Penal Madrid

El Gato

Villarato!
Everything is pointing towards a ridiculous schedule.

20.01: Valencia (A)
22.01: Valencia (A)

27.01: Getafe (H)
30.01: Barcelona (A)
02.02: Granada (A)
09.02: Sevilla (H)
13.02: United (H)
16.02: Vallecano (H)
23.02: Deportivo (A)
27.02: Barcelona (H)
2.03: Barcelona (H)

5.03: United (A)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Everything is pointing towards a ridiculous schedule.

20.01: Valencia (A)
22.01: Valencia (A)

27.01: Getafe (H)
30.01: Barcelona (A)
02.02: Granada (A)
09.02: Sevilla (H)
13.02: United (H)
16.02: Vallecano (H)
23.02: Deportivo (A)
27.02: Barcelona (H)
2.03: Barcelona (H)

5.03: United (A)

That looks tough as hell, to be honest... Do you think Mou will give less importance to the League games to focus in CL and Copa? I mean, I don't see RM getting lower than the 3rd place in the League anyway, but that would mean having to play the qualifying stage for CL, which is not ideal during pre-season, not because of the difficulty of the match but for the fitness of players...

Maria

From today:
"Ernesto valverde ha sido expulsado por tirar los guantes al suelo y pedir que se realizara el cambio." :rofl1:
Having watched some of Rm's games from this season, I can understand why many madridistas find Barca boring. Their games are more entertaining than a comedy show.

After I said that probably RM are going to beat us in CdR and Beast will remind us that we're at the end of a cycle, but it was worth it. :lol:

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
That looks tough as hell, to be honest... Do you think Mou will give less importance to the League games to focus in CL and Copa? I mean, I don't see RM getting lower than the 3rd place in the League anyway, but that would mean having to play the qualifying stage for CL, which is not ideal during pre-season, not because of the difficulty of the match but for the fitness of players...

4:th place is qualification, not third

Galning

From today:
"Ernesto valverde ha sido expulsado por tirar los guantes al suelo y pedir que se realizara el cambio." :rofl1:
Having watched some of Rm's games from this season, I can understand why many madridistas find Barca boring. Their games are more entertaining than a comedy show.

After I said that probably RM are going to beat us in CdR and Beast will remind us that we're at the end of a cycle, but it was worth it. :lol:

:worthy:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I was wondering, if you managed Madrid, what lineup would you play? Now, we're thinking if you actually want the club to succeed, not to get them relegated. I would play this.

-------------------Casillas----------------
---Ramos----Varane----Pepe----Marcelo---
-----------Khedira------Alonso------------
-----Ozil--------Kaka---Modric/Ronaldo-----
------------Ronaldo/Benzema-----------------

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
I was wondering, if you managed Madrid, what lineup would you play? Now, we're thinking if you actually want the club to succeed, not to get them relegated. I would play this.

-------------------Casillas----------------
---Ramos----Varane----Pepe----Marcelo---
-----------Khedira------Alonso------------
-----Modric--------Kaka----------Ozil-----
------------------Ronaldo-----------------

You are forgetting Ronaldo doesnt want to play as striker. His goal/shots ratio is bad. His wild shots sometimes bounce in the box for Higuain/Benzema to put away. His pace is best utilized at the left flank
And ozil on the left flank will be completely isolated.

Stric

Why put the left-footed Ozil on the left and the right-footed Modrić on the right? Isn't this the opposite of what worked for them (and many other teams) so far? I guess it depends on what you would use them for, though. I'd personally put it the other way around, make it easier for them to shoot, and rely on Marcelo/Ramos for crossing.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Fair enough, I'll edit it. But the formation in general is better, no? Maybe we can put Ronaldo on LW and have Benzema up top instead?

Home of Barca Fans