Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerless

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-original.jpg

cereal-guy-spitting-low.jpg

mixer

Neymar is very creative. I think that he fits the style of Barca. Can't wait to see him in blaugrana shirt.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Rosell is in Brazil right now, so no wonder this story has popped up again.

If such a deal was real the exact details would be kept under wrap, no way in hell is anyone going to admit to such an option contract as it would piss a lot of people off. I suspect like every time this pops up, it's bullshit, but Rosell is clearly in contact with Santos, and Nike is probably cheering on every party involved to bring Neymar to Barca.

Maybe that's why Nike has started to design Barca kits like the are clown costumes, because they are designed to fit on a clown.

Last edited:

Reasonus

His contract runs out in 2014. Technically we could get him for free and we are going to pay 58 mil. BS written all over it.

Exactly, I was surprised nobody thought of that. After the 2014 WC, it'll be up to the player to decide where wants to be and as things stand, his favorite destination seems to be Barcelona.

If there indeed is a deal, it would be something akin to Afellay's deal. Barcelona would pay less than the player is worth before his contract expires. So Santos will be happy to receive something and let the player go a season, or half a season, before his contract expires than to keep him (and pay his high wages) for a while longer and risk letting him go for free.

There's a rather interesting story on Goal about why Neymar rejected Madrid.

I have been watching "Neymar vs. Club" videos on YouTube and I'm convinced this guy will be a huge boost to our forward line. He needs to adapt his play, but you can clearly see how his full potential and effectiveness is hindered by his teammates/team tactics.

The two main concerns are his attitude and his physique.

F

Flavia

Ther's one thing that seems it wasn't said here yet: Mano Menezes(brazil's nt coach) said he thinks he would be best for Neymar's development if he comes to play in europe before the 2014 WC. So Neymar would leave his comfort zone(santos, family, friends), and have less marketing commitments.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
if he really is coming in 2014 and we pay a little each year then it works out as:

Winter 2011 - 14.5m
Summer 2012 - 14.6m
Summer 2013 - 14.6m
Summer 2014 - 14.6m

which ain't too bad tbh. I mean yeah in totality it's a hideously inflated transfer fee but at least it won't kill us on the books too much! it'd give Sandro a sense of restraint and almost force him to leave the forwards as they currently are too, which is great news for The Sexy Asturian.

But it might potentially prevent us from signing other players... Those 15 million spent yearly on Neymar could be destined to more immediate needs or useful utility players which we seem to lack these days...

M

mitkoa7x

He is definitely an epic footballer, the sooner we get him, the sooner Pep would fix him and make him a footballing machine.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He may be coming here this summer.

We need him asap.

Yeah, we need him as soon as possible, because Messi, Sanchez, Villa, Afellay, Tello, Cuenca and Pedro isn't nearly enough depth up front, and it's not like Neymar is a ball dominant player that the team would have to adjust to. Argentina has showed us that playing as many ball hogs up front as possible is a great success.

Maybe we should sell our entire defense while we are at it, because as a philosopher once said, defenders have no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans