Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nándor

what feeling do you mean exactly sunny??? that the saga isn't over yet or that he'll join real in the end??? or both :D

S

Snyde

Regarding the Ribery issue...It isn't very hard to see why almost all other big European clubs hate Madrid.

Beast

The Observer
Regarding the Ribery issue...It isn't very hard to see why almost all other big European clubs hate Madrid.

Wonderful conclusion .. as proven by Barcelona it's a matter of pure hypocrisy if you are talking about the money.
when a club is capable of doing it they do without hesitation ..
Man U did it zillion times before other rich boys came to town.. Chelsea did afterwards and now City ..
when Valencia had the money they used to spend it left & right on deadwood
very very few clubs can claim the moral high ground providing they are really capable of doing it not in debt (Milan for example are in deep shit , so they can't spend).

regarding pursuing players.. just remember Abidal , Hargreaves,Rooney,Ferdinand .. i'm just giving examples

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Not bad, he's nothing special but as you say he is solid.

you need those solid players to have a competitive team the likes of Arbeloa are tactically committed which evens out those who go forward and have a hard time to track back.. i think it's one of the best deals we had this summer .

Real gave liverpool a 48 hours ultimatum to answer the latest offer of 30 Million euro for xabi

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
We got Gio and Sylvinho on the cheap and they ended up being two of the most reliable players in Frank's squad, of course Sylvinho went on to be important last season as well. Nothing wrong with a shrewd full back purchase like that, and he can't be any worse than Heinze.

S

Snyde

Wonderful conclusion .. as proven by Barcelona it's a matter of pure hypocrisy if you are talking about the money.
when a club is capable of doing it they do without hesitation ..
Man U did it zillion times before other rich boys came to town.. Chelsea did afterwards and now City ..
when Valencia had the money they used to spend it left & right on deadwood
very very few clubs can claim the moral high ground providing they are really capable of doing it not in debt (Milan for example are in deep shit , so they can't spend).

regarding pursuing players.. just remember Abidal , Hargreaves, Rooney, Ferdinand .. i'm just giving examples

Wasn't talking about the money at all...And I don't claim any moral high ground but you must admit no one quite does it in the manner and with the consistency Madrid does.

Lyon is hardly on par with Pool, Bayern etc. and Rooney, Ferdinand were brought locally. You can find better examples. :/

I'm not trying to get a rise out of you or anything but how many of Europe's top clubs do Madrid have a good relationship with?

Not that it makes much difference. In the end what your team achieves is most important and that it continues to achieve. If madrid's policy doesn't hinder them in buying players in the future then no probs but I doubt it is the case.

Beast

The Observer
Wasn't talking about the money at all...And I don't claim any moral high ground but you must admit no one quite does it in the manner and with the consistency Madrid does.

Lyon is hardly on par with Pool, Bayern etc. and Rooney, Ferdinand were brought locally. You can find better examples. :/

I'm not trying to get a rise out of you or anything but how many of Europe's top clubs do Madrid have a good relationship with?

Not that it makes much difference. In the end what your team achieves is most important and that it continues to achieve. If madrid's policy doesn't hinder them in buying players in the future then no probs but I doubt it is the case.

that's true we've done it with consistency in recent times under Perez and maybe to a certain extent Calderon (talking about buying ) but apart from that it goes back to the mid 50's under Bernabeu and the generation of Di Stefano .. however you'll find clubs who have done it at other times like Barcelona 80's - 90's and late 90's ..
United broke so many records Rio was an example but you also have the likes of Veron ,Stam ..etc
Lyon has used their financial muscle over local sides to have a good advantage in recent years in terms of buying the best local talents available .

regarding relationship .. if you talk about clubs than it's 95% or more .. however during Calderon times he had a fall out with many of them, those same clubs suddenly wiped the slate clean when Perez took over.
I think you read what Galliani said about Perez after what he said during Calderon era. SAF didn't open his mouth with a bad word since Perez took over and even when he started his public war there was some British pundits who reminded him of the great relation between the two clubs and how Real Madrid helped Manchester United in their hour of need after Munich disaster , Valencia who slammed Mijatovic & Calderon didn't have a single bad word about Real despite our constant link with Villa than Silva and we secured Albiol.
the only part complaining are B Munich (and normally the Uber contradictorily Laporta) in Europe, and that's it.

Perez has an excellent relation with everyone , so there is a difference between bad relation with clubs and bad relation with the man in charge the second one applies during Calderon regime but not Perez

Nándor

great business there.. Arbeloa to Real for 4 Million Euro... solid signing

good buisness indeed...but i would have prefered a true LB like canella. i don't like that fake shit. but who knows, arebloa could well be meant to join as CB in order to get rid of garay. i'll wait, till then, good buisness but no real improvement in the sporting section

Real gave liverpool a 48 hours ultimatum to answer the latest offer of 30 Million euro for xabi

erm...you mean the other way round!!!???!!! benitez gave xabi alonso 48h to sort his future out. l'pool reduced their demands to 30m €, now pérez & co have 48h to pay that demand or r.i.p.

IMO xabi alonso is worth that 30m €!!! i woudn't think twice and after the latest games of gago, i would even be willed to pay 40m €!!!

Beast

The Observer
Arbeloa is way better than Canella ..sometimes your fixation of some names is quite worrying :D

you need full backs who are solid defensively and could do a good job vs wingers .. while Arbeloa could do a good job with Messi for example.. Messi would eat Canella alive as an appetizer before breakfast

yes you are right about Liverpool giving Xabi 48 hours my mistake Nando

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans