Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

true, but then again...you basically caught up europe with your changes last summer. which got you this seasons tripple

We got to a CL semi last year. We had a very good foundation in place and just added to it, I don't see the same solid foundations in Madrid as we had...everyone knew (even Beast said it) that if we got rid of the egos in the squad we had the foundation of a top team, Xavi, Yaya, Iniesta, Puyol, Marquez, Messi, Henry, even Valdes and Eto'o...all top players and a solid foundation.

You guys have Higuain, Lass, Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas...possibly Huntelaar and Pepe at a big stretch...You guys are in worse overall shape than we were this time last summer.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I forgot Higuaín! One of the few players I actually like in that Madrid side, even if he has an annoying habit of scoring goals with shots that never leave the ground from 25yds out when madrid have been hopelessly outplayed.

Beast

The Observer
care to tell me your 5 or 6 players that are realistic in your opinion and would make real catch up on level with barca beast???

Barca didn't reach this level in one day and you don't expect any team to reach that same level in one year as well..

As CA & Warik pointed out they had the same core in the last 5- 6 years.. you add some names on the way and those players improved their quality and talent over the years and the additions gave them another perspective and ability to maneuver ..

Valdes-Puyol-Marquez-Xavi-Iniesta - Eto'o .. that's 6 out of 11.. along came Messi that's 7 out of 11 players .. some good subs like Milito-Pique... another dimension to Dinho in the form of Henry ..

as i said it's not FM2009 so don't expect to buy the best 11 in the world to suddenly compete with Barca..
when Capello took over he had some of the of the old team as starters (Iker-Ramos-Helguera-Carlos-Becks-Robinho-Raul..) it's football

5 or 6 players is the right amount.. the fans want flair not trophies .. that's why most of the polls had Wenger on top and Carlo & Jose trailing at the bottom

who he brings it doesn't matter cause it's Valdano & Zidane who will pick but it does matter which positions ..there is no doubt in anyone who watch the liga even cule's that Perez will seek Quality players
integrate in the team then build a system then expect the system to make sense in no less then 6 month .. so playing catch up is again an unrealistic view if you want it to happen in the first year
the improvement will occur in the Champions league IMO but it's down to many factors..
the first one is making other teams worried about our attacking threat instead of them taking it easy and coming to Iker like we saw .. Pique is a great player he proved it.. but i think there is plenty of game when Barca defense & keeper we're no tested due to
1- the team fears the attacking trio and 2 midfield magician
2- they never had the ball to attack in the first place...

now this is what they should look for in the next team...5-6 is an excellent amount of new players and judging by the acclaimed quality of those 5 or 6 it maybe too much

the base of the team should be Iker-Ramos-Pepe---Lass -Robben (when you have other alternatives to attack you can afford one selfish players especially if u did buy CR who is not the best unselfish player in the lot ) -Higuain
some may take Robben and add Huntelaar (but he is still not settled yet .. but i think spending pre-season will do him good under a new coach ) ..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm really intrigued as to who perez tries to sign.

beast you say it's not FM but let's be honest some of the press talk reeks of FM, lol.

how much of that perez will act on, I dunno.

if the rumours I've heard of barca going for forlan are true, that would clear you to get villa, which is a bit shit but there you go. I have doubts over djila since raul has had to fight to keep him at the club several time and you'd think raul's influence will fade. mind you if zizou has any influence that may be enough to keep him around (and you need him around).

kaka and ronaldo have both said they want to stay at their current clubs. neither is likely, IMO.

ribery seems likely due to zidane connection, even though he's said he prefers barca.

what other top players are there? the other three big players in the world all play for barca! lol.

tbh pirlo wouldn't be a bad shout. in terms of midfield creativity he's quite good eh? haha.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
pilro would be everthing we do not need.

As long as we put in an admirable fight during the season, and reach the semi finals of the Champions league playing exciting football then we would be on the right track. If we end up scraping wins for 10 matches straight during any point of the seasno we would be at square one, having done fuck all.

Let us see what Pellegrini would do. There is a special connection that I feel towards Pellegrini as he coached Palestino back in Chile on two differnet occasions, and he is a civil engineer like Moi.

Although he has done an exceptional job at Villareal, his defense lines tend to be laughable at times. I am not sure whether the players are that garbage at the back or if he isn't capable of setting up his lines properly consistently during the season.

Beast

The Observer
Yep no Pirlo please.. too damn slow and old

@ Meta.. and just because the papers are playing it we don't have to.. we must keep it Real

regarding our next coach which is more important at this stage.. Balague met Perez and here what he had to say

Madrid still waiting for Wenger - with Pellegrini on hold

Following the article I published here the other day, outlining Florentino Perez’ list of potential coach’s for his Real Madrid project, I have had quite a few readers getting in touch asking for the latest development: bearing in mind that Perez is expected to confirm who his coach will be an day now

I was fortunate enough to secure an interview with Florentino Perez yesterday, and the man who it now appears certain will be the next president of Real Madrid was quite open about who he would like to recruit. That interview will be broadcast on Revista de la Liga on Tuesday evening, and we will have it here on the site as well – but I can at least reveal one or two things now regarding his managerial options.

Despite the broad consensus being that Arsene Wenger will remain at Arsenal - and the London club`s confidence that he will stay - I was very susrprised to hear from Perez that he is still waiting for a definitive answer from the Frenchman.

The presidential candidate has made his offer to Wenger and he has extended his deadline, giving him until the end of the weekend to come back with his final answer. Before anyone tries to suggest otherwise: no, I am not saying that Arsene Wenger is going to Real Madrid or that he is even likely to do so – but it is nevertheless very interesting that Florentino Perez still believes that it may be a possibility.

We discussed Perez’ other options at length here the other day, but after speaking with Perez yesterday, he has decided that, if Wenger finally and conclusively turns him down – then he aims to confirm Manuel Pellegrini from Villarreal as the next coach of Real Madrid this Tuesday.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
this is all so interesting. the transfer market this summer is going to be absolutely crazy as teams try to buy some grade A talent in the midst of a worldwide recession.

Which brings me to my question. Gio, are you sure that Real is going to spend €200+ this offseason? You say Florentino has a board filled with businessmen and economists; shouldn't they have better sense than to drop that kind of money in these times? Or were you being facetious and I just completely missed the point (as usual)?

veryfatchocobo

Ew. Confidence in Perez puts you guys into a hole bigger than what Calderon created since his time. He may have given you a a couple Primera titles, but it was never going to last because he killed Madrid's football culture. It's all about selfish capitalism now, like in the EPL.

Beast

The Observer
this is all so interesting. the transfer market this summer is going to be absolutely crazy as teams try to buy some grade A talent in the midst of a worldwide recession.

Which brings me to my question. Gio, are you sure that Real is going to spend €200+ this offseason? You say Florentino has a board filled with businessmen and economists; shouldn't they have better sense than to drop that kind of money in these times? Or were you being facetious and I just completely missed the point (as usual)?

It should be a crazy summer.. but we also said the same thing last summer and it was very very quiet in every league ... Chelsea didn't spend , neither did Real..etc

regarding our spending powers.. i know they will have something in the region of 80 Mil as a regular transfer kit .. despite the fact that they didn't spend anything par those 15 Mil for VDV last summer they did spend around 45 in winter adding to that what they will have usually this summer (minus the bonus for the league trophy ) but that amount was already covered from Robinho sale(40 Million ) .. so i think it's in this region as a transfer kit is those remaing 50-60 Million from last summer plus this year say 50 -60 (due to winning nothing i deducted 30 Mil from last season kit )
Calderon /Balouda managed a loan deal with Banco Santander of 75 Million Euro ( acclaimed as the price for CR7 ) so that's also in Perez disposal
the total of both are 175/180 Million
+
sales for players like Gago , VDV with a possibility of Sneijder or Diarra/part exchange (maybe)..etc
I think it will add a 40-50 Mil including our 15 Mil if Cassano did move (which he probably will )
+
new endorsement there is a plan of putting a promoter name beside the Santiago Bernabeu name (similar to Allianz Arena , Reebok Stadium..etc )

so to conclude yes i believe that's what Perez will have if he want to spend big .. however it's up to them to decide if they want to spend it all or spend part of it.. no doubt if they go for both CR & Kaka it will mean 150 Million gone.. + 20 for Xabi .. the rest are for regular names

Are you confident in Perez, Beast?
I'm confident in Valdano Conor. full stop
If you believe Perez he say he learned from his mistakes .. his first target is a man who will take charge of everything and won't compromise as you all know.. that's not the old Perez.. but i've been around a lot and i won't trust what they say till i see it ..

a Man like Wenger will not just be a manager in the Spanish football dictionary but a football manager in the English way .. in charge of everything leaving no room for Perez to dictate or control anything
the thing is even Pellegerini work in the same mold as Wenger with Villarreal .. but i'll believe it when i see it .. all in all they need to build properly and the fans want proper football more then titles at the moment

Evil

Shabazz
This is going to be one long summer for the Madridista´s ... there will be more drama than the season itself lol.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
It should be a crazy summer.. but we also said the same thing last summer and it was very very quiet in every league ... Chelsea didn't spend , neither did Real..etc

regarding our spending powers.. i know they will have something in the region of 80 Mil as a regular transfer kit .. despite the fact that they didn't spend anything par those 15 Mil for VDV last summer they did spend around 45 in winter adding to that what they will have usually this summer (minus the bonus for the league trophy ) but that amount was already covered from Robinho sale(40 Million ) .. so i think it's in this region as a transfer kit is those remaing 50-60 Million from last summer plus this year say 50 -60 (due to winning nothing i deducted 30 Mil from last season kit )
Calderon /Balouda managed a loan deal with Banco Santander of 75 Million Euro ( acclaimed as the price for CR7 ) so that's also in Perez disposal
the total of both are 175/180 Million
+
sales for players like Gago , VDV with a possibility of Sneijder or Diarra/part exchange (maybe)..etc
I think it will add a 40-50 Mil including our 15 Mil if Cassano did move (which he probably will )
+
new endorsement there is a plan of putting a promoter name beside the Santiago Bernabeu name (similar to Allianz Arena , Reebok Stadium..etc )

so to conclude yes i believe that's what Perez will have if he want to spend big .. however it's up to them to decide if they want to spend it all or spend part of it.. no doubt if they go for both CR & Kaka it will mean 150 Million gone.. + 20 for Xabi .. the rest are for regular names

that's mucho interesting. I hope you guys get CR. Not Kaká though.

Why isn't Perez interested in Ancelotti? Is he practically guaranteed to go to Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans