Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

Although I do not have high expectations of Neymar he will distract defenders which will give messi more space? And IF he turns out to be a good signing..
..We will have a bloody orgasmic attack

Barca2211

Although I do not have high expectations of Neymar he will distract defenders which will give messi more space? And IF he turns out to be a good signing..
..We will have a bloody orgasmic attack

Look at the space Tello has when he plays, just imagine Neymar with that kind of space and delivery. As long as he cuts out the show boating he will be a good player.

Irish_Cules

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 8m
Source close to Neymar: "He will play at the Confederations Cup and will then take a one-week holiday. He'll travel to Barcelona on 9 July."

I'm pretty sure they got that from a goal 'exclusive' article so it probably isn't that reliable. I still think it's safe to say he'll be coming this summer though.

Ronnie10

Look at the space Tello has when he plays, just imagine Neymar with that kind of space and delivery. As long as he cuts out the show boating he will be a good player.

Doesnt mean that Neymar gonna get so much space as Tello. Tello positions himself almost on the touchline, upon receiving ball he attacks directly towards the goal using his speed. Majority of his goals are scored from very tight angles, that requires a lot of skills if you ask me. That's what separates Tello from others like Pedro and Sanchez, because given a small playing time he was able to score goal from difficult positions. I'm not sure what Neymar gonna produce playing as Barca winger, since not only Sanchez, Villa and Pedro struggled there, but even Ibrahimovic and Henry couldnt shine at that positions.

D

Don_Andrés

One thing I can't understand is the fee? Is this €/£40m figure confirmed or accurate? I would have thought that a player about to enter the last year of his contract would cost less than that, no matter who it was. The only caveat I would add to that, is if there was a bidding war between clubs but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Kerrybai

One thing I can't understand is the fee? Is this €/£40m figure confirmed or accurate? I would have thought that a player about to enter the last year of his contract would cost less than that, no matter who it was. The only caveat I would add to that, is if there was a bidding war between clubs but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

At a price of 25-35 I imagine a lot of clubs would become interested, I don't think we will get him for any less than 40. Football transfer are business deals, his footballing ability is only half the deal here, acquiring Neymar brings huge commerical opportunities for Barca.

Kerrybai

Neymar Is bit like a Hollywood movie star, take Tom Cruise for example. Even if he is s**t having him in your film ( team ) will still generate a pile of money.

C.Ronaldo currently hands over 40% over his endorsements to Madrid apparently. It would be great if we negotiated somthing similar with Neymar.

Last edited:

Gilberto

Neymar Is bit like a Hollywood movie star, take Tom Cruise for example. Even if he is s**t having in your film ( team ) will still generate a pile of money.

C.Ronaldo currently hands over 40% over his endorsements to Madrid apparently. It would be great if we negotiated somthing similar with Neymar.

Exactly. Although i'm not a 100 per cent sure about Neymar's football qualities, he will earn us a lot of money (basically, he will earn back what we paid for him)

Barca2211

Doesnt mean that Neymar gonna get so much space as Tello. Tello positions himself almost on the touchline, upon receiving ball he attacks directly towards the goal using his speed. Majority of his goals are scored from very tight angles, that requires a lot of skills if you ask me. That's what separates Tello from others like Pedro and Sanchez, because given a small playing time he was able to score goal from difficult positions. I'm not sure what Neymar gonna produce playing as Barca winger, since not only Sanchez, Villa and Pedro struggled there, but even Ibrahimovic and Henry couldnt shine at that positions.

Neymar has some pretty incredible goals from tight spaces and has more technical ability when he isn't doing pointless stopovers. For an example would be I think Germany or Ireland game where he slots in a ball in a pretty tight space. But Tello has I'll prove incredibly from last year till now, kid definitely needs more starts.

leon

Let's face it, Tello has great potential, but right now, Neymar is miles ahead. He's 1 year younger, and has been an established player, an ace, more correctly, for both his club and the NT. He got much more play time, and that in turns help him even more in comparison to Tello.

His coming to Barca this summer is imminent - "Neymar will play at the Confederations Cup this summer and will then take a one-week holiday. He will travel to Barcelona on July 9 (to discuss his future)"

Last edited:

Tomchin

Neymar da Silva (father): "Neymar will stay at Santos until 2014. Then we'll see, after the World Cup he can think about Europe" [via lance]

The saga continues...

Trickykid

If it means it'll end this constant stream of he'll come/he won't come/he'll come in the future-rumours from agents, relatives, pets and club officials, I'm THIS close to caving in, and wishing for the kid to come. I'm not quite there yet, but getting there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans