Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Slevinn

He always played on the wings (90% of the time on the right) bar a handful of games at Lille, Monaco, and Saint-Etienne.
This continued at Dortmund but in his second year I think, when Lewandowski left, Klopp turned him into a striker.
If my memory is correct it?s not really a surprise that his hold up plays sucks for us.

Bobo32

Bobo you know this system isolates players and CF more than anyone else. I think Auba's our best current starter and can put up ridiculous #s in the proper system.

Best of the team overall????
Maybe, maybe he is the best CF option, but I think Luuk has proven to be able to put the same ridiculous #s given the chance. Anyhow, whatever the system, can't defend these numbers!

Tough to defend the coach who seems to be satisfied with these numbers too though...

Iniesta Ultra

Best of the team overall????
Maybe, maybe he is the best CF option, but I think Luuk has proven to be able to put the same ridiculous #s given the chance. Anyhow, whatever the system, can't defend these numbers!

Tough to defend the coach who seems to be satisfied with these numbers too though...

Luuk can't score a good % of Auba's goals, his only forte is headers and that's not enough to be a starting CF for us.

Bobo32

Luuk can't score a good % of Auba's goals, his only forte is headers and that's not enough to be a starting CF for us.

He can do the bicycle kicks, too. Only unlucky they hit the post a few times!

Seriously, neither is of Barcelona quality. The pea has scored some, but he has needed 3 or 4 chances for every goal. Luuk is a joke, but he deserves more chances based on his performances, and is a perfect squad player.
Pierre is not someone to count on, he is far from the best player of this team, he is someone that needs to be replaced soon!

serghei

Auba is a good B-tier striker. Just about Sevilla, Villareal level. Even Arsenal aspire for better quality these days and are linked with Benfica's no9, it's without question that we need better too.

behindbrowneyes

Auba is a good B-tier striker. Just about Sevilla, Villareal level. Even Arsenal aspire for better quality these days and are linked with Benfica's no9, it's without question that we need better too.

Auba is not of the same level of Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski or CR, but he is better than Sevilla or Villarreal level. That Arsenal situation had nothing to do with Arsenal wanting better, but with having personal issues with Arteta and maybe he also got complacent. Fact is he has over 300 career goals (almost 400 scorer points) in 600 games and that is hardly Sevilla level.

Auba's numbers are fine. He isn't the most involved in game play, but that's not the main issue. The main issue is that Barca has two wingers who can't finish to save their life. The numbers of Ferran are kinda okay-ish, but looking at the quantity of quality chances he has missed, he is underperforming in that regard.

It took Pedri to score when Auba got neutralised by opponents because they knew he is the only one in forward line that is clinical. I expect things to get better when Ansu is back, because he is the type of hybrid winger that is a constant danger to score a goal.

feggydinho

Auba is not of the same level of Suarez, Benzema, Lewandowski or CR, but he is better than Sevilla or Villarreal level. That Arsenal situation had nothing to do with Arsenal wanting better, but with having personal issues with Arteta and maybe he also got complacent. Fact is he has over 300 career goals (almost 400 scorer points) in 600 games and that is hardly Sevilla level.

Auba's numbers are fine. He isn't the most involved in game play, but that's not the main issue. The main issue is that Barca has two wingers who can't finish to save their life. The numbers of Ferran are kinda okay-ish, but looking at the quantity of quality chances he has missed, he is underperforming in that regard.

It took Pedri to score when Auba got neutralised by opponents because they knew he is the only one in forward line that is clinical. I expect things to get better when Ansu is back, because he is the type of hybrid winger that is a constant danger to score a goal.

Arsenal were already benching him often before the Arteta incident and opting for Lacazette due to his better linkup play even with Auba being a better finisher. So you gotta pick your poison, the difference was night and day with Depay coming in our last game, so we can rotate both of them in that 9 position based on what the gamerequires, cause sticking to Auba can be costly when his finishing boot isn't on.

Porque

Tier 1.5 :lol:

In his prime of course. Now he is a good backup/rotation option for a big club, as it should be when players reach this age bar the ultimate physical specimens that were/are Ronaldo, Lewa, Benzema, Zlatan.

Winter signing with 7 goals at Arsenal, comes in and scores 9 LaLiga goals is a pretty great return. Benzema has scored 8 since Auba signed for Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should keep him for another season and focus on more immediate needs. Fixing defense should be priority

Home of Barca Fans