 was the 'La Masia era'

springfield

Nobody should have expected Ney to win a Balon while Messi is in his prime and uninjured. That's unreasonable. Especially when he's not the talisman here.

It will be hard to compete with Messi and Ronaldo but leaving gives him a bigger chance. It's a prize based on opinions not straight facts. At PSG he will be in the spotlight and his performances will be more seen because they can't be compared with Messi anymore. But we all know that PSG and Ligue 1 are not rated that high in the football world. If he wants to win the ballon d'or then he will need to win international prizes on top of a great PSG carreer. There is no chance of winning ballon d'or if he just wins Ligue 1.

Home of Barca Fans