Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Chaos

I'm sure. Spanish teams are stronger than Brazilian teams. And they defend in their own box against Barca. No space at all to do 100 step-overs and other useless tricks. Everybody was saying Alexis will crush La Liga's defenders with his speed and step-overs, and what we have now...

Armando929

La Liga is definitely a tougher league than the Brasilerao. I just don't think there can be any debate on that.

Tactically superior, and play with more compact defenses. More double marking and zone defenses too, whereas in Brazil the defenders just mindlessly charge the attacker with the ball.

Jadentheman

Ok then. I guess World Cup 2014 will be a nightmare for Neymar. Be a big slap in the face for anyone who thought he would be adequate in the Brasileiro, but you know gotta keep the good players at home. Gotta improve the league

Robbie

Ok then. I guess World Cup 2014 will be a nightmare for Neymar. Be a big slap in the face for anyone who thought he would be adequate in the Brasileiro, but you know gotta keep the good players at home. Gotta improve the league

The negative reactions most people are having against Neymar have to do with the hype. Sorry, but when he's on newspapers all over the world being compared with Messi and constantly mentioned in the same breath as him and C-Ronaldo... and with nothing to back it up, people will notice. I'd like to think that players should be celebrated for the things they do, not the things they might do "someday". Right now, he's a big fish in a small pond, and until he moves to a European club or gets far in the world cup, he'll be nothing more. I'm just sick of the hype. It's time he proves it

Armando929

The negative reactions most people are having against Neymar have to do with the hype. Sorry, but when he's on newspapers all over the world being compared with Messi and constantly mentioned in the same breath as him and C-Ronaldo... and with nothing to back it up, people will notice. I'd like to think that players should be celebrated for the things they do, not the things they might do "someday". Right now, he's a big fish in a small pond, and until he moves to a European club or gets far in the world cup, he'll be nothing more. I'm just sick of the hype. It's time he proves it

Its an impossible hype to live up to, though. Especially if we are the ones who end up signing him.

He will be expected to shine as much as Messi does here and thats just not possible. He'd go for a 60 million price tag I'm sure, and he would be expected to live up to that.

I'd rather he go to another club, play a few years there. Then if he proves himself at top level, then make the move to sign him.

Jadentheman

Its an impossible hype to live up to, though. Especially if we are the ones who end up signing him.

He will be expected to shine as much as Messi does here and thats just not possible. He'd go for a 60 million price tag I'm sure, and he would be expected to live up to that.

I'd rather he go to another club, play a few years there. Then if he proves himself at top level, then make the move to sign him.

That's what I thought he should do. PSG should have spent the money on him, but they took Lucas instead sigh... I'm sure he can shine it just that the Messi system. I mean once he gets older yeah it's possible but right now he's entering in his prime state

Armando929

Man City and Chelsea also have the money. Of course there is also Real Madrid who would not only pay over the price tag, but sell other important players to make way for him, and pretty much hand him a starting spot on a silver platter.

Whether he succeeds or not is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans