Paul Pogba

King5Puyi

I always judge critically on any overhyped player before forming an opinion whether he really is that good or not.Pogba,is good,no doubt.But 90 million and you don't even know if he will click in barca.A no for me.

But then again, just like the case of Bale today, he'll have pretty decent resale value. Won't be a loss. And if there pops up a situation where;
1)We do get Paul for ridiculous money,
2)He fails with us,

Then we can just push him off to PSG for a Verratti swap lol. Him being Parisian is just like cat nip for Paris. They'd want him pretty bad. Oh well. Just another day at the rumours.

T

Thanos

With him taking long shots and physically bossing our midfield we're gonna look amazing

T

Thanos

Last year people said getting Suarez wasn't realistic and look what happened. This is a new Barca and we want Pogba and we'll get him mark my words.

King5Puyi

Last year people said getting Suarez wasn't realistic and look what happened. This is a new Barca and we want Pogba and we'll get him mark my words.

Not really mate. Suarez wanted to be with us. Real chased him for so long, you'd prolly have confused Kroos.

Andrew M

There is huge competition for him. Suarez really had few destinations and we didn't have a transfer ban. I don't think we will get him.

Bertus

I don't disagree, but would point out that there are inherent values to players, values that are regardless of their contract situation. I like Verratti, quite a bit, but if all else were equal between him and Pogba, who would be valued higher?

Also, what club officials, from any club, say for public consumption isn't always the reality they are operating in.
I didn't say Verratti was equal to Pogba, I said that since he isn't for sale, unless you offer a fortune probably above what Pogba's fee will be, PSG won't even accept to talk with you.

About your last statements, it's been 2 years now that every summer we have the same discussions. Each year some people (helped by SPORT and MD wishful thinking) think PSG is willing to sell even if they say No.

I think it's clear after the failures to snatch PSG best players (not only by Barcelona) that when PSG President says NO, it's NO. No conspiracy or anything, it's just NO, even if it's hard for big clubs like Barca or MU to swallow to be sent home by a "shitty little club with no future" (to quote an MU fan I argued with on another forum).

PSG is not playing hard to get. You guys should realize that after all this time.

Last edited:
T

Thanos

PSG is a failure anyways. Talk about spending hundreds of millions and still no CL to show for it

Bertus

PSG is a failure anyways. Talk about spending hundreds of millions and still no CL to show for it

Sure, it's a failure because they didn't win any CL yet /sarcasms

PSG was nothing. Now they are amongs the top 8 clubs in CL every years. I don't call that a failure.

Also, they stopped losing money last year (lost only 300K last year according to the french DNCG) The club will be profitable this year despite the FFP.

To me it sounds good. Of course a CL trophy would be super cool. But when you look at what PSG was before, there's no question, it's not a failure unless you're just a hater.

Leo_Messi

Can we talk about Pogba and not PSG in this thread? It seems that too many threads turn into talk about PSG and what their Qatari owners and chairman are saying. Most of us could care less.

If Juve sell him for anything close to 80 million euros or more they will have made the deal of the century considering that they bought him as a 19 year old back in 2012 for 4 million euros!

Having said that then it is an absurd sum of money regardless of the current market.

Pogba is neither the best playmaker out there, famed for his goalscoring ability or a defensive bulwark. He has a bit of everything though but is that enough to warrant such a high price? I am not so sure. I am yet to see him decide/boss a game at the highest level against an difficult opponent. Or doing that on a consistent basis as the likes of Hazard, Varane, Verratti etc. for instance have done.

If we were talking about the likes of Hazard for instance that kind of money would be acceptable. That's just me.

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol PSG is a failure... Chelsea didn't win the CL for what, 9 years? Despite making several semi final appearances as well as a final appearance and being one of the best teams in England. These projects take time, and the CL isn't the be all end all when you're in the first 5 years of the project. Even moreso when you consider they are in Ligue 1, hardly a league that makes world class players jump for joy(no offence Bertus). They've done well to get where they are, the CL isn't something that is necessary right now, but it's always something newly rich, championship winning sides like PSG and City will strive for.

Can we talk about Pogba and not PSG in this thread? It seems that too many threads turn into talk about PSG and what their Qatari owners and chairman are saying. Most of us could care less.
In other words you're pretty much telling Bertus to stfu. He can post what he wants, especially as people are throwing around rumours about his club like they are absolutely true, he can debunk them with reports from France and PSG if he likes. If you don't like his posts you can scroll past.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans