Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I think now people will take Everton seriously. Beat Chelsea at home, United away and drew Arsenal away after going a goal down. Good result. They won't be title contenders but they aren't a side to be taken lightly, like some did before this game. Admittedly I expected Arsenal to win, but Everton are just good.

If that went in it would have been a stab in the heart for Everton, as they didn't deserve to lose.

BerkeleyBernie

Everton was outplaying Arsenal, to be frank. They were missing a little sharpness on the angles of the their through-balls (intercepted), and Lukaku needs to improve on his chances, but Everton controlled the pitch and held the ball well. Thoroughly deserved result.

Banana-Rama

with arsenal still having to play chelsea twice and city twice they needed the win today, those dropped points could cost them come end of season. they usually bottle it against the better teams so they needed the 7 point cushion...

suckabov

Lemon curry?
7 points would have been more comfortable, but 5 points clear is still decent. The next games will be tough, but it's not as if they'll automatically drop 6 points just because they're playing Chelsea and City (like they were expected to against Liverpool).

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
7 points would have been more comfortable, but 5 points clear is still decent. The next games will be tough, but it's not as if they'll automatically drop 6 points just because they're playing Chelsea and City (like they were expected to against Liverpool).

LOL when are Arsenal expected to drop points at home to Liverpool?????????????? Have a word.

Banana-Rama

as i said before arsenal's fixture list has been very kind to them so far, a 5 point lead without having played city or chelsea yet is nothing really, lose away at city next week and it is down to 2 points...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans