Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
You're not serious are you?

One trophyless year marks the end of the dynasty and an era? Wow...

Gio is making the point that if Real can do that this year, they can do it every year and hence "end of Barça's dynasty"

I think that by making the Clasico's irrelevant, Mourinho has already surrendered the CL and the Copa. While the Liga has always been the more important title for Cules, the CL has always been more important for Madridistas. Mourinho is basically hoping that someone else knocks out Barça so that he could win the CL, because he has all but come out and say that Barça cannot be beat.

it makes me smile.

Beast

The Observer
A pinch, Gio...and Kaka was always going down in that run once he saw he couldn't get onto the pass...Of course, I'm speaking about the standards for a pk for those who aren't RM

If someone is pulling your shorts what are you going to do ? let him take it off ??

going down is something getting pulled is something else Michael.. 100 % correct call here

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
this is a great post, way to go Lil John on everyone and 'dumb it down' ... I just have one question, Raed: how would losing to Barça in the 2nd Clasico and a potential CL KO stage match-up (while still winning La Liga) affect the merit of Real Madrid's accomplishment? Even if they win the CL but do not go through Barça, how would that affect them going foward?

Because simply put, Real Madrid winning the La Liga and/or the CL without beating Barça does not solve the problem that Mourinho was brought in to address. I know Madridistas, you don't want to 'just win' ... you want to win and look damned good at it too. Winning the Liga and the CL won't solve anything without beating Barça to do that. It certainly won't take away from the accomplishments themselves. There isn't going to be giant asterisks on each trophy saying "Real Madrid did not beat Barça to win this trophy" and they won't count as .5 of a title. But going in to next year in order for Real Madrid to really end this Barça dynasty, they have to beat Barça at least once this year, no?

There is a slim chance for Madrid to beat Barcelona, but the matches have not been played yet. So things can still change.

What I am saying is that you cannot solve ALL problems in one season. I'd take the league this year, over the Classicos (if it has to be either or). I would take it next year as well, because titles are more important. There is always a better chance to beat your rival as champions, especially if you cannot beat them as their inferior.

I am not going to hold Mourinho accountable , just yet, if he delivers a title this year. It is a life line, a good one too. What I am saying is that I would take the title now and hope to beat you next year.

Further especially that you have the world's best player at 24. Any silverware is going to be valuable as he will keep on winning that asshole.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I've hated Madrid for years but I don't remember them ever being this cartoonishly evil. It's like Mourinho took his unlikeable Chelsea team and turned up the douche power tenfold.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If someone is pulling your shorts what are you going to do ? let him take it off ??

going down is something getting pulled is something else Michael.. 100 % correct call here

Pinch, not a pull down...you know what kind of a pull down would be required to pull a 6 ft man from behind in full gallop to the ground?...by his shorts?...He'd have to wrap his arms around Kaka

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Gio is making the point that if Real can do that this year, they can do it every year and hence "end of Barça's dynasty"

I think that by making the Clasico's irrelevant, Mourinho has already surrendered the CL and the Copa. While the Liga has always been the more important title for Cules, the CL has always been more important for Madridistas. Mourinho is basically hoping that someone else knocks out Barça so that he could win the CL, because he has all but come out and say that Barça cannot be beat.

it makes me smile.

Over two legs i still it's pretty hard not impossible but pretty hard.. , one game is a different momentum and calculations
over 2 legs Barca will have 85 % of making it .. but a final i'd go and say 50-50 , his best chance for the CL ATM would be either meeting Barca in the final or someone else finishing the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans