Romelu Lukaku

K

kingleo

LOL i hope people are not serious about thinking Mou loaned out Lukaku because of what happened against Bayern!

Cule4life

The Culest
UEFA supercup isnt that big a trophy. Geez some of you ppl are saying as if he missed a pk in CL final. Lukaku will be fine

Mourinho is a petty man but i dont think he's such a big idiot that he sent off lukaku on loan due to his miss. Maybe he didnt want to loan Ba to Arsenal and instead loaned Lukaku as he didnt think he would play him that much

Galning

Tbh even if that is the reason, it's still good he went out on loan. Would have had trouble getting his confidence back playing for us after that penalty miss.

He doesn't seem short on confidence.

You can say that again. He tweeted some weird things towards the Anderlecht youngsters during the PSG game. Something along the lines of "Look little kids what happens if you stay in Belgium for too long, you stop progressing. Should've moved to a European mid-table club in a big competition sooner." Which makes zero sense because Tielemans is like 16 and Praet 19. He deleted it only 5 minutes later but of course the Belgian media already saw it.
Saw him tweet about him being too slow on FIFA as well :lol:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He's a confident guy but you miss a penalty then either don't get picked or play the last 5-10 minutes of every 2nd game, you're confidence will eventually be shot. He wouldn't have gotten the required playing time to get better either. I'm happy with him being at Everton.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
But on the other hand Anton you got to think that Lukaku may well feel a bit peeved at the way Chelsea have handled him and may want to leave permanently. IMO he is better than both Ba and Torres and for me would start the majority of your games. Especially in the premier league.

Which is why I'd have kept him in the squad and not loaned him out again. Get him training on a regular basis with your players, integrate him with the squad.

If you get an offer in the summer Lukaku may well force you guys to sell him if he feels short changed and tbh why wouldn't he be when he sees who Chelsea have in attack - well as the No.9 - are inferior to him.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Chelsea made the investment in Torres and Ba, they will squeeze it out of them and they have the experience. Lukaku is loaned out in order to find his feet at a club that does moderately well but there is no shame in losing. One of Ba or Torres will end up out by the end of the season when Lukaku comes back.

Sending him out is smart, and he is doing well because he is in Everton.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why? Basically Lukaku is right. In Belgian competition there isn't much progress to make, compared to top nations. He himself the best exemple.
how about Kevin De Bruyne? He was doing well until he decided to sign for Chelsea... Isn't he stagnated now? I would advice Lukaku to mind his business and especially stop being a loud mouth... there are numerous examples who spoiled their career being so!!

Jenks

Well yeah, it can go the other way, but I suppose what he is saying that in the lesser leagues your development has a ceiling. To progress after that you need to move to play at a higher level.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Pretty much. He may not have worded it perfectly but I don't think he means to be an ass about it.

romelu

how about Kevin De Bruyne? He was doing well until he decided to sign for Chelsea... Isn't he stagnated now? I would advice Lukaku to mind his business and especially stop being a loud mouth... there are numerous examples who spoiled their career being so!!

De Bruyne, Kompany, Vermaelen, Witsel, Defour, Lukaku, Courtois, Mirallas, Dembele, Verthongen, Alderweireld, Bakkali, Mertens all moved abroad at young age. Virtually the whole present generation of the NT. Exception was Van Buyten. Do your homework. And De Bruyne stagneting? Seems to me Mourinho has a share in that. At Werder Bremen he was one of the best players of the German league.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

De Bruyne, Kompany, Vermaelen, Witsel, Defour, Lukaku, Courtois, Mirallas, Dembele, Verthongen, Alderweireld, Bakkali, Mertens all moved abroad at young age. Virtually the whole present generation of the NT. Exception was Van Buyten. Do your homework. And De Bruyne stagneting? Seems to me Mourinho has a share in that. At Werder Bremen he was one of the best players of the German league.

Agreed, he barely got a chance at Chelsea, i hope he moves to the Bundesliga again in january.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
My point isn't that the youngster should stay put in his home... it is that Lukaku isn't the one who should be running his mouth about that! And de Bruyne stayed home till he was 20, did very well, and he is now more or less stagnated under Mou! So one gotta realise that green is not always greener on the other side too!!

Yannick03

My point isn't that the youngster should stay put in his home... it is that Lukaku isn't the one who should be running his mouth about that! And de Bruyne stayed home till he was 20, did very well, and he is now more or less stagnated under Mou! So one gotta realise that green is not always greener on the other side too!!

Romelu is a good guy, he didn't want to be an ass about it. He got a lot of stick from the Belgian media and a lot of Belgians that crucified him when he was playing at the reserves at Chelsea. Effectively calling him a dick and a money-chaser choosing for Chelsea at that age. I can imagine it wasn't easy for him so I can sort of understand his statements...

Home of Barca Fans