Paul Pogba

Marchisio8

Banned
Pogba will stay if Juve plans on powering their team ahead.

Considering Tevez is leaving in 2016, Llorente is rarely on-form, Pirlo getting old fast and the defense (while reliable) is old-aged their time is ticking to renew the squad

We are close to signing Dybala, We are also linked to Cavani. But I don't know about that one, Dybala & Cavani in the same transfer window? Too good to be true.

J

Jamie Cal

I wasn't so sold on the idea of him coming here until yesterday. Break the bank for him, and get Bellerin too (to be used as back up for Dani for a year).

Leo_Messi

Yes, let's add 10 million euros to that 100 million euros (lol) price tag that Juventus and our favorite agent Raiola are demanding because he scored 1 goal against a already relegated Cagliari.

Now I think that he can demand the same wages as Messi in fact.

All this above will become true if he helps eliminates RM on Wednesday though.:lucho:

Jair Ventura

Alfredo Pedulla of sportsitalia is reporting that the latest offer for Pogba is one from Paris that involves trading Cavani, who prefers to return to Italy over a move to Atletico and has been in talks with Juventus over a potential move for some time(Juventus is offering 7m€ before bonuses according to Pedulla), plus 40m€ which Juve will then use to finance the transfer of Dybala before seeking to replace Pogba with a quality CM. He further reports that the situation is very much in flux, and also that any potential move will be held off until Juve determines their destiny in the champions league.

http://www.sportitalia.com/Calcio/a...-per-pogba-cavani-pi-40-milioni-strada-aperta

The above report coincides with another published 2 days earlier by David Amoyal, also of Italian medias, that states Palmero is requesting 40m€ for Dybala, Juventus is leading for his signature, but a deal is yet to be finalized:

Juventus could close the deal for Paulo Dybala very soon. As we've been reporting for the past few weeks the striker will leave Palermo and Juventus is in the lead to win the race to sign him. As reported by Sky's Luca Marchetti, the Argentine is now even closer to the bianconeri, who have a meeting scheduled with the Sicilian club to go over the final details.The summit is expected to take place after Juve's return match against Real Madrid, which is the club's main focus.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...l-for-dybala-the-figures-and-details-of-deal/

And also, both reports from France and Italy that record talks between Cavani and Juventus:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...ng-to-reach-an-economic-agreement-the-latest/

Between the dream of Champions League final and the next transfer market window, these are intense days for Juventus. Indeed, bianconeri which are close to completing deal for Dybala, are having ongoing contacts with Paris Saint-Germain's Edinson Cavani trying to reach an economic agreement with the striker, before negotiating with French club.

http://canal-supporters.com/2015/05/gazzetta-cavani-a-dit-oui-a-la-juventus/

A contract until June 2019 and € 7.5M per year... Edinson Cavani accepted the offer of Juventus, says Gazzetta dello Sport.

Bertus, I guess this explains how Paris could afford Pogba despite being having a 49m€ spending limit before departures? Don't know that it will work out like we want it to, but it's apparent Nasser and company are doing their due diligence. The numbers match up almost perfectly.

Last edited:

Bertus

Alfredo Pedulla of sportsitalia is reporting that the latest offer for Pogba is one from Paris that involves trading Cavani, who prefers to return to Italy over a move to Atletico and has been in talks with Juventus over a potential move for some time(Juventus is offering 7m€ before bonuses according to Pedulla), plus 40m€ which Juve will then use to finance the transfer of Dybala before seeking to replace Pogba with a quality CM. He further reports that the situation is very much in flux, and also that any potential move will be held off until Juve determines their destiny in the champions league.

http://www.sportitalia.com/Calcio/a...-per-pogba-cavani-pi-40-milioni-strada-aperta

The above report coincides with another published 2 days earlier by David Amoyal, also of Italian medias, that states Palmero is requesting 40m€ for Dybala, Juventus is leading for his signature, but a deal is yet to be finalized:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...l-for-dybala-the-figures-and-details-of-deal/

And also, both reports from France and Italy that record talks between Cavani and Juventus:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...ng-to-reach-an-economic-agreement-the-latest/

http://canal-supporters.com/2015/05/gazzetta-cavani-a-dit-oui-a-la-juventus/

Bertus, I guess this explains how Paris could afford Pogba despite being having a 49m€ spending limit before departures? Don't know that it will work out like we want it to, but it's apparent Nasser and company are doing their due diligence. The numbers match up almost perfectly.

All seems in place, but as Arnaud Hermant from Le_Parisien said today during the 13H Foot show on iTélé:

"Nasser doesn't want to sell him, and since QSI bought PSG, when Nasser said something about a PSG player, he never lied. If he said Cavani will stay, then he will stay, unless Cavani can convince him otherwise, but right now, Nasser said that Cavani is not for sale. It was the same last summer."

Note that that has nothing to do with my personal opinion (dig my posts, I am not fond of cavani, and scoring 3 against a shitty club from Ligue 1 won't change my mind), but I tend to believe Le_Parisien. Nasser always kept his words. That's why he's a great president depsite his flaws.

Jair Ventura

All seems in place, but as Arnaud Hermant from Le_Parisien said today during the 13H Foot show on iTélé:

"Nasser doesn't want to sell him, and since QSI bought PSG, when Nasser said something about a PSG player, he never lied. If he said Cavani will stay, then he will stay, unless Cavani can convince him otherwise, but right now, Nasser said that Cavani is not for sale. It was the same last summer."

Note that that has nothing to do with my personal opinion (dig my posts, I am not fond of cavani, and scoring 3 against a shitty club from Ligue 1 won't change my mind), but I tend to believe Le_Parisien. Nasser always kept his words. That's why he's a great president depsite his flaws.

Tbh, despite how frustrating he can be sometimes I like Cavani quite a bit. Not sure he's what PSG needs in their system but I think we'll hold onto him unless it means we get Pogba back, otherwise he stays regardless of his wishes. But it sounds like the ball is in Juve's court: 40m + Cavani(valued at around 50m?), allowing you to finance the deal for Dybala, or hold onto Pogba? With Juve already turning away Barca's 80m bid, I don't know that they'll get a better offer given their interest in a striker. In the end, I imagine it'll come down to wants/needs of the player(s).

Bertus

Tbh, despite how frustrating he can be sometimes I like Cavani quite a bit. Not sure he's what PSG needs in their system but I think we'll hold onto him unless it means we get Pogba back, otherwise he stays regardless of his wishes. But it sounds like the ball is in Juve's court: 40m + Cavani(valued at around 50m?), allowing you to finance the deal for Dybala, or hold onto Pogba? With Juve already turning away Barca's 80m bid, I don't know that they'll get a better offer given their interest in a striker. In the end, I imagine it'll come down to wants/needs of the player(s).

Cavani did horrible for 10 months in a row. Mainly because he thinks he doens't fit here + the fact he already wanted to be sold last summer, and even ditched the prep stage in qatar this winter.

Sure that would be a problem to find a striker with the remaining 10M euros after spending 40M, but still, I would accept a Cavani+40M for Pogba in a heartbeat.

Buying Pogba while holding on Verratti and matuidi and you're set with one of the best midfield ever for the next 5+ years.

You can still find a striker that will score 10-20 goals till next year when PSG will be done with the FFP.

If PSG doesn't get Pogba this year, they never will. Simple at that.

Of course it will never happen because Nasser is against it, but if it happens for real.... champagne.

Bertus

Only the attack would be a problem, look at that:

[formation=psg,1]
Marquinhos-0-TS-0-DL-0-Maxwell
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Verratti-0-0-0
0-0-Matuidi-0-Pogba-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

PSG would have one of the best defenses ever + one of the best midfields.

And 3 of the future world class monsters of football in marcos, marco, and pogba, each valued at 80/100M+ easily

Jair Ventura

Cavani did horrible for 10 months in a row. Mainly because he thinks he doens't fit here + the fact he already wanted to be sold last summer, and even ditched the prep stage in qatar this winter.

Sure that would be a problem to find a striker with the remaining 10M euros after spending 40M, but still, I would accept a Cavani+40M for Pogba in a heartbeat.

Buying Pogba while holding on Verratti and matuidi and you're set with one of the best midfield ever for the next 5+ years.

You can still find a striker that will score 10-20 goals till next year when PSG will be done with the FFP.

If PSG doesn't get Pogba this year, they never will. Simple at that.

Of course it will never happen because Nasser is against it, but if it happens for real.... champagne.

I don't disagree on Cavani, I just happen to like him as a player. But, per Pierre Menes, Juventus will only be able to afford Cavani's 7.5m annual salary if they offload Pogba. With he and Jueventus supposedly agreeing to terms that indicates talks, at least on some level, are moving forward between the two clubs.

Footmercato just reported that Cavani will meet with Nasser to express his desire to leave, and that it is now up to Nasser and PSG to determine what's next. So, you're right, but I'm hoping Nasser is smart enough to release Cavani if it means getting back Pogba in return.

[formation=psg,1]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Verratti-0-0-0
0-0-Matuidi-0-Pogba-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

And 3 of the future world class monsters of football in marcos, marco, and pogba, each valued at 80/100M+ easily

In the case of Cavani leaving, I think Pastore would assume his role at LW with Baheback as depth and Lucas at RW. Ibra would obviously still man the middle, with Jean-Kevin Augustine beginning to receive spot minutes next season.

But, I'm not sure PSG would be done with Pogba. I think they'll try to offload a combination of Cabaye, Lavezzi, Digne, & maybe Motta(should Pogba come) to finance a 30m deal for Felipe Anderson.

edit: If anything's certain, we must cheer for Real this week. Sadly...

Last edited:

Trickykid

[formation=psg,1]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Verratti-0-0-0
0-0-Matuidi-0-Pogba-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

I know you're more than a tad biased towards PSG, but calling Matuidi, Verratti and Pogba one of the best midfields ever is optimistic at best. Huge potential, sure, but one of the best ever? Crazy talk.

It's not quite as absurd as claiming TS, DL, Marquinhos and Maxwell to be one of the best defenses ever, though. Something must've been lost in translation here. What did I miss, Bertus?

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Welcome back Tricky.

That midfield looks dangerous though. Of course they ultimately need to prove it on the field, but damn if it doesn't look dangerous as hell.

Home of Barca Fans