Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

Jenks

Odd that a bigger team didn't go after Maddison. He is class for a good while.
I think the reason clubs didn't go in for him is because he was allowed to "cheat" a little bit off the ball at Leicester, so the numbers would have suggested that he's a bit lightweight. Signing of the season so far though considering the money involved.

Xaviniesta

Only positive today is that City didn't gain any points and extend their lead on us today.

We're clearly better than the other teams so I am not worried.

Only looking at City.

Thankfully, our new signings have all landed.

Szoboszlai has been one of the best players in the league this season. Macca has been delightful. Endo and Graven doing well.

Joe Gomez is back and like a new signing. Finally have cover for Trent.
MacAllister has been pretty bad. Never seen a 6 giveaway so many balls and get dispossed fairly easily. Thiago is a far better player for that position

MagIX

I can't believe that Diaz goal was disallowed.
How is it possible that VAR did not step in ?
Absolutely unjustifiable in any way. One can only think that it was done on purpose.
Whoever was at the VAR should be fired on the spot.

Devils

I've said it before and I'll say it again. But no means should referees be in the VAR room. It needs to be well trained individuals who are NOT referees that look at the VAR footage/data and provide the information to the referee.

Porque

Absolutely unjustifiable in any way. One can only think that it was done on purpose.

Txiki
Soriano
Flamboyant jacket man
Pep
Negreia

Jenks

On ESPN they seemed to be suggesting that it was communication error. VAR booth saying it was OK meaning the goal, but the ref taking that to mean the on-field decision, so he allowed the game to play on with no check.

MagIX

On ESPN they seemed to be suggesting that it was communication error. VAR booth saying it was OK meaning the goal, but the ref taking that to mean the on-field decision, so he allowed the game to play on with no check.
if so we are even beyond the ridiculous.... why they (VAR) didn't contact the referee again and tell him no offside, regular goal ?
it doesn't seem complicated to me

Andresito

Staff member
I find it hard to believe that the communication between VAR and the ref is so simple and basic that it's too diffuse for the ref to understand. So VAR supposedly just said "check complete", rather than "correct call, it's a goal". So easy to prevent misunderstandings by just being a bit more clear.

And how the fuck do the VAR not know what has been ruled on the pitch? They are like 3-4 people in there with 5 screens showing different angles. I'd be furious if that happened to Barca.

Home of Barca Fans