Ross Barkley

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'd sooner take the word of the lad himself than some random poster on an internet forum who claims to be in-the-know.

I'm not in the know but it is well known inside the circles of Liverpool that Barkley did not get on well with Moyes.

Jenks

Colour me sceptical. I follow the Barkley threads on Everton forums and the general consensus there seems to be that he had a good relationship with Moyes, even if he didn't believe in him the way Martinez does, and they don't pass up an opportunity to have a dig at Moyes these days...

Alg1878

Colour me sceptical. I follow the Barkley threads on Everton forums and the general consensus there seems to be that he had a good relationship with Moyes, even if he didn't believe in him the way Martinez does, and they don't pass up an opportunity to have a dig at Moyes these days...

See my post earlier in the thread about Moyes and Barkley, Moyes did not trust Barkley hence he wouldn't play him, when he sent him out on loan he even told Neil Warnock not to "not give him any responsibility" (direct quote from Warnock himself), that's not exactly a vote of confidence. If Moyes was still in charge of Everton then Barkley would be in the Championship on loan or in the reserves. He tweeted today after the game "Love proving people who doubt you wrong " and I would say that's 100% directed at Moyes.

As for the dig's at Moyes, he got a standing ovation from 40,000+ Evertonians after his last game and we all wished him well. Then he comes in with a pathetic offer of £28mill for Fellaini and Baines, purely trying to unsettle them and tells the world we should accept the bid for the good of the players careers. He accused Man City of a lack of class and respect when they chased Lescott and then he goes and acts in exactly the same manner proving himself to be a hypocrite. This is why the Everton fans have lost all respect for him.

Jenks

Nobody is disputing the fact that Moyes didn't trust him as much as Martinez, but that's no reason to assume that there's a bad relationship between the two, especially when Ross has gone out of his way to praise Moyes and everything he did for him.

Alg1878

Nobody is disputing the fact that Moyes didn't trust him as much as Martinez, but that's no reason to assume that there's a bad relationship between the two, especially when Ross has gone out of his way to praise Moyes and everything he did for him.

That's a big part of why he wont play under Moyes again, yes he may have appreciated Moyes sticking by him after his double leg break but he also feels Moyes never gave him a proper chance and held him back. According to a couple of respected Everton ITK's, Barkley isn't the only youngster who is not a fan of Moyes, there is a few of them.

Jenks

Maybe you're right, but as I've said, it'll take more than internet gossip to make me believe it's true. Anyway, cheeky bonus gif:

lkGDC9.gif

J

Jayuk

As an Englishmen really excited by guy and Ravel Morrison, think Barkley's got United wrote all over him and Morrison Arsenal.

H

Haruko The Goon

That's a big part of why he wont play under Moyes again, yes he may have appreciated Moyes sticking by him after his double leg break but he also feels Moyes never gave him a proper chance and held him back. According to a couple of respected Everton ITK's, Barkley isn't the only youngster who is not a fan of Moyes, there is a few of them.

Rooney fell out with Moyes.

Now Moyes manages him, and they praise each other.

H

Haruko The Goon

As an Englishmen really excited by guy and Ravel Morrison, think Barkley's got United wrote all over him and Morrison Arsenal.

Pray it's the other way round.

Top youngsters coming through out of England.

Oxlade, Zaha, Wilshere, Barkley, Morrison, Jones, Townsend, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Ince, Lingard, Berahino.

None are world beaters at the moment, but some player with very high ceilings indeed. Can reach the top level if nurtured well enough. Especially Oxlade and Zaha.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Out of that lot only Barkley, Shaw and Ward-Prowse can be classified as players with world class potential. Wilshere is too old to be put in that group. Jones too.

J

Jayuk

Pray it's the other way round.

Top youngsters coming through out of England.

Oxlade, Zaha, Wilshere, Barkley, Morrison, Jones, Townsend, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Ince, Lingard, Berahino.

None are world beaters at the moment, but some player with very high ceilings indeed. Can reach the top level if nurtured well enough. Especially Oxlade and Zaha.

Not sure about Lingard and Berahino...You missed out Sterling/Hughes and Powell though who i rate, Januzaj could also represent England, not sure how i feel about that. But if the worlds top nation (Spain) can pouch players who have represented another country (Costa), why can't England? Januazj representing England isn't as bad as the Costa situation, it's a similar case to Thiago, in how he could have represented 3 country's - Brazil due to his parents (father played for Brazil), Italy (country of birth), Spain (5 year residence rule).

If Januzaj applies for British citizenship in 2 years, he's as British as anyone who was born in Britain, but yeah think those have an high ceiling of potential too.

I've heard good things about Dan Crowley too, I've never watched him, but you always hear of comparisons to Wilshere with him.

J

Jayuk

Out of that lot only Barkley, Shaw and Ward-Prowse can be classified as players with world class potential. Wilshere is too old to be put in that group. Jones too.

How is 21 old?

Any footballer 23 and under is a youngster.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
21 means they've been around for 2-3 years. Emerging talent are 17-19 year olds like Ward-Prowse and Sterling and Barkley.

We've known about Wilshere and Jones and their potential for at least 3-4 years.

J

Jayuk

21 means they've been around for 2-3 years. Emerging talent are 17-19 year olds like Ward-Prowse and Sterling and Barkley.

We've known about Wilshere and Jones and their potential for at least 3-4 years.

Wilshere missed 16 months of football, just because you've heard his name for years makes no difference, years he's lost in football he is 19/20, same with Ramsey, he's year behind.

Daniel Sturridge this season at 24 averaging a goal per game until he got injured - Aged 18-22 who could have predicted that with Sturridge? Not many. Liverpool was his 4th club in 3 years (including his loan). Jordan Henderson (23) just starting deliver and playing regularly, Gareth Bale aged 21 had a reputation whenever he played Spurs would lose, now aged 24 he's the most expensive footballer in the world.

All players develop at different times.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans