Real Madrid

Horatio

You're welcome
1) The foul is called at the point where the contact starts. It doesn't matter how long Endrich walked

2) Even when he falls, he falls inside, but his feet is outside the box

3) The ball went out of bounds from Endrick's feet right at the corner flag, before he started his run

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING CALL
WAKE UP PEOPLE

PEREZ MAFIA is growling for everyone to see, and they are ready to jump

Windhook looked up regulations and apparently is stated if holding on continues until inside area penalty is rewarded

Windhook

It's a very tricky situation. On broadcast TV angle the foul ends outside, on sidecam replay it looks inside or on the line, which happens to be ref's POV.

Horatio

You're welcome
It's a very tricky situation. On broadcast TV angle the foul ends outside, on sidecam replay it looks inside or on the line, which happens to be ref's POV.

The one where it seemed clear to me it was inside was the one from behind the goal. I have to see if I can find those images again.

Birdy

Windhook looked up regulations and apparently is stated if holding on continues until inside area penalty is rewarded

How can that be?
The only reason play continues is because ref gives the advantage.
Once the play ends, the ref has to pull it back where it started

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's been like that for a while.
If you keep holding onto the player and still do so when he's inside the box then it's a penalty. It's better to let go or just bring him down completely before that.

The issue however is that it seemed like the ball was out of play.

Haraldinho

The first goal yesterday was offside as well. But they did not check it. After the shoot two players were offside. But after one zero they have to help Vardrid.

Joan

How can that be?
The only reason play continues is because ref gives the advantage.
Once the play ends, the ref has to pull it back where it started
I gave you an exact quote from the Laws of the game. Guess that’s the same quote Windhook pulled.

Can argue the ref should’ve given the foul before but can’t blame him for giving Endrick an advantage. That’s his judgement. The idiot from Espanyol kept holding onto him well into the box and Endrick milked a pen. But a clear situation by the rules.

Home of Barca Fans