Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
beast, NEWCASTLE beat them 3-0. NEWCASTLE.

anything less than five goals scored would be a letdown.

it will be a similar try out like the last 2 friendly kick about for the team.. i don't see Manu giving it all in the first pre-season game.. he is still tinkering ..4-3-3 or 4-4-2.. i don't see him playing seriously .. it will be a warm up for the peace cup games and don't forget he still without Kaka-Iker-Albiol and Ramos didn't train till now ..
it will be a chance for the cast away to prove their value .. NC is more stable than Real atm
Rovers will play for fame.. Real will take things easy and have different agenda

S

Srfc1901

beast, NEWCASTLE beat them 3-0. NEWCASTLE.

anything less than five goals scored would be a letdown.

am gonna let u in a wee secret here mate

We played the day before we played Newcastle it was our reserves we put out:beer2:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
For some reason I don't feel too comfortable with the 4 3 3. Maybe because I don't see Capello on the sideline, someone who knows how to reshape a formation by any minute, be it 30, 44, 46, or 89...I shall trust Pellegrini more though, I should have more faith in the man. This season is all about Europe for us, Barcelona could win the league for all I care (but we should put in a very, very good run at least) and I have a feeling we could be found out playing a formation Barcelona found a lot of difficulty with even though the are experts with it.

Then again, we won't play the same 4 3 3 Barcelona play. We will definitely be more direct, faster and perhaps, play on the counter attack more so than Barcelona. While Xavi plays the ball left and right and maintains possession I could see Kaka just running at defenders and Ronaldo running into space inside the box for a header or some shit. This approach will invite teams like Chelsea to open up a bit, it is more inviting as there will be no need for that patient defending they did against Barcelona. No one will be passing the ball in front of the wall, we will shoot from outside, and just bombarding them with a lot of crosses and dribbles. In front, we will definitely be more shoulder to shoulder than Barcelona.

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Then again, we won't play the same 4 3 3 Barcelona play. We will definitely be more direct, faster and perhaps, play on the counter attack more so than Barcelona. While Xavi plays the ball left and right and maintains possession I could see Kaka just running at defenders and Ronaldo running into space inside the box for a header or some shit. This approach will invite teams like Chelsea to open up a bit, it is more inviting as there will be no need for that patient defending they did against Barcelona. No one will be passing the ball in front of the wall, we will shoot from outside, and just bombarding them with a lot of crosses and dribbles. In front, we will definitely be more shoulder to shoulder than Barcelona.
Definitely. While I expect us to play more dominant than under Capello, Schuster or Ramos, we won't and aren't able to play a 4 3 3 Barca's way. Some strong hints of our quick transition game should and will definitely remain, and with Cron, Kaka and Benzema we are even more suited for it than before. This could prove to be very valuable in Europe. I have a lot of confidence in Pellegrini.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Am I missing something? Like respect (not the right word but you get what I mean) for Newcastle?

"Hey parttime football players, you're going to play Newcastle. The legendary Premier League team!"
-"Blergh, put the reserves on!"

Seriously, can you believe it?

Oh, Messi returns a week earlier for pre-season according to sport... he really needs to go and play with Ramos.

Nándor

don't know about the formation...to early to tell IMO. kaká is still missing, so is according to pellegrini 3 more players, thus he's missing any practical knowledge of whatever formation. plus, so far, raul has to be included in any of those formations for about 5-10 games. we shouldn't interpret valdanos words as raul being dropped from the very first game on...IMO, higuain will be dropped in the beginning until it's obvious for everyone to see that raul can't keep up with the galacticos 2.0. but again, to early to tell, cause this also depends on the formation

with regards to granero. as much as i love castilla boys getting a chance in the first team, signing him instead of xabi alonso would be a mistake IMO, because the original goal was to get someone other than gago (cause he sucks lately and is too incosistant) to play next to lass. xabi alonso would be that player and would certainly be the starter next to lass, ahead of gago. can you see granero start ahead of gago???!!! certainly not, granero will be a backup for gago until further notice => gago remains starter => no improvement made => original goal not achieved, mission failed.
the right thing to do IMO would be to sign both granero & xabi alonso, while getting rid of gago => signifficant improvement, granero as backup for xabi alonso and backup winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans