Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
lol Pato is taller than Crouch I guess.I can't believe people actually think that strikers have to be tall in order to score from crosses.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

You clearly have some reading comprehension problems. He clearly stated that Neymar had a good (read GOOD) game vs Belarus but given the stength of Belarus as a team, you cannot draw any conclusions from the game.

Great free kick, great run and second assist to Oscar, not that overly impressed with the first assist to Pato as I think that type of cross won't happen a lot in Barcelona given our average height. What I liked from that game was to see him track back and work to get the ball back which has been a concern for many on this forum.

I think Neymar is a great player (still overhyped by some), but 60 million great? No way.

you will have to quote where he said that for me then, since my reading comprehension is so bad.

I remember him saying reasonably well and then putting that down to it being Belarus-U23. Doesn't sound like giving credit where it is due to me. It sounds like a put down.

Tezemery

Who knows if Neymar will be a success in europe, but i know i would rather spend 100 million on this guy than 40 million on Javi Martinez, he isnt worth half that and potentially Neymar could be worth alot more than 60 million. With south american players in europe however its usually 50/50 if they are a success or failure.

So far Barca have been pretty quiet as far as transfers go, Jordi Alba was a good player for a good price, i think personally though i want a signing to get excited about seeing and Neymar would be that signing.

Henry_IB

Banned
you will have to quote where he said that for me then, since my reading comprehension is so bad.

I remember him saying reasonably well and then putting that down to it being Belarus-U23. Doesn't sound like giving credit where it is due to me. It sounds like a put down.

Besides, what you can't seem to realise is the fact that a good game against a disturbingly shitty opponent doesn't prove anything what so ever. THAT'S the point I was trying to make.

There.

Hatem Ben Arfa

so he did but he still goes on to belittle that completely with "disturbingly shitty". he only played a good game because the opposition suck is what it sounded like.

sounds like hating to me and not really giving credit where it is due.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Than you, Henry, for trying to help me getting the point across. Didn't do much though, sadly.

And HBA... No, just forget it. Really. I give up.

Superfly

Banned
Than you, Henry, for trying to help me getting the point across. Didn't do much though, sadly.

And HBA... No, just forget it. Really. I give up.

Don't worry about it, even criticizing Neymar in the slightest will have you labeled as a "hater" and an irrelevant poster in this thread.

F

Flavia

so he did but he still goes on to belittle that completely with "disturbingly shitty". he only played a good game because the opposition suck is what it sounded like.

sounds like hating to me and not really giving credit where it is due.
You should stop doing that, hba. Discussing is one thing, but this you do I don't even know what it is. People have the right to different opinions, but you dissecating and distorting them to what you think the person tried to say is really annoying. Not everyone will agree with you. Neymar is still very criticized here in Brazil for that, shining over weaker opponents, most of the time. he's not proven, let time tell what he'll become.

Jadentheman

First thing first is to convince Santos to cut Neymar's price in half. If Neymar really wants to come to Barca then he will demand it like :cesc:

P

PhilS

Neymar can hold the ball too long. He ALWAYS thinks he can beat the guy or guys covering him.

His passes are aggressive, they cause goals but also turnovers. The Barca style will be different with him, the team will score more.

I think he would be fantastic with Barca, more for his assists than for his goals. But would it make more sense for him to get his own team rather than joining Messi's team? This is the type of player you assemble a real CL contender around.

The types of players who pay off regardless of price are the ones who are not only good but also create a sensation. They draw in new fans. Everyone is for Messi, but value can also come from people rooting against you, or just tuning in to see what unpredictable thing happens next. Look at all the money that has been paid for Ibra. Tons will be spent on Ballotelli. I think Barca would pay almost any price for Neymar, Messi has given the go-ahead. Then no big transfers for a couple years.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Don't worry about it, even criticizing Neymar in the slightest will have you labeled as a "hater" and an irrelevant poster in this thread.

you cannot speak from a position of strength and immaculate innocence given your posts about Neymar.

You should stop doing that, hba. Discussing is one thing, but this you do I don't even know what it is. People have the right to different opinions, but you dissecating and distorting them to what you think the person tried to say is really annoying. Not everyone will agree with you. Neymar is still very criticized here in Brazil for that, shining over weaker opponents, most of the time. he's not proven, let time tell what he'll become.

I've distorted nothing.

he's attributed Neymar playing reasonably well to playing against "disturbingly shitty" opposition.

there's no distorting that.

He's entitled to his opinion. He came across as a hater in my humble opinion for that and for the way he couldn't let a little mistake by messi+eto'o about a match he thought Neymar played in lie.

If he claims not to be a hater fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans