Ronald Koeman

Messigician

Not all. When sacked we were 8 points off and now double that. Also 3 consecutive home defeats first time in 100 years or something. There is more I'm sure.

Xavi sucks balls and gets hailed while Koeman gets spit on and was more efficient with less resources and without support of his boss.

Yeah Koeman would have loved the winter signings

fergus90

If the season started when Xavi took over we'd be 7 points behind so not sure boasting about 'double' is really some kind of achievement :lol: Yes, we may have lost 3 home games in a row but it wasn't like Barca didn't break unwanted records under Koeman either.

Although such is the state of Barcelona, it's now a contest on who may have been less shit.

Temptation

If the season started when Xavi took over we'd be 7 points behind so not sure boasting about 'double' is really some kind of achievement :lol: Yes, we may have lost 3 home games in a row but it wasn't like Barca didn't break unwanted records under Koeman either.

Although such is the state of Barcelona, it's now a contest on who may have been less shit.

Think it's about the difference in general treatment by club, Media and fans.

Xaviball and shit everywhere while Koeman was being dissed. Better win percentage.

fergus90

Think it's about the difference in general treatment by club, Media and fans.

Xaviball and shit everywhere while Koeman was being dissed. Better win percentage.

Treatment by the fans is the same for everyone really and solely depends on if you're winning or losing. Case in point people is turning on Xavi already here and Koeman had fanfare when the club was doing well in early 2021 before being disrepected when it wasn't.

Not that I had anything against Koeman nor do I think that Xavi is a clear bet.

vegitot

Not saying Koeman is better than Xavi (i think Xavi is better coach) but would Xavi do better if he took over from beginning??? I don't think so.

He would still have no resource. No Pedri, no Dembele to rely on. No Ferran, no Traore either.

Bobo32

If I get this correct, Koeman was in charge for 10 league games, and lost 15 points in these games.
Then Sergi drew twice, losing 4 points
And Xavi has been in charge for 24 league games, losing 17 points

Maximum number of points is 114, I think Barcelona should be capable of getting in the 90-95 range with the current squad.
With Xavis points per game so far, it is already on 87p. I hope he'll improve one or two things to next season.

Koemans trend was towards getting 57p. This would mean a risk of ending up at 8th place, missing out on Europe completely.

Home of Barca Fans