Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcbdna

Banned
i think his name was coco, right?

Yep! that's him alright. . I don't know what happened to him tbh!

Him now :
francesco_coco_f5db.jpg

B

Bob88

Tried and tested in Europe. . Flopped in Barcelona:

Mark Hughes
Overmars
Zambrotta
Saviola
Quaresma
Mendieta
Petit
Anderson
Santi Ezquerro
Demetrio Albertini
Patrik Andersson
Gudjohnsen
Bogarde
Hleb
Christophe Dugarry
Van Bommel
One and only Ibrahimovic

Theres this Italian defender i can't remember that was supposed to be the new Maldindi. . . . .

True, but also:
1. tried and tested in Europe and turned out to be a success
= 1000s of other players like Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco, Guily, Rivaldo, Larsson..

2. now to try to name a few players who weren't tested in Europe and who turned out to be a success in the biggest clubs like Barcelona or Real

Michael

ha ha! ok, so please , please , please find a club ready to pay 10 or 15 m.e for pedro! how can you compare him with neymar?

Yeah, I think it's possible to get €10m for a Spanish international who is what, 24? Not that I want to sell him.

Armando929

Ordinary? Really? Now tell me the truth do you watch brazilian friendly games? He has not been ordinary, he has been very good, perhaps he had a few matches where he wasn't great but seriously what do you expect, he is 20 ffs, how many bad matches did Messi have with Argentina when he was his age? A little more faith wouldn't hurt, anyway... he is coming almost certainly whether we like it or not, so best hope he doesn't flop.

His dribbling tricks are fine if he has space. But against defenses in Europe he won't have that kind of space to do that and he'll often face double and even triple marking. Either that or he'll start diving the moment he believes he's gonna lose the ball.

He's gonna be converted to be another Pedro anyway. The current coaching staff discourages those types tricks he does, and they're gonna ask him to do a lot of the dirty work that our wingers are asked to do, which he probably won't like all that much either after a while.

The team is not gonna change its tactics. If they were, then they'd bring in a big, strong, physical striker who's a pure box predator. Its gonna be the same false 9 system with Messi in the middle, Neymar on the left, and Deulofeu on the right. I think this system is alright against teams who don't park the bus but most teams Barca face now do park the bus.

Which is why bringing in Neymar won't change anything and it won't make any difference. Unfortunately we'll learn the hard way.

Michael

Madrid is bidding 100M plus the penalty clause for Neymar according to various sources.

It originates from SPORT which means it's a Rosell-plant designed to make the €50m we'll pay look like a good deal. So I guess that's it. Welcome Neymar. I hope you succeed.

FiReFTW

His dribbling tricks are fine if he has space. But against defenses in Europe he won't have that kind of space to do that and he'll often face double and even triple marking. Either that or he'll start diving the moment he believes he's gonna lose the ball.

You don't even watch him and post something that simply is not true, he is often double marked in brasil, and often has 2 or 3 players around him.

barcanuck

If Madrid bring him in then we must keep up and buy either Aguero, Higuain, Cavani or even Suarez. We cannot stay static.

LeoMessi10

He has been disappointing for Brazil. Ordinary to say the least. He would be an upgrade over the current Pedro for sure, although for the money we'll end up paying, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Also, he still hasn't shaken off his brat image and is already a high earner in Brazil.
He's scored 20 goals in 32 games and he just turned 21.. god awful right

Co0ter

How about 0 European experience for starters?

I'm sick of all this "he lacks European experience" bullshit. It all looks good on paper but I don't buy it for one second. So many players come from "lesser" leagues and do great in Europe.

Look at Alexis, look at Ibra, hell even look at Henry (one of the best players ever) 2 out of the 3 seasons he was with us. All proven European players who just never did it for us. What now?

Your argument makes sense as far as obvious logic is concerned, but there is much more to that in sports. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to be a success but that excuse alone is pretty poor, especially since he's cut down on a lot of the other weaker points to his game (minus the diving...needs to cut that out too).

Edit: And some of the players being mentioned aren't even wingers. Let's stop taking players who ARE NOT wingers and forcing them into the position. How many times do we need to fail doing that before people get it? Despite all his skills, the kid also plays great one touch football with far inferior teammates, way better tiki taka than our recent acquisitions.

Last edited:

spring

It originates from SPORT which means it's a Rosell-plant designed to make the €50m we'll pay look like a good deal. So I guess that's it. Welcome Neymar. I hope you succeed.

i think the penalty clause really exist and this is the reason why bayern offered 95 m.e and real offered 100 m.e! santos must give us 45 m.e as a penalty and they were ready to pay this money to santos!

SoMa

i think the penalty clause really exist and this is the reason why bayern offered 95 m.e and real offered 100 m.e! santos must give us 45 m.e as a penalty and they were ready to pay this money to santos!
Look at that, so either way Neymar would benefit Barcelona. How can people even hate on him? hahaha

Get him= Young great forward with much potential, worth gold in marketing. Better than Alexis and Pedro.
Don't get him= He brings 45m to the club that could be used on other players

top lad.

:pep:

fcbdna

Banned
Look at that, so either way Neymar would benefit Barcelona. How can people even hate on him? hahaha

Get him= Young great forward with much potential, worth gold in marketing. Better than Alexis and Pedro.
Don't get him= He brings 45m to the club that could be used on other players

top lad.

:pep:

This one is just too much:lol:

mixer

Edmilson (ex-Barcelona): "Neymar is ready to play at Barça. He might have some problem to adapt, but he's a very promising player." [ser]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans