Ronald Koeman

JamDav1982

Granada were sitting it two banks of five at times and just leathering ball long.

Barca were creating nothing through the middle as next to no room. The space was out wide and they changed to target that space with crosses and it worked in improving the chances created.

Have to be adaptable and best Barca sides always have been.

No issue at all with spamming crosses in second half as needed to judging by game until that point.

Barcilliant

What is Laporta waiting for?
It's clear Koeman isn't interested and wants a pay out. Just negotiate an exit and get a world class manager on board. Heynkes, Conte. Someone who is proven and can steady the ship.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Koeman: "Is my position in danger? I won't talk about my future anymore."

Koeman: "With what's available, we've done our best. And with a little luck, we would have won."

Koeman: "The base system is 4-3-3 and it has been like that during the first half; then we changed with Luuk de Jong, looking for another way to score. We did everything to try to win the match."

Koeman: "Watching the squad list... What are we going to do? Play tiki-taka? We have done what had to be done."

Koeman: "We played with the 4-3-3 formation in the beginning, but we don't have speed on the wings. With Ansu and Demb?l? we would have it... If you don't understand me, excuse me, the fault is mine."

ajnotkeith

Spamming crosses is fine. We look bad doing it because none of our players are suited to it. If any of you watched City-Arsenal a couple weeks ago, brilliant example. Arsenal parked the bus and City just worked it out wide and into the box and hammered them.

fergus90

What is Laporta waiting for?
It's clear Koeman isn't interested and wants a pay out. Just negotiate an exit and get a world class manager on board. Heynkes, Conte. Someone who is proven and can steady the ship.

Jupp Heynckes was a top quality manager but he's not far off 80 years old. German coaches are a level above though in the current tactical climate.

Xaviniesta

yea i'm willing to wait and see how we look when fati and co come back. eitherway, the other managerial options aren't very inspiring

Horatio

You're welcome

Koeman: "With what's available, we've done our best. And with a little luck, we would have won."

Koeman: "The base system is 4-3-3 and it has been like that during the first half; then we changed with Luuk de Jong, looking for another way to score. We did everything to try to win the match."

Koeman: "Watching the squad list... What are we going to do? Play tiki-taka? We have done what had to be done."

Koeman: "We played with the 4-3-3 formation in the beginning, but we don't have speed on the wings. With Ansu and Demb?l? we would have it... If you don't understand me, excuse me, the fault is mine."

Man speaks truth.

vegitot

At least he is honest.

Messi983

RM have won multiple CL titles in big part thanks to their crossing abilities. There is nothing wrong doing that if you can't break down opponents otherwise. And with this team we clealy lack ideas how to score so can't really blame Koeman. A goal is a goal. Nice goals don't count more than ugly ones.

JamDav1982

Football is a lot more simple than Barca try to make it at times.

Pace in wide areas, a target in the box at CF and full backs who if left open can put the ball in the box.

Underpinned by a team that all work hard for one another and dont have to cover for others.

Amazing how many basic ideas Barca have neglected in recent years with this idea of what Barca DNA is.

Tonight and the rain of crosses was a bit of a welcome return to normality with that as an option and I for one found it better to watch than the passing going nowhere before it was changed.

Home of Barca Fans