Oriol Romeu (loaned to Girona)

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Jairzinho:

What's amazing about Roberto is that he can play both roles rather well. He works both as a deep lying playmaker and a box-to-box mf. Quite scary, if you ask me.
What comes to Romeu rumours and all the other jack, it's "dia de los inocentes" in Spain, thus most of the rumours are just that - bromas, chistes y bochinches

Yugi

Romeu´s rep: "Oriol´s desire was to stay at Barca"
Romeu´s rep: "Now it´s club that wants him [Oriol] back"
Romeu´s rep: "The club is smart enough to know whether now or next year"
Romeu´s rep: "Oriol is very mature guy"
Romeu´s rep: "Barça´s holding midfielder is Busquets, but Oriol has characteristics to play at Barça too"

P

PhilS

There are so many Spanish midfielders who could start for the big teams in the EPL. Quite a few are on the Barca first team and Barca B. I think all of those are faster than Romeu, which is why he can't be on the Barca first team. Glad to see he is doing so well for Chelsea.

Co0ter

Except that Sergi Roberto's the next Keita and I think he has shown he's quite capable of performing that duty. It's uncanny how similar those two are, except with Roberto being more technically skilled and he intends to move forward in a Fabregas-esque manner.

I actually disagree. Sergi Roberto is one of the few youth products that I actually don't like. I've never been too impressed with him, he's not only slow but slow on the ball. I just don't see it. I'd prefer Oriol as the DM/Keita role anyday, he's got height and isn't a little bitch like Busquets. Keita's maybe a fraction faster but is much, much weaker on the ball.

Personally, I don't think Oriol has a future with Barca. We only have place for 1 DM and we already have the 2 best in the world. And as far as finding Keita's replacement; IMO if we sign a good CB next year then Busquets would be the only logical answer. He's more than decent enough on the ball to be able to fill that role, and it would also mean that Mascherano gets to play in his favored DM position.

Besides, I think we have the option to buy him back only if Chelsea are willing to sell, and they would be foolish if they initiate that move.

Trickykid

I was wondering, was AVB's comments regarding the buyback clause ever officially denied by FCB, or just by the spanish newspapers?

LaMessiah

Personally, I don't think Oriol has a future with Barca. We only have place for 1 DM and we already have the 2 best in the world. And as far as finding Keita's replacement; IMO if we sign a good CB next year then Busquets would be the only logical answer. He's more than decent enough on the ball to be able to fill that role, and it would also mean that Mascherano gets to play in his favored DM position.

Besides, I think we have the option to buy him back only if Chelsea are willing to sell, and they would be foolish if they initiate that move.
mascherano is a cb now at barca, not a dm. his passing, imo, isn't good enough to play that holding spot because we need someone who can keep the flow of the game going and make quick, good decisions. imo, that's not mascherano no matter how much i love the guy.
oriol can be that player to fill in for busquets and maybe even allow busquets to play a more advanced role. i also really like sergi roberto, think he can bring a lot to this team as he matures and gets better acquainted with first team futbol.
sadly, i think this is the last for year for senior keita, will hate to see him go but we've got midfielders coming out of our asses

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
And a Chelsea spokesman is saying you guys are talking shit. :lol: Said you guys effectively have a first option on him and that's it.

I'm more inclined to believe the original story.

Zqa-

I would be weird if we only got a first option, and not a buy-back price like we have with almost every other player leaving..

Annoying know one really knows.

mascherano is a cb now at barca, not a dm. his passing, imo, isn't good enough to play that holding spot because we need someone who can keep the flow of the game going and make quick, good decisions. imo, that's not mascherano no matter how much i love the guy.
oriol can be that player to fill in for busquets and maybe even allow busquets to play a more advanced role. i also really like sergi roberto, think he can bring a lot to this team as he matures and gets better acquainted with first team futbol.
sadly, i think this is the last for year for senior keita, will hate to see him go but we've got midfielders coming out of our asses
Mascherano's passing may not at Busquet's level, but if you make the tactical play of fielding 2 DM's then it's more about preserving the score sheet rather than change it. So it would make more sense to field your defensively strongest DM, rather than a more technical one.
The other thing is, I can't really see how can Oriol get as much playing time at Barca as he does at Chelsea. If we get a long term replacement for Puyol next season, Mascherano will become surplus as a CB (without too many injuries). Then even if Busquets gets injured,I doubt that it would be wise to pick Oriol over Mascherano if that option was available.
I also doubt that Chelsea were dumb enough to sign a contract where they only get to keep Oriol if he's crap, and loose him for cheap change (5-10M) if he's good.

Home of Barca Fans