Ousmane Dembélé

Status
Not open for further replies.

feggydinho

Where would have he gone for free last summer? Only realistic answers allowed

Sissoko didn't bring any offers close to the players demands
He could have gone to Chelsea for similar or less money that the Barca reduced offer they took
No other possibility, as no other top sides were actively working to sign him
He didn't leave last season cause he wasn't interested in leaving at all, probably wanted to try and achieve something here which is why he only renewed on his terms after accepting a paycut.

He would've been off to Chelsea or PSG if he was actually interested in leaving last season (though I may be right or wrong)

Porque

So IF the latest report is true, then it looks like Dembele left two options for the club:

(1) Someone to trigger the 50m release clause by end of day July 31st, 2023

(2) Someone to send Barça a letter of intent or whatever to buy him before end of day July 31st, 2023 and the club has to agree to it by end of day August 1st, 2023, otherwise Dembeles leaves for FREE

GENIUSES at the club for agreeing to this.

So we are to believe that if none of the above happens that Dembele can now leave for free.

I don't buy that. Doesn't make sense and if it were true, then PSG would just sign him for free.

What MIGHT be true is that if a club offers 50m before 31st July and Barcelona do not respond within 24 hours (or by 1st August, but 24 hours has more logic) THEN Dembele can leave for free. A penalty clause for non compliance if you will.

Otherwise, none of the above happening, yes the clause increases to 100m.

JamDav1982

There is no way Dembele would have signed a long term contract on 'low' wages with a high buy out fee last summer.

Anyone thinking that is in a fantasy land.

As if he was scared he wouldnt have a club.....

Deal in reality lads.

utility73

Fact is that Barcelona did not get a single good FULL season out of this *****
And every club which ignores this and wants to sign him for monies is just as stupid.

JamDav1982

So we are to believe that if none of the above happens that Dembele can now leave for free.

I don't buy that. Doesn't make sense and if it were true, then PSG would just sign him for free.

What MIGHT be true is that if a club offers 50m before 31st July and Barcelona do not respond within 24 hours (or by 1st August, but 24 hours has more logic) THEN Dembele can leave for free. A penalty clause for non compliance if you will.

Already Barca agreed. There is no way they would just forget to do that and let him go for nothing.

Not nearly the issue folk making out there.

Judoman

Makes Bartomeu contracts look decent
No it doesn't, stop repeating this nonsense.

The way Dembele's contract was handled was a fuck up for sure, but nowhere near as
big as those of Barto. Barto blew so much money for ridiculous transfers, that this last LL tittle was a miracle.

Birdy

The Dembele you claim is world class and just had his best ever spell for Barca at end of last season would have had no options?

Try again.

Now trying to argue no other clubs wanted the great Dembele.

Usual.

Dude, learn how to argue first

You object to my point that
1) leaving him in the stands
2) letting him go for free if they didn't agree to Barca's contract offer
was a good strategy

1+2 is a complete strategy to break the leverage a player has by sitting on his contract
Obviously, you can't take 2 without 1
1 would decrease immensely his value and the wages offered elsewhere

But, it's even better:
Despite the WC Spring 2022 that Dembele had, the offers Moussa fetched were worse than Barca's REDUCED offer.
That is actually telling on how much leverage the club had around June 2022, and they wasted all that with a ridiculous clause included in the contract

JamDav1982

Nope leaving him in stands for him to be paid and then go for free was moronic and terrible idea.

Served no purpose whatsoever.

Birdster you were wrong then as usual.

Wrong yesterday.

And today still have no clue.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Yes, this makes more sense.

Still an idiotic clause. Crazy.

JamDav1982

Yeah. I'm just putting in layman how the moving for free works, and why Sissoko would want it there.

It is never a reality and nothing more than to stop Barca delaying the deal once bid made.

Others making too much of that.

Shows how badly some people can read that and comprehend the situation really.

Birdy

He didn't leave last season cause he wasn't interested in leaving at all, probably wanted to try and achieve something here which is why he only renewed on his terms after accepting a paycut.

He would've been off to Chelsea or PSG if he was actually interested in leaving last season (though I may be right or wrong)

I was of the same opinion until three days ago.
The last events THOUGH confirm that player and agent were after the money.
And it seems that the money they wanted did not come last summer, so they compromised to stay at Barca for one more season
No it doesn't, stop repeating this nonsense.

The way Dembele's contract was handled was a fuck up for sure, but nowhere near as
big as those of Barto. Barto blew so much money for ridiculous transfers, that this last LL tittle was a miracle.
You didn't see the irony in my post

JamDav1982

Birdy changing argument by day to contradict his previous 'views'.

Usual.

Of course his agent and Dembele had money as a motivation. It is part of it for all of them.. club included.

Only a numpty couldnt see how Dembele and his agent set up this deal to have options the following summer... either Barca renew or they leave and get paid handsomly for it.

That then only works if they know they money is there from other clubs though.

Birdy

Nope leaving him in stands for him to be paid and then go for free was moronic and terrible idea.

Served no purpose whatsoever.

Birdster you were wrong then as usual.

Wrong yesterday.

And today still have no clue.

Watch PSG do the same with Mbape now to see how it's being done

Most likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans