Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

Back to EPL, all of United, Livrpool and Chelsea out from CL next season is too much. :lol:

Still, 2/3 is good enough.

ajnotkeith

Had bigger fish to fry imo. This is why some players got rested in the 1st leg. La Liga was the main focus. If United had any hope for EPL title they do the same imo.

Overall good decision.

Resting Balde at that time makes no sense. He was one of the least at risk being a young player who hadn't played that many minutes in the season.

If resting was the idea why not rest actual overused players like Pedri/Lewa/De Jong.

Horatio

You're welcome
Resting Balde at that time makes no sense. He was one of the least at risk being a young player who hadn't played that many minutes in the season.

If resting was the idea why not rest actual overused players like Pedri/Lewa/De Jong.

Yeah I find it hard to believe serghie's narrative. I think all of the competitive players on the team would be pissed at Xavi for not trying to chase a EL win.

serghei

Yeah I find it hard to believe serghie's narrative. I think all of the competitive players on the team would be pissed at Xavi for not trying to chase a EL win.

Of course. And that is the player's perspective. The manager's responsability is different.

I give credit to the manager, it is clear this season he knows what he is doing.

serghei

Balde played full 90 in a 1-0 hard fought game vs Villareal 4 days before. Alba didn't play for 10 days since Sevilla and was fresher. Hardly a big issue.

It's just rotation in a secondary competition. La Liga took priority for obvious reasons.

serghei

Yes, the obvious reason being that he knows winning liga is way easier than competing in Europe. Knows that from experience. ;)

Lol.

Nobody said winning La Liga is easier than winning the CL. Going deep into the CL is the main objective for next season.

La Liga is far more important than EL or Conferrence League though. For sure. Only a fool would question that.

Last edited:

fergus90

He was playing fantastic stuff at Brighton but it's a huge step up going to Chelsea.

For teams that want to finish 8th-13th but wanna be entertained when you buy a ticket, he's a good choice.

Clubs too unstable for top managers let alone coaches with zero experience at big clubs.

fergus90

Luis Enrique to Chelsea perhaps? He's been very vocal about wanting to coach in England the last few days. Can't be a coincidence.

Or perhaps Nagelsmann too. I sense that the board might consider him too inexperienced though.

Home of Barca Fans