Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armando929

Well January 2013 was never going to happen regardless. We have so many forwards right now.

Unless he signs a contract extension anytime soon, then its likely he's off in the summer of 2013. I'm very suspicious of this whole "40 million" supposed price tag. Surely Santos are not run by idiots and they're gonna milk him for a HELL OF A LOT MORE than that.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Neymar: "For now, only way to play with Messi is that he joins Santos. It's possible, you know. We can sell half of the city and buy him."

he's cool... sign him up! NOW!!

Jadentheman

And with that purchase of Messi, you can get Iniesta/Thiago (Sorry kids Xavi stays at Barca) for 10% off!!! WHAT A DEAL!!!!

M

Messi+Eto

No doubt his play is more fluid and technical than Sanchez's. . . Better passer, finisher and is a tad faster down the wings. . . . Would definitely provide us more depth. Only compared him to Sanchez because they play the same position.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Please don't compare him to Sanchez it really undermines what we would expect of him at Barca (If he comes to Barca at all)

Trickykid

Just saw the highlights, and as usual they are chock-full of goals, diving, stupid fucking dances and a generally horrible attitude, that seems to far from what we expect of players wearing the blaugrana. No matter how brilliantly talented this kid is, I still can't for the life of me imagine him playing for us. He's young and stupid though of course, and with the likes of Puyol to smack him around, if he even thinks of showcasing that sort of prime retardation, I guess he could be straightened somewhat out.

Also...

Please don't compare him to Sanchez it really undermines what we would expect of him at Barca (If he comes to Barca at all)

What?

Armando929

He'd have no choice but to get serious and grow up if he comes to Barcelona.

The biq question is if he could adapt to La Liga and fit into the team's system and philosophy. He has the talent to do some damage, but he won't get the wide open spaces he gets from those Brazilian defenses, nor will he get the calls that he was getting down there.

As for the dancing and all, he's not the first and won't be the last. Its annoying but its the last of anyone's concern I think. At least for me, I'll be looking for if he's able to fit in the team more than anything.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
please dont compare Neymar and Sanchez. Alexis is already a proven European player not some scumbag playing in Brazil with an attitude it undermines Alexis.

89Norcal

He'd have no choice but to get serious and grow up if he comes to Barcelona.

The biq question is if he could adapt to La Liga and fit into the team's system and philosophy. He has the talent to do some damage, but he won't get the wide open spaces he gets from those Brazilian defenses, nor will he get the calls that he was getting down there.

As for the dancing and all, he's not the first and won't be the last. Its annoying but its the last of anyone's concern I think. At least for me, I'll be looking for if he's able to fit in the team more than anything.

The lack of defensive pressure in the Brasileirao is overstated from what I've seen. Being the famous player he is now, he is the target of a good deal of cynical challenges or straight malicious fouls. Coming from midfield he had more space to run in, but I saw no more space than when Xavi and Iniesta tap it back and forth 35 yards out in La Liga.

That touch at 2:40 was incredible too. That's what Neymar's all about, doing the unexpected. I don't think anyone can doubt his offensive work rate. He would be a gamble like any other major signing.

Ursegor

World Champion
The lack of defensive pressure in the Brasileirao is overstated from what I've seen.

Sorry brah, but you couldn't be more wrong.

This is how Messi receives a pass nowadays:

57nyyuui.jpg

Surrounded by 3 - 4 defenders with another bank of four behind the ball.

And this is how Neymar receives a pass:

g2xpekrw.jpg

I don't remember the last time Messi had that much space infront of him to dribble (bar the odd counterattack we get here and there once in a twilight).

The Brasileiro will never be a serious tactical or defensive league. They are all about entertainment, stepovers, circus tricks and Samba dance goal celebrations. While La Liga has turned into a super defensive and cynical league since Mourinho has arrived.

Co0ter

Sorry brah, but you couldn't be more wrong.

This is how Messi receives a pass nowadays:

57nyyuui.jpg

Surrounded by 3 - 4 defenders with another bank of four behind the ball.

And this is how Neymar receives a pass:

g2xpekrw.jpg

I don't remember the last time Messi had that much space infront of him to dribble (bar the odd counterattack we get here and there once in a twilight).

The Brasileiro will never be a serious tactical or defensive league. They are all about entertainment, stepovers, circus tricks and Samba dance goal celebrations. While La Liga has turned into a super defensive and cynical league since Mourinho has arrived.

Comparing two random photo's and claiming it's that way on a permanent basis is a very, very awful arguement. I think you need to actually watch Santos' games because that kid is constantly FORCING himself to dribble into defenders and space.....he get's punished for it over and over again too, but he keeps getting up and doing it. There is no excuse for some of his diving, but to deny the fact that he is always pressured and getting hit just points out how little you know about it.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Comparing two random photo's and claiming it's that way on a permanent basis is a very, very awful arguement. I think you need to actually watch Santos' games because that kid is constantly FORCING himself to dribble into defenders and space.....he get's punished for it over and over again too, but he keeps getting up and doing it. There is no excuse for some of his diving, but to deny the fact that he is always pressured and getting hit just points out how little you know about it.

Come on, please! This discussion has to end once and for all, the Brasilian league sucks at defending and any kind of calculated tactics. They just run up and down the pitch like headless chickens, it's terrible. And Neymar is egoistic and overrated + he's the worst diver EVER! Untill he proves himself for an European top team he can do his useless steppovers, in his tactically useless league untill he dislocates both his legs.

JamDav1982

Come on, please! This discussion has to end once and for all, the Brasilian league sucks at defending and any kind of calculated tactics. They just run up and down the pitch like headless chickens, it's terrible. And Neymar is egoistic and overrated + he's the worst diver EVER! Untill he proves himself for an European top team he can do his useless steppovers, in his tactically useless league untill he dislocates both his legs.

That just makes no sense.

Let him sign for another top european team to see if he is good enough?

If the Brazilian league is so poor and as easy to play in as you claim where are the other players dominating that league the way Neymar is?

He is class act and is without doubt going to be one of the top players in the world, to get him for 40m would be a steal.

Will he fit in with Barca? Quality wise he is defintily good enough and his attitude does not seem as bad as previously and also he does work hard on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans