Sergi Roberto

God Serena

Stoke City and Bayer Leverkusen have again made enquiries about a transfer of Sergi Roberto (23), but player won't leave now. [weloba]

Stoke City forever on the hunt for Barca players who don't fit in. Why are Leverkusen interested? Did Sergi do something naughty to them that I don't remember? Probably...

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Stoke and Leverkusen? Sergi Roberto destroyed Madrid in El Clasico five days ago and he is one of Barca's best players this season in general. Why the hell would he go anywhere, never mind those clubs (no disrespect)?

xXKonan

Stoke have been after Roberto for the last couple of seasons now. I noticed some Stoke fans on their forum are hoping With Arda coming in Roberto won't get any more Mins so that would push him to leave. :lol:

God Serena

Stoke have been after Roberto for the last couple of seasons now. I noticed some Stoke fans on their forum are hoping With Arda coming in Roberto won't get any more Mins so that would push him to leave. :lol:

The problem with that is Roberto has shown himself to be valuable at all of DM, CM, RW, and RB. The ultimate utility player. Provides depth to the team in ways we could have never anticipated.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Even if that was for real... Why would he go to Stoke!? I'm sure, plenty of better clubs would kill for him now!

xXKonan

Well their's this logic by some stoke fans that just because Muniesa and Bojan are there that means he will consider stoke first choice!

Leverkusen's case I read Lars Bender fell out of Favor over there? I believe and could be sold next season. (Going by Posts from the Bayer Leverkusen German fan forum) so they probably see Roberto as a potential Replacement.

Either way He won't leave and it's good to see the club upgrade his contract. the way he has been playing it Certainly raised his Profile heck even this Spanish Real Madrid forum has their own player topic on Roberto. :lol:

xXKonan

Bartomeu wants no repeat of Thiago with Sergi Roberto

Sergi Roberto's explosion on the scene has pleased Barcelona, but the Catalans are concerned by just how easily he could leave the club. He currently has a 30m-euro release clause, but that could rise to 40m if the club gets its way. In any case, that is still an affordable amount in footballing terms.
Josep Maria Bartomeu does not want a repeat of what happened with Thiago Alcántara, who paid his own release clause and joined Bayern Munich for 25 million euros.
The Catalan club intends to increase Sergi Roberto's salary - from the 1.5 to 2 million euros he currently earns per season - and his release clause. It is also considering extending his current deal, which runs out in June 2019, although that is not a priority in these negotiations.

Read more: Bartomeu wants no repeat of Thiago with Sergi Roberto - MARCA.com (English version)

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/11/27/en/football/barcelona/1448629824.html

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not a very big increase in salary or buyout.

If I was Bartomeu then I'd wait it out a bit. If he keep performing like this most of the season or if his performance doesn't drop substantially, then he deserves a bit better terms. I know we have to keep our wage budget in control, but that should happen by getting rid of the deadweight and other stupid costs instead of undervaluing some of our players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans