Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

They are going over the top after he didnt come to europe and dominate games like he has in Brazil.

Probably same people that claimed he was up there with Messi and Ronaldo a short while ago.

How strongly does it link him with Barca?

The same as mundo and sport link him to barça. Just rumors. I don't remember Ronaldo claiming he was up there with Messi. Or anyone from the serious sport media. It was just Pele being nuts, and some people following. The normal hype it always happens... Even neymar has already a replacement here, the supposed next big thing.

Oh, I thought you'd read it :p

Nope :p Funny that I just saw "Messi(the only one)" there on the cover.

JamDav1982

Comments about him stagnating have been there for at least the last year yet his stats/performances continue to improve.

The level expected of him every game is unfair as some people are desperate for him to be on same level as Messi/Ronaldo despite being 5 years behind them.

Stick by the fact I think he would be sensational at Barca!

Ursegor

World Champion
Comments about him stagnating have been there for at least the last year yet his stats/performances continue to improve.

The level expected of him every game is unfair as some people are desperate for him to be on same level as Messi/Ronaldo despite being 5 years behind them.

Stick by the fact I think he would be sensational at Barca!

Well. 10 years ago it was in to hype up shiny players. In this new hipster generation it's in to be against shiny players.

Neymar for Brazil: 29 games - 29 starts - 17 goals - 11 assists. Equalled Ronaldo's record of 16 goal in his first 25 games.

But, yeah. Isco, Oscar, Hazard, Tello and whatnot are all better than him. luls

Armando929

Just below the bye bye brazil. "O futebol do craque estagnou" and "cartolas santistas pressionam pela venda já". It's a media consensus here now that he's stalled. Many claiming him to move before it's too late, like real Ronaldo.

As if there wasn't enough pressure on him already.

He probably should have moved to a smaller club earlier in his career for his development, plus less pressure to perform. A club like PSG, Man City, or Chelsea would have been ideal.

Its gonna be even tougher now for him.

Cule4life

The Culest
Well. 10 years ago it was in to hype up shiny players. In this new hipster generation it's in to be against shiny players.

Neymar for Brazil: 29 games - 29 starts - 17 goals - 11 assists. Equalled Ronaldo's record of 16 goal in his first 25 games.

But, yeah. Isco, Oscar, Hazard, Tello and whatnot are all better than him. luls

I thought Neymar was a hipster. So in this new hipster generation it's in to be against other hipsters?

In all seriousness a few fancy tricks in Brazil and you think he's better than Isco, Hazard etc. and is worth spending 50m when our defense is in shambles? Bring him into the team which may end up making players like Tello/Cuenca/Villa leave. Plus for the same money we can get Aguero/Suarez. Oh yeah one more thing-He's consistently under performing against strong teams with good defenses. So yeah he wont solve our problem of dealing with parked buses as he needs loads of space. So tell me what exactly he brings to the table which justifies jeopardizing the careers of hard working players like Tello/Cuenca who are always ready to learn and sit on the bench as per the needs of the teams.

JamDav1982

I thought Neymar was a hipster. So in this new hipster generation it's in to be against other hipsters?

In all seriousness a few fancy tricks in Brazil and you think he's better than Isco, Hazard etc. and is worth spending 50m when our defense is in shambles? Bring him into the team which may end up making players like Tello/Cuenca/Villa leave. Plus for the same money we can get Aguero/Suarez. Oh yeah one more thing-He's consistently under performing against strong teams with good defenses. So yeah he wont solve our problem of dealing with parked buses as he needs loads of space. So tell me what exactly he brings to the table which justifies jeopardizing the careers of hard working players like Tello/Cuenca who are always ready to learn and sit on the bench as per the needs of the teams.

Hardly 'consistently under performing against poor defences'. He was poor against England and Russia and was probably Brazils best player against Italy.

All this that he struggles against good defences is based on intl football. Well guess what Messi and Ronaldo have struggled with this also at an older age than Neymar is now.

Diogo28

One of the best sites/magazines around here in Brazil:

nyi4b4.jpg

Bye, bye, Brazil
Neymar has one foot in europe. Understand why.
His game is stagnated
Santos' directors want to sell him now
Barcelona is sure they need him.

Oh well.

The "sexual abuse" title right on top of his head :lol:

misterplatin

You are mixing too many things here. No single player is a solution for dealing with the situations we face .Not Drogba,not Neymar and neither Heskey :p

Firstly the problem arises due to our own system : patient and slow transitions from defense to attack . So unless we change the system to move the ball fast vertically like almost all top teams these days ,we will face the Bus and any single player won't make the difference himself . Alexis is as explosive as they get and he always seems slow . Why ? Not because he is slow but due to relative motion .The defenders are on him even before he gets the ball.That will happen to any replacement .

So if we stick to our style we need the best individuals ,the very best like Neymar is atm . Rosell says players like Neymar please the fans .He is not wrong . Our fans will love an proactive Neymar trying some intricate passing combination with Messi rather than someone like Marco Reus getting surrounded by wall of defenders as soon as he gets the ball.

ceefoo

Rosell Wants Neymar NEXT season?

The prospect of Neymar joining Barca next season (2013-14) is gathering more pace.

Graham Hunter on Revista de la Liga (April 2nd 2013) said Rosell is determined to bring the Brazilian to Camp Nou NEXT season as part of a vanity exercise.

I cannot see how this would be a wise move.
Firstly : Neymar is not yet mature enough to make a move like this. His decision making in important matches has concerned me. From what I have seen of him lately, he has not shown he is capable of stepping into "The Worlds Greatest Team".

Secondly : His arrival would hamper the development of the likes of Tello and Deulofeu. Both of whom have shown great promise this season. Particularly Tello, who has seen first team action and fitted in well to the team dynamic, and in some ways (specifically his goal threat) putting Alexis and Pedro in the shade.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't sign Neymar, but I believe the timing would be big mistake at this early stage.

JamDav1982

The prospect of Neymar joining Barca next season (2013-14) is gathering more pace.

Graham Hunter on Revista de la Liga (April 2nd 2013) said Rosell is determined to bring the Brazilian to Camp Nou NEXT season as part of a vanity exercise.

I cannot see how this would be a wise move.
Firstly : Neymar is not yet mature enough to make a move like this. His decision making in important matches has concerned me. From what I have seen of him lately, he has not shown he is capable of stepping into "The Worlds Greatest Team".

Secondly : His arrival would hamper the development of the likes of Tello and Deulofeu. Both of whom have shown great promise this season. Particularly Tello, who has seen first team action and fitted in well to the team dynamic, and in some ways (specifically his goal threat) putting Alexis and Pedro in the shade.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't sign Neymar, but I believe the timing would be big mistake at this early stage.

Neymars decision making is getting better all the time hence his increasing goals, assists etc.

People are basing all this too much on his last few international games which is unfair when you see how much the like of Messi and Ronaldo have struggled with it also.

It is a poor argument to say his decision making isnt good enough then state the likes of Delofeu and Tello should be in ahead of him. His decision making and ability to play Barcelona's quick passing game is in a different league to those two.

JamDav1982

You mean the two who have actually played in Barcelona's academy and have been taught to play the Barcelona way? Right....:lol:

There are too many examples of players that came through the academy that never got to grips with the decision making and passing required at Barca.

Likewise there are plenty of examples of players that have come in and adapted to it brilliantly.

Neither Delofeu or Tello have the passing ability or decision making of Neymar. I stand by that 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans