Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketoth

Boring game. Did manu even have a shot on target? Seems to me they just try to get the ball into the box and hope someone is there to finish it. They are seriously lacking quality.

pEllee

He played for a draw from the start.

Both yes and no. He seemed to focus on the defending, yes. But he started with Schürrle as the number 9. You could see why... they did actually try to play some through balls to him but that game plan failed. Torres didn't make much of a difference either, nor did any of his other attackers so I don't blame him for subbing on Mikel. May as well secure the draw instead of trying to attack more and give United a bigger chance of winning. After all, United did look like the more dangerous team in my opinion.

Rooney MOTM for me.

BarcaOG

Banned
quality game between united and chealsea, the draw notwithstanding. there more i watch the EPL the more i realize how weak la liga is

Martindn

Boring game. Did manu even have a shot on target? Seems to me they just try to get the ball into the box and hope someone is there to finish it. They are seriously lacking quality.

Chelsea's Tactic was to stifle any attack and play on the counter, what can you do against 11 players behind the ball? Look at what happened to City vs Cardiff the same scenario, they lost. It was a mistake by Moyes taking off valencia and not bringing on Kagawa imo, no creativity.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Pellee...you could be right, it could be thier attackers were just not on the same page and they couldn't create, seems likely with it not being a consistent lineup.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
quality game between united and chealsea, the draw notwithstanding. there more i watch the EPL the more i realize how weak la liga is

They are two of the top three teams in the league, I certainly hope there is quality. To be honest both sides lacked attacking quality so you're point seems strange...

Ketoth

Chelsea's Tactic was to stifle any attack and play on the counter, what can you do against 11 players behind the ball? Look at what happened to City vs Cardiff the same scenario, they lost. It was a mistake by Moyes taking off valencia and not bringing on Kagawa imo, no creativity.

Mourinho is known for being negative but I counted more shots on target for Chelsea so your point isn't valid.

DavidVillano1

Love how the United fan is slating Chelsea going on about them playing defensive with all their attacking players, yet I bet he was creaming in his pants when United played defensive against Barcelona over two legs and sneaked through 1-0 on agg.

K

kingleo

I had no idea this Chelsea team could play like that! SO solid and well organised! i thought Bayern would destroy them in the Super Cup final on Friday but now after that i think it will be a close game! all Chelsea was missing was that top striker to knick them a goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans