Sergi Roberto

Jombi

Is really no one noticing the contradictions and hypocrisy in all of this.
If everyone is upset because roberto might leave after the signing of paulinho, Why are you at the same time asking to sign jean seri?
He's a midfielder just as paulinho, In fact he shares more characteristics with roberto than paulinho, He more likely to suck even more playing time from sergi.
Logic dictates that if roberto is truly upset about paulinho, Then he'll still be just as upset with seri, If not more.

So if all of your responses truly stem from your pure desire and care for roberto's future with us, And it's not about you not getting the midfielder you actually wanted and getting the one you didn't want, I'm sure you all will would've been against the signing of BOTH paulinho and jean seri.....right?, I'm simply asking for consistency.

Not really. Roberto can still play with Seri in midfield. Or Verratti for that matter. But the main point is to lose Roberto over a garbage signing like Paulinho is the icing on the cake, as if the signing of Paulinho wasnt bad enough in itself. We already lost Thiago because of playing Cesc all the time when he clearly didnt fit us. Its just failure after failure after failure from our management.

clemente

If everyone is upset because roberto might leave after the signing of paulinho, Why are you at the same time asking to sign jean seri?
He's a midfielder just as paulinho, In fact he shares more characteristics with roberto than paulinho, He more likely to suck even more playing time from sergi.
Logic dictates that if roberto is truly upset about paulinho, Then he'll still be just as upset with seri, If not more.

So if all of your responses truly stem from your pure desire and care for roberto's future with us, And it's not about you not getting the midfielder you actually wanted and getting the one you didn't want, I'm sure you all will would've been against the signing of BOTH paulinho and jean seri.....right?, I'm simply asking for consistency.

Because its better to lose him to an actual signing that is better than Roberto rather than to some garbage can that wont give us anything and is worse than Roberto. This will be Gomes and Arda all over again, getting minutes when there are other players who deserve it much more.

Garrus

Not really. Roberto can still play with Seri in midfield. Or Verratti for that matter. But the main point is to lose Roberto over a garbage signing like Paulinho is the icing on the cake, as if the signing of Paulinho wasnt bad enough in itself. We already lost Thiago because of playing Cesc all the time when he clearly didnt fit us. Its just failure after failure after failure from our management.
If roberto can still play with seri, Then why he can't do it with paulinho?, I'm honestly eager for a logical explanation...
Wait a second, If paulinho is truly garbage, Then that's fantastic!, Isn't?, It means he's much less of a real competition for roberto..
If roberto is contemplating leaving because of a garbage player like paulinho, How would he have reacted when he saw a great midfielder like seri being signed, Who can give him a run for his money....

The logic gaps in your post mate, I don't even know what to say...

Garrus

Because its better to lose him to an actual signing that is better than Roberto rather than to some garbage can that wont give us anything and is worse than Roberto. This will be Gomes and Arda all over again, getting minutes when there are other players who deserve it much more.
Kudos to you, For at least being honest about this whole thing, Because for you it's not really about roberto's future, As it is about getting paulinho instead of seri.
Putting aside what i said to "jombi" above, If paulinho is a garbage player, Why roberto is even contemplating leaving?, Who would be afraid of a competition from garbage.

But again, At least you truly answered my question.

clemente

Kudos to you, For at least being honest about this whole thing, Because for you it's not really about roberto's future, As it is about getting paulinho instead of seri.
Putting aside what i said to "jombi" above, If paulinho is a garbage player, Why roberto is even contemplating leaving?, Who would be afraid of a competition from garbage.

But again, At least you truly answered my question.

As I said this is Gomes all over again, Rakitic, Roberto, Rafinha, even Alena are better than him but guess who played the most minutes? Roberto will be better than Paulinho but don't be surprised when Valverde chooses to start Paulinho instead of him every game.

Alik

In an ideal scenario, we wanted a quality CM reinforcement and us getting rid of deadweight (Arda, Rafinha, Gomes...). If Roberto left as a result of Veratti coming in, it would suck, as there are many players who should leave before him, but at least it would still result in an improved squad.

As it stands, Paulinho doesn't improve the squad, was overpriced, and we lose a good player. Lose-Lose situation. Apart from this Paulinho also complicates the lives of other players due to his non-EU status. Lose-Lose-Lose.

Jombi

If roberto can still play with seri, Then why he can't do it with paulinho?, I'm honestly eager for a logical explanation...
Wait a second, If paulinho is truly garbage, Then that's fantastic!, Isn't?, It means he's much less of a real competition for roberto..
If roberto is contemplating leaving because of a garbage player like paulinho, How would he have reacted when he saw a great midfielder like seri being signed, Who can give him a run for his money....

The logic gaps in your post mate, I don't even know what to say...

Cut the snark. Roberto and Seri are very different players. They would compliment each other well. Paulinho getting signed is a clear signal to Roberto. Splashing huge money on a garbage player, does that make Roberto feel valued? It doesnt matter that he is garbage. He will get a lot of chances to prove himself as he'll be one of the best paid players in the squad, he's a big signing. And Roberto has every reason to feel he is better than this crap.

But the absolute worst part which you just ignored of course is that we are splashing big money to weaken our team if Roberto leaves. We already did it with Ibra, losing Eto'o, with Cesc, losing Thiago. At least if we signed quality midfielders, the loss would be more acceptable. But we know how the story goes. Paulinho signed, Roberto leaves, Paulinho loaned out in his last few years of the contract. We're stuck with nothing, no future planning at all. Just failure after failure moves by the management.

Last edited:

PhilS

Maybe we will see him again soon at RB! S Roberto had his problems defending that position last season, but no where near as bad as what Vidal showed last weekend.

Jombi

Meanwhile Fabinho is available who could offer support both in midfield, RB, hell even CB in a 3 man defense. But he's demanding a move to the team showing interest in him, PSG.

El Barcelona

Meanwhile Fabinho is available who could offer support both in midfield, RB, hell even CB in a 3 man defense. But he's demanding a move to the team showing interest in him, PSG.
I don't understand why we're not interested in him. Instead of buying Paulinho we have to buy this guy but yeah, personal business before the club.
#Bartomeudimeteya

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't fear him leaving this year. I'm 100% sure he will displace or play better than Paulinho in midfield. What I am worried is him leaving next year if he proves and still not getting chances because of big money signing Paulinho.

Home of Barca Fans