Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warik

Shouldn't be tbh. On paper thats a great team, but it takes more than money to create a team...they need to gel together and that won't be easy (will Kaka approve of CR partying? he didn't approve of Dinho) etc...With big players comes the opportunity for big unrest.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
----------Casillas-------------
Ramos--Pepe--Metzldr--Marcelo
------Xabi----------L.Diarra------
-------------Kaka------------------
Robben--------------Ronaldo----
--------------Villa--------------------

Sub players: Higuain, Raul, Garay, Drenthe ...

I'm a bit worried tbh.
The defence is poor, Xabi and Villa haven't signed and I don't fear Robben.

V

Valon

I'm a bit worried tbh.

You can't expect to change 4 starters ( from the talks it looks like it's gonna be like 6-7 new starters) and expect them to gel in and perform right away, they will need time to get chemistry together so I'm not scared at all.

beef-supreme

Madrid lack style and identity, as Viva and CA put it so rightly.
They are an extremely effective team and they possess great individual talents. They are always dangerous.
But with the constant boardroom chaos, changes in managers and huge spending, the lack of cantera and the frequent player movement, they have no philosophy and core style to stick to.
Barcelona have a recognisable style and identity, as do Manchester United, Arsenal, Athletic Club and hell even Chelsea have their own thug football that anyone can say is without a doubt Chelsea. But Madrid don't. On a day they can go out and humiliate someone 6-0, and then the next day they're held to a bore draw. After that they can struggle to win 1-0, but sometimes they're actually beaten heavily too, when it's least expected. The only characteristic of Madrid i suppose is guts and perseverance, but that's more psychological than footballing.
However, most fans are consoled by insane trophy hauls, big name signings and the whole Madrid circus.

* Beast I fully agree that Madrid will prioritise the CL, especially with the final being at home. But the problem with the CL for you will be consistency. You will have to have your players gel for those crucial matches and it's hard to predict whether it will happen. In the league you have a margin for error, but in the CL it all hinges on 180 (+ extra time) minutes.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer

I'm a bit worried tbh.
i think it will be a little different but lets wait
I can't picture Metzelder in the starting lineup next season.
i like the German he made some great games this season.. i think he will be like a complete new signing but as u said i don't see him as a starter

Shouldn't be tbh. On paper thats a great team, but it takes more than money to create a team...they need to gel together and that won't be easy (will Kaka approve of CR partying? he didn't approve of Dinho) etc...With big players comes the opportunity for big unrest.

yep time to gel .. that's why it will be the CL to focus on.. with this team i feel we have a very good chance ...
CR is a model pro and nothing like Dinho .. he never miss training and never get wasted prior to the games... his summer playing around is his own.. but i'm yet to see anyone talk badly about his behavior off the pitch all i heard all year was the opposite from people who coached him , trained with him & played beside him

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
i'm not.

i think it's the madrid fans who need to worry more about the failure than succes imo. They almost need to win the treble to succeed. if they win the double, it will always be less than barcelona this year and if they only win the champions league it, again will generate joy but not equal the current barcelona.

not to mention how the team will work or be build. will you find in robben or villa the player who takes care of ronaldo's lack of defense? i don't think so.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
i like the German he made some great games this season.. i think he will be like a complete new signing but as u said i don't see him as a starter
I think he is a really solid defender but looking at all the offensive big names we've signed or are about to sign, and whom I all expect to start, we'll have a very offensive minded team. Metzelder is not the guy I want to have defending almost halfway the field, he's not nearly fast or agile enough for that, he'll get blown right by. Would be a good backup tho.

Beast said:
CR is a model pro and nothing like Dinho .. he never miss training and never get wasted prior to the games... his summer playing around is his own.. but i'm yet to see anyone talk badly about his behavior off the pitch all i heard all year was the opposite from people who coached him , trained with him & played beside him
I agree, if his behaviour off the field has a negative impact on his performances, people will not take it. But that has never been the case so far, the man always brings it.

i'm not.

i think it's the madrid fans who need to worry more about the failure than succes imo. They almost need to win the treble to succeed. if they win the double, it will always be less than barcelona this year and if they only win the champions league it, again will generate joy but not equal the current barcelona.
Look at it differently: if we do the double, we'd have beaten the team that did the treble last year, the best team in the world, in 2 competitions. Every Madrid fan will be delighted if we win the double, make no mistake.

Beast

The Observer
i'm not.

not to mention how the team will work or be build. will you find in robben or villa the player who takes care of ronaldo's lack of defense? i don't think so.

actually Gneg the great thing is we reached a low last season (of course to our standards ..etc ) .. so when you move from nothing to something it's a positive in itself ..
we don't need to win the treble we need to reach at least the semi final of the CL maybe the Final if Pellegerini tactics prove successful .. no one expect instant success but we see the team in heading in the right direction in terms of reinforcements so far .. we are still waiting for some Defenders..

however the only one who is really worried is Laporta.. he speaks daily of Real Madrid it's not even funny ..
as for who will take care of who .. it's too early we haven't seen the team even play needless to say we are not finished yet.. and i'm sure you heard about defending from the front before ? the way we did under Capello and you did with Pep last year ? Messi & Henry didn't track back to defend..you just apply pressure from the top... going back to defend is a bit old fashioned IMO you don't need 8 at the back to defend.. u need to pressure well

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Look at it differently: if we do the double, we'd have beaten the team that did the treble last year, the best team in the world, in 2 competitions. Every Madrid fan will be delighted if we win the double, make no mistake.
myea, the double happens every once and a while. the treble is what makes you write history. if you win the double, you will be the best team in europe. don't let there be any doubt about that, of course. but it won't be a treble.

and if you don't win the champions league, real madrid will be laughed at. even if you get in the final.

Warik

Don't think so Gneg tbh. They'll only be laughed at if they win nothing...and even then it will be subdued laughter because that team would of have a year to gel...

Beast

The Observer
whatever we do Gneg we never take copa del rey seriously... we never do .. for us it's like it doesn't exist

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
actually Gneg the great thing is we reached a low last season (of course to our standards ..etc ) .. so when you move from nothing to something it's a positive in itself ..
we don't need to win the treble we need to reach at least the semi final of the CL maybe the Final if Pellegerini tactics prove successful .. no one expect instant success but we see the team in heading in the right direction in terms of reinforcements so far .. we are still waiting for some Defenders..

however the only one who is really worried is Laporta.. he speaks daily of Real Madrid it's not even funny ..
as for who will take care of who .. it's too early we haven't seen the team even play needless to say we are not finished yet.. and i'm sure you heard about defending from the front before ? the way we did under Capello and you did with Pep last year ? Messi & Henry didn't track back to defend..you just apply pressure from the top... going back to defend is a bit old fashioned IMO you don't need 8 at the back to defend.. u need to pressure well
i don't know, beast. that's from your madridista point of view. the general reaction with the people i talk too is more like: "beh real, they are buying the best players in the world. i hate them for buying all good players. i will laugh at them when they don't win everything."
you are the galacticos, beast. and galacticos need prizes, first season or not.

indeed, i already posted in laporta's thread. i love the guy but he is losing it at the moment.

well, with defending i also meant pressure and things like you say. i still don't see ronaldo do that, honestly. and if one players doesn't do that (certainly with a lot of big names), the pressure chain starts to crumble.

edit: this is going too fast for me, too many posts. only beast can handle this amount!

@warik: they really need the double. or i am talking to the wrong sort of people abuot football. :lol:

@beast: i know you don't take that seriously, but it is needed for the legendary treble teams. :p

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Convenient seeing as it's the only competition you don't hold the record in...I guess being humiliated at the Bernabeu during your centenary season was the final nail in the coffin.

Beast

The Observer
i don't know, beast. that's from your madridista point of view. the general reaction with the people i talk too is more like: "beh real, they are buying the best players in the world. i hate them for buying all good players. i will laugh at them when they don't win everything."
you are the galacticos, beast. and galacticos need prizes, first season or not.

indeed, i already posted in laporta's thread. i love the guy but he is losing it at the moment.

well, with defending i also meant pressure and things like you say. i still don't see ronaldo do that, honestly. and if one players doesn't do that (certainly with a lot of big names), the pressure chain starts to crumble.

edit: this is going too fast for me, too many posts. only beast can handle this amount!

@warik: they really need the double. or i am talking to the wrong sort of people abuot football. :lol:

@beast: i know you don't take that seriously, but it is needed for the legendary treble teams. :p

Gneg as much as we will have new members who all of a sudden were old Madrid fans ..blah blah just because we have 2 brand name popular and talented players.. we will also have hate groups.. especially Man U fans (as you can see already in other threads :D ) Chelsea fans who looks @ us as the number on hate figure (Robinho + Kaka + Villa ) .. it's part of the game ... some will laugh and some will look @ it objectively ...

we will try to give it all.. we are happy with the new signings A LOT .. we have big hopes for the season OF COURSE.. but no Madrid fan (and i'm talking a real fan not Kaka-fan-turned-madrid fan or CR fan-turned - madrid fan ) will tell you we are the best team or the strongest team.. we formed a team and we will wait to see how it turns out ...

last year i think with Kaka & CR we could have done a lot (if Ruud ,Diarra,De La Red were not out as well ) .. i'm happy if we start tomorrow with no more signings .. anything more is an added bonus.. although Villa will give us a much needed speed upfront and less Raulism

Convenient seeing as it's the only competition you don't hold the record in...I guess being humiliated at the Bernabeu during your centenary season was the final nail in the coffin.

nothing about convenience Adam.. when did we ever take it seriously ? it has nothing to with u winning it... we never even try not even during the first galacticos or before it.. we don't care .. u know that.. for u it has a meaning a political one ... winning the KINGS cup.. etc for us it's nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans