Nico Williams

khaled_a_d

Athletic really missed a trick with Nico.

What they should have done is plonk him in the stands with a year left on his contract to put out a signal to others!

Forget what he did on park and that he renewed with a clause!

Show him who is boss and how 'top' clubs act! Thats the way.

Well played Sir

JamDav1982

Don't encourage him. He knows full well it's apples and oranges.

Main issue is with some entitled Barca players that are on outrageous contracts and refuse to re-negotiate while the club is on verge of bankruptcy.

Hard to argue on verge of bankruptcy when signing contract with players in their mid 30s that total 60m this season or spend 50m odd on a player and trying to sign another for similar fee.

If doing that then pleading poverty then more fool the club.

Barca are nowhere near bankruptcy and never will be unless for some inexplicable reason they refuse to take the decisions required. Everyone involved knows that.

Lets see if this same opinion fits if Gavi, Pedri, Yamal etc dont renew on terms the club wants immediately and the 'banktruptcy' card gets pulled.

All these contracts will need to be signed soon enough.

Lets see if same gets said for Araujo.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Don't encourage him. He knows full well it's apples and oranges.

Main issue is with some entitled Barca players that are on outrageous contracts and refuse to re-negotiate while the club is on verge of bankruptcy.

Players has the right to refuse unfortunately.

The financial crisis is the reason I give the board a pass to the way they mistreated some players and pushed them away in unacceptable manners in many cases.

But if a player fought back and refused that, I can't blame them.

And for sure, I don't blame fans for taking either side.

ajnotkeith

If we were truly close to bankruptcy, we wouldn't have been able to hold on to all of our top talents. We haven't sold a single one or even tried to which tells me the situation was never at a desperate point. Bad certainly but if it was never bad enough to necessitate selling our top talents then there was always an alternative and it was never getting to breaking point.

A truly bankrupt club would be taking 80m for likes of Gavi for example or 100m for the likes of Pedri at some point. We never even were close to consider any such sale which makes it clear for me the situation was not as dire as people claimed.

iniestaGOAT

If we were truly close to bankruptcy, we wouldn't have been able to hold on to all of our top talents. We haven't sold a single one or even tried to which tells me the situation was never at a desperate point. Bad certainly but if it was never bad enough to necessitate selling our top talents then there was always an alternative and it was never getting to breaking point.

A truly bankrupt club would be taking 80m for likes of Gavi for example or 100m for the likes of Pedri at some point. We never even were close to consider any such sale which makes it clear for me the situation was not as dire as people claimed.

We have a problem with registering players.

Blanco

Nobody would give you so much money for Pedri and Gavi, they are 15m players without the PR. The only real talent in Barca is Yamal.

jamrock

You don't need to do all that, when you got 700m from selling TV rights.

We did that just for fun? Or to have a net spend of 55m euros on transfers that summer?.

The club was definitely on the brink as every major report that game out around that time spoke of

JamDav1982

There was never a realistic likelyhood of bankruptcy as there were clear ways to avoid it.

The only decisions were how to avoid it.

Bankruptcy would have only happened if for some bizarre reason those decisions were ignored and allowed to happen and even then a vote of no confidence would happen next one up would do it.

JamDav1982

Was never close in reality and all concerned new that loans would be required to restructure the debt and salaries would have to come down in line with FFP.

From there a number of options how to proceed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's time to move on from Nico Williams. This is not happening. We're less than a week away from the start of the league season and while we have until the 30th or something I doubt he leaves them that late or even after their first game which is on Thursday.

We'll either get Coman on loan or move on with the players we have.

jamrock

I think it's time to move on from Nico Williams. This is not happening. We're less than a week away from the start of the league season and while we have until the 30th or something I doubt he leaves them that late or even after their first game which is on Thursday.

We'll either get Coman on loan or move on with the players we have.
Probably what's gonna end up happening.
Nico stories are now just to sell players.

The club is likely now just focusing on exits.

Home of Barca Fans