Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Neymar (Santos): "My dream is to play in Spain. Who wouldn't like to play alongside players like Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi?" [globoesporte]

This pretty much says it all .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Neymar (Santos): "My dream is to play in Spain. Who wouldn't like to play alongside players like Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi?" [globoesporte]

This pretty much says it all .

Didn't he also say he would like to play for Barca, Real or Chelsea. In the very same interview you took the quote from?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Don't you mean Ney-sayers? :pep:

kermit-bale-nod.gif

CatalinR10

Didn't he also say he would like to play for Barca, Real or Chelsea. In the very same interview you took the quote from?

I only found this part on barcastuff so maybe this is the latest statement he's made regards his possible transfer.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Hope he actually performs this time instead of choking like he did against England, so people can shut up for five seconds about how overrated he is. Also, is Ronaldinho called up?

F

Flavia

Hope he actually performs this time instead of choking like he did against England, so people can shut up for five seconds about how overrated he is. Also, is Ronaldinho called up?
No, Dinho was left out this time. Kaka was called.

Andrew M

The signing of Neymar does present tremendous commercial possibilities. We'd sell a ton of shirts etc. My concern, however, is that this is the chief source of the Barca administration's interest.

From a sporting perspective I have my doubts over his compatibility with current squad, not to mention his suspiciously poor work ethic, a key characteristic of current, and hopefully all future, barca teams.

All these little crappy tricks and flicks are the properties of show ponies, nothing but decorations, reminiscent of Ronaldinho in his tragic, and less 'less motivated', days.

I think it is everyone's principle concern that the poor work ethic will poison the squad.

I have nothing against Brasilians, they are, and have been over the past 70 years, some of the most talented footballers in the world, but recent history suggest there are issues with their industry on and off the pitch.

Ronaldo - over by 2003, aged 27

Kaka - over by 2008, aged 26

Ronaldinho - over by 2007, aged 27

Robinho - over before began

Adriano - over by 2006, 24ish

I think the issue is that because they possess the X factor, the difference, the reason a team can get through to the next round where before it looked impossible, the management lets them get away with slacking, with turning up late for training, partying. Romario was the same. They are lazy.

Messi, the moment he doesn't work hard, will decline steeply. Pep was the reason Deco and Ronnie, the slackers, were shown the door to places where complacency and relaxation is allowed, even welcomed, like at Milan.

This post wasn't meant to this long. sorry :D

Kerrybai

The signing of Neymar does present tremendous commercial possibilities. We'd sell a ton of shirts etc. My concern, however, is that this is the chief source of the Barca administration's interest.

From a sporting perspective I have my doubts over his compatibility with current squad, not to mention his suspiciously poor work ethic, a key characteristic of current, and hopefully all future, barca teams.

All these little crappy tricks and flicks are the properties of show ponies, nothing but decorations, reminiscent of Ronaldinho in his tragic, and less 'less motivated', days.

I think it is everyone's principle concern that the poor work ethic will poison the squad.

I have nothing against Brasilians, they are, and have been over the past 70 years, some of the most talented footballers in the world, but recent history suggest there are issues with their industry on and off the pitch.

I think the issue is that because they possess the X factor, the difference, the reason a team can get through to the next round where before it looked impossible, the management lets them get away with slacking, with turning up late for training, partying. Romario was the same. They are lazy.

Messi, the moment he doesn't work hard, will decline steeply. Pep was the reason Deco and Ronnie, the slackers, were shown the door to places where complacency and relaxation is allowed, even welcomed, like at Milan.

Your concerns are echoed by many on this forum. One thing I will say is unfair about your post is the inclusion of Ronaldo. He may have had weight problems etc but he was very unlucky with his injuries.

If we buy Neymar he will be under no illusions as to what will be expected of him. Currently our squad is pretty well disciplined so Neymar won't be joining a team of party goers etc. He will be joining a disciplined and well behaved squad. Provided our management is strong enough then Neymar shouldn't be stepping out of line. It's different at Santos where he has become bigger than the club. At barca he will just be another squad member.

Andrew M

Your concerns are echoed by many on this forum. One thing I will say is unfair about your post is the inclusion of Ronaldo. He may have had weight problems etc but he was very unlucky with his injuries.

If we buy Neymar he will be under no illusions as to what will be expected of him. Currently our squad is pretty well disciplined so Neymar won't be joining a team of party goers etc. He will be joining a disciplined and well behaved squad. Provided our management is strong enough then Neymar shouldn't be stepping out of line. It's different at Santos where he has become bigger than the club. At barca he will just be another squad member.

Yes, I do have faith in current management to retain the current work ethic, but look at what happened over the past couple of months; that extra 10% effort was lacking, so the cancer can germinate at any moment. And it is usually when you are at your most successful.

Re Ronaldo - I know he had injury issues, but that was at Inter, before his move to Real after WC 2002. He was a wonderful striker, but let the decline enter his game prematurely, the rim of the glass closer to his lips than the words 'I want to be the best'.

There is a real problem with Brasilian football at the moment. The economy is excellent, they have the two biggest sporting events on the horizon, but their football is in poor health. (It's due to this strong economy that Santos have kept hold of Neymar this long; a few years ago he would have left long ago....)

For the first time in a long time none of the best players in the world are brasilian. Their national team selection is riddled, beleaguered, with romanticism. Look at the appointment of Scolari, the last man to coach brasil to world cup. Ronaldinho and Kaka, has-beens, keep getting picked. Carlos Alberto Parreira, who won in 1994, was their coach in 2006 during that farce.

One of the admirable qualities of Spain over the past 8 years has been its refusal to look backwards.

Ronaldinho

Hey Ronaldo was 2003/2004 La Liga top scorer and still scored quite a lot the following season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans