Pep Guardiola

Birdy

On Pep:

This is from Miquel Delaney's piece on Independent.
He thinks there a similar pattern of mental collapses Pep's teams suffer once they lose control of a game for some reason:

"
Of Guardiola’s 11 eliminations from the Champions League, going back to the first in 2009-10, a huge eight have seen periods that have involved flurries of goals conceded or astounding collapses.
2009-10 Internazionale semi-final 2 goals in 13 minutes
2014 Bayern Munich semi-final 3 goals in 18
2015 Barcelona semi-final 3 in 17
2017 Monaco last 16 2 in 8
2018 Liverpool quarter-final 3 in 19
2019 Tottenham Hotspur quarter-final 2 in 3
2020 Lyon quarter-final 2 in 8
2022 Real Madrid semi-final 3 in 6
"

malvolio

Lucky Atletico did not score at home. They were barraging their goal.

Lol. That's a game when they were pressured at the end and they held on. Atletico would have just taken the game to ET if they scored.

Could also say Atletico got lucky they didn't concede more in Manchester or in the first half of the Madrid game.

Was thinking about Real Madrid kind of 'lucky'.

ajnotkeith

City would be challenging for 2nd or 3rd in EPL if Guardiola is not there.

Thing is Pep has been an unlucky manager after leaving Barcelona. Hardly can remember a CL KO moment when City got lucky and went through.
3rd? You can't be serious.

Their bench alone could get 3rd.

BBZ8800

I am reading that Pep wants to buy Frenkie.

Lol

Frenkie will surely help improving City's problems with no leaders, a lack of mental strength, crumbling under pressure and going MIA when they lose 0:1.

What's next, buying Busquets, Mats and Alba?

Givenchy

I am reading that Pep wants to buy Frenkie.

Lol

Frenkie will surely help improving City's problems with no leaders, a lack of mental strength, crumbling under pressure and going MIA when they lose 0:1.

What's next, buying Busquets, Mats and Alba?

Shhhh

wisconsincule

On Man City forums they claim that Haaland and Frenkie are done deals.

They think they are going to buy him for 60 million pounds. If our board sold him to city while he has a contract until 2026 for a massive loss- I will stop being a fan of this club.

He can be sold but he must be sold at a premium price.

150 million+

Richard.H

They think they are going to buy him for 60 million pounds. If our board sold him to city while he has a contract until 2026 for a massive loss- I will stop being a fan of this club.

He can be sold but he must be sold at a premium price.

150 million+

Mate it's Barcelona, I wouldn't be surprised if we sell him for 30 mio + Gundogan

JamDav1982

BBZ flits between 'Pep never sells bad players' to 'Pep has team full of choir boys' depending on the situation.

Teams with no leaders dont dominate best league in world week in week out and get to finals and semi finals of CLs. Small margins at that level and no amount of leaders keeps Walker from being injured etc.

Peps error was lack of depth in his squad.. which is bad in itself when spent that much money.

FDJ will be good signing for Pep if can get it done.

Temptation

Because when he was coaching Olympiacos, he was teaching modern football like pressing from top, playing high line, etc

How he became such a coward to make Barca sit back in 2 banks of 4, man-mark at the last line of D, and not press is beyond me...

Because he had to accommodate 2 super lazy players who wouldn't do a thing off the ball. He did well to accommodate that lazy gang

Home of Barca Fans