Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Zidane82

He's not really a 9. Goes out wider fairly often from what I remember, sort of like Rashford or Fati, but memory may be sketchy, didnt watch him in good form in years.

More like Henry ... in fact he reached the 50 EPL goals mark faster and in fewer games than Henry did ...

El Gato

Villarato!
He is a 9 for Barca. Maybe shifting with Ferran. But Adama and Ferran will start on the wings with Auba in the middle (if he arrives).

It's clear he'll start at CF but how central he'll end up positioning himself is not obvious.
If he drifts off position like he used to it'll make structure lopsided. He's never been a straight 9. More a hybrid scoring wide forward.
Xavi could just as well move him to LW if sees his habits are causing problems and make Ferran play central

Honestly that forward line doesn't look right to me, but could be wrong.
Lots of things have to get worked out between them 3 simultaneously for it to work correctly and they're all new and assembled on the fly by Laporta in one window.

I'd be cautious trying to figure out the optimal lineup in coming months. Need to find one best performing player of the three and build on back of that.
And to me it's not really clear which that is.
Problem is two loanees will get exasperated whenever benched. Which in of itself isn't a problem as barely losing anything on them not being used, but could basically mean whole effort to patch attack to get CL will be bust on few manager decisions

More like Henry ... in fact he reached the 50 EPL goals mark faster and in fewer games than Henry did ...

Who cares
Talking position not goal tally.

Last edited:
Upps, if Dembele stays I wish you much luck... The duo without any discipline outside of the pitch...

As a fan of the opposition that was fun to watch... :p

El Gato

Villarato!
He will start on the left a lot would think.

The front three will change positions multiple times during games.

Yeah probably.
Just dont see it working smoothly to start with. Coin flip on whether they'll find rhythm together in a sufficiently short period of time they were brought in for
Flexibility of him, Ferran and Depay + Fati to compound is nice to have, but I dont know if they have a clear idea how to set this up

That said, Auba would be a good player to buy out for ~20M in summer if Haaland or another forward Barca been saving for rejects.
Good stop gap, frees up funds for a fullback, CB or a decent DM

Catta

An attack of Depay-Auba-Ferran is average, but is also a huge improvement on Abde-Luuk-Braithwaite.

If he helps us get top 4, and challenge for the EL title, he will be a successful loan.

Home of Barca Fans