Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

Horatio

You're welcome
Last season Man U won 20 games in 49. Now they won 20 games already in the 27 they played. Quite impressive considering the rocky start that was only natural.

Serghei in the mud.

Temptation

Last season Man U won 20 games in 49. Now they won 20 games already in the 27 they played. Quite impressive considering the rocky start that was only natural.

Serghei in the mud.

ETH is pretty good it seems.

People underestimated him as a manager. You only underestimated/underrated his English. Never underestimate a Dutch dude's English fam!

Givenchy

Serghei in the mud.

He's doing a great job. Casemiro was a great signing but he's mostly using the same plodders Ole had. Just goes to show the difference a good manager can make.

Birdy

Serghei in the mud.

'ETH is average' Serghei
Big L for him

Big L for Levy who rejected him one summer before,
and the biggest L for Laporta who didn't wanna wait until the summer to get him

Temptation

'ETH is average' Serghei
Big L for him

Big L for Levy who rejected him one summer before,
and the biggest L for Laporta who didn't wanna wait until the summer to get him

Levy rejected him due to lack of charisma. :lol: :lol:

Hope he's thrilled with drama queen Baldtonio Conte's wig wearing charisma now. :lol:

serghei

He's doing a great job. Casemiro was a great signing but he's mostly using the same plodders Ole had. Just goes to show the difference a good manager can make.

They also spent close to 100m on Antony. United and Chelsea are biggest spenders in the last years... and Barca had to sell players because they couldn't afford their salaries. Huge difference.

KingLeo10

Ten Hag is showing promising signs but being praised too much, too soon.

It wasn't long ago that they got obliterated 6-3 by City.

Let's see where he stands after the business end of the season. If he makes it to top 3, and wins Europa, I will be impressed.

Birdy

Ten Hag is showing promising signs but being praised too much, too soon.

Let's see where he stands after the business end of the season. If he makes it to top 3, and wins Europa, I will be impressed.

He 'shouldn't' be able to do any of that on paper.
He received an woeful team led by Ole, and given the strength of the league, a 5th or 6th spot and a good showing in Europa would be enough if progress were to be made on way of playing
However, he is even exceeding these expectations.

Dont start about titles. You have to understand teams are not built overnight.

KingLeo10

He 'shouldn't' be able to do any of that on paper.
He received an woeful team led by Ole, and given the strength of the league, a 5th or 6th spot and a good showing in Europa would be enough if progress were to be made on way of playing
However, he is even exceeding these expectations.

Dont start about titles. You have to understand teams are not built overnight.

A club like United doesn't have ambitions of consecutive Europa league appearances. At the bare minimum, this PL season, he has to get top 4.

The strength of the league argument would hold more weight if Pool and Chelsea were at their usual level. But both are awful and far away from top 4 themselves, especially Chelsea. If United can't even beat out the likes of Spurs and Newcastle to the top 4, that will be an average job by ETH. Not a good one.

Even the awful Ole got United to a 2nd and 3rd place finish in the Pep/Klopp era in PL. ETH is obviously much better than Ole right now, so he should have much higher expectations.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome

And that was all according to most people their expectations. Was early in the season and City is on another level.

I think United will lose the next game against them as well. Likely by a smaller margin.

KingLeo10

And that was all according to most people their expectations. Was early in the season and City is on another level.

I like what I see so far, but I just don't want to go overboard 27 games in.

Even Xavi had a purple patch of ~20-25 games where we were dropping 4 goals on every team, including RM, AM, Sevilla, Valencia etc.

Obviously, I rate ETH above Xavi but the level of hype is premature IMO.

Horatio

You're welcome
Was already a few days in the making, but Man U is getting Wout Weghorst! Their very own Luuk de Jong. It's on a loan.

Andresito

Staff member
Messi's best friend.

que-mir%C3%A1s-bobo-messi.gif

Home of Barca Fans