Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Yeah it's a shame but at the end Manu is looking for something else (speed ) upfront .. it's his call and we just have to respect that.. it takes nothing away from Huntelaar who is a brilliant player and will have a brilliant future

Really like Kaka words " Madrid will be great but not unbeatable " .. that's the spirit Ricky

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Sarcastic?

He is a realist. But as Madrid fans, we never like to hear this stuff :D

Although this is good, it takes off some pressure.

Isn't Veloso a bit weak?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I saw him play a couple of times, and from what I saw, he is a work horse, the behind the scenes type of player who connects the dots. If my memory serves me correct. A bit like Deco?

Beast

The Observer
I saw him play a couple of times, and from what I saw, he is a work horse, the behind the scenes type of player who connects the dots. If my memory serves me correct. A bit like Deco?

Do u mean Moutinho ? than yes..
if u mean Veloso than a big no.. he is a scoring DM

Huntelaar was a bit of a waste wasn't he ?

Huntelaar had 70 goals in 93 games for Ajax
8 in 12 starts for Real...

hardly a waste isn't he ? Huntelaar problem is tactically .. he is a top striker who is a top addition to any team.. he is just isn't what Manu wants and keeping him means wasting his career

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Do u mean Moutinho ? than yes..
if u mean Veloso than a big no.. he is a scoring DM

hardly a waste isn't he ? Huntelaar problem is tactically .. he is a top striker who is a top addition to any team.. he is just isn't what Manu wants and keeping him means wasting his career

I had both players mixed up then. Thanks beast.

Why do we need Veloso then? We are quite saturated with DMs.

To be quite honest I do not understand why would sell M Diarra. In a 4 4 2, he is quite handy when we need someone to just destroy everything. Lass gets me nervous, he dribbles a lot, and he likes to take on players. While he is quite good technically (which is something I love) we can't afford a blip considering the quality of our rivals.

In a 4 5 1, we don't really need other players to fill in the CM role, Lass is great. His passing range is very good, his short passes are quick and accurate, not to mention he could carry the ball quite well to Ronaldo or Kaka while M.D. can take care of business.

Getting someone else to me is not very essential but I don't know what Pellegrini saw, what he has planned or his reasoning but all I know is that if we do not get someone else, the CM/DM role to me is very good, saturated with very good players. I would also drop Sniejder there in case of emergency. Especially that I like his new found motivation, he seems happy to be partnered up with Kaka and Ronaldo.

Beast

The Observer
I had both players mixed up then. Thanks beast.

Why do we need Veloso then? We are quite saturated with DMs.

To be quite honest I do not understand why would sell M Diarra. In a 4 4 2, he is quite handy when we need someone to just destroy everything. Lass gets me nervous, he dribbles a lot, and he likes to take on players. While he is quite good technically (which is something I love) we can't afford a blip considering the quality of our rivals.

In a 4 5 1, we don't really need other players to fill in the CM role, Lass is great. His passing range is very good, his short passes are quick and accurate, not to mention he could carry the ball quite well to Ronaldo or Kaka while M.D. can take care of business.

Getting someone else to me is not very essential but I don't know what Pellegrini saw, what he has planned or his reasoning but all I know is that if we do not get someone else, the CM/DM role to me is very good, saturated with very good players. I would also drop Sniejder there in case of emergency. Especially that I like his new found motivation, he seems happy to be partnered up with Kaka and Ronaldo.

Look , i think you noticed that they want this CM/DM with an ability to score.. that's why the 3 names mentioned were Xabi,De Rossi & D'Agostino ..
Manu wants another goal scoring option from the DM/CM position that's why it won't be Lass,Gago or Diarra.. all three are for one position that's why one of them is leaving ..

the 3 names all has the ability for 2 things.. long range passing and long shots.. think the same way you will come out with a potential signing .

Valdano came out and said once again we need 2 players for each position .. in some position we have 4 players for it.. other positions we have one player..
also repeated what Manu said about Snejider that he is a very important player for the TEAM

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
veloso is the shit. we were merking sporting at the camp nou until he came on, where he proceeded to turn the game in their favour. and he was their only good player against us when we beat them 2-5 in lisbon.

he's a proper volante and tbh I rate him higher than moutinho who is something of a shrinking violet, which is why he'll never live up to the 'new deco' tag he was given. whatever you thought of his antics deco never shirked the big occasion.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Look , i think you noticed that they want this CM/DM with an ability to score.. that's why the 3 names mentioned were Xabi,De Rossi & D'Agostino ..
Manu wants another goal scoring option from the DM/CM position that's why it won't be Lass,Gago or Diarra.. all three are for one position that's why one of them is leaving ..

the 3 names all has the ability for 2 things.. long range passing and long shots.. think the same way you will come out with a potential signing .

Valdano came out and said once again we need 2 players for each position .. in some position we have 4 players for it.. other positions we have one player..
also repeated what Manu said about Snejider that he is a very important player for the TEAM

Well that means Gago is out. It is a good line of thinking, goals should come from everywhere. The ability to shoot and score properly is key, it opens up chances even on the rebound. It was so frustrating seeing Gago attempt to shoot, he was so shit in that department.

What I am saying is that, even though it is a good line of thinking, I just don't see it as a priority. Kaka scores, Ronaldo scores, Sniejder scores, Robben scores, I have a feeling and Lass with less defensive duties can score. Especially at the prices clubs are quoting considering their last year's prices and their desire to leave.

At the end of the day, it is not the players we are targeting I am confused about, it is the formation we are going to use. Four Four Two seems the most likely though, which even reduces the need for a scoring DM as much as a solid one (which we have).

We did win the CL twice in three years with scoring midfielders, and we should model that again.

Man U need a scoring CM/DM because they lost Ronaldo, Scholes is old, Giggs is way past it, Anderson isn't consistent enough, they practically have no out and out striker, Michael Carrick is busy being delicate although he posses one hell of a shot.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
No he scored one, in one of the most depressing match, only for it not to mount to anything big :lol:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members

Beast he was a waste he has played for 6 months and now he's being shipped out again. That, too me, is a waste of a potential world class striker. How much did he cost ?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Man U need a scoring CM/DM because they lost Ronaldo, Scholes is old, Giggs is way past it, Anderson isn't consistent enough, they practically have no out and out striker, Michael Carrick is busy being delicate although he posses one hell of a shot.

glad I'm not the only person to notice this.

he should be one of the top midfielders in the world but he doesn't get forward and dominate game enough. his passing is exemplary, and he can shoot when he needs to, he just seems a bit timid.

massive shame, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans