our starting lineup can be

------Busquests---Seri
-Dembele----Messi-----Sergi Roberto
--------------Suarez

and backups:

------Rakitic--Paulinho
-Deulofeu--???----Denis Suarez
-------------Paco

against betis sergi roberto practically ran as LW and we know how versatile he is + his work ethics he'd track back

Last edited:

Nothanks

I kind of agree that with the midfield rakitic and gomes busq is pretty much useless
my motto is if you want to be technical you can get away with 1 inept midfielder like rakitic but two? busquets is useless and his skill set is put to waste.. Paulinho gomes and rakitic can run headless and it'd be more effective atleast defensively lol

ebieymjunior

When will he turn into the controlling midfielder we need him to and I know he can be? :rolleyes:

He's more than able to do so, and having played RB (learning the defensive part) and DM (more the controlling part), he has the necessary tools to be a world beater, but instead of using his vision (which he has), he tends to run with the ball too much (emphasis on too much). He must let the ball do the running.

Needless to say I love this player and want him to succeed in every way!

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

He's not patient enough to be controlling mid. Literally. He either forces the issue or quickly passes a safe pass. He also doesn't have good enough close control to slowly, but surely make those little dribbles and turns, without being dispossessed, while looking for better options. He's at his best at pace.

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

He's not patient enough to be controlling mid. Literally. He either forces the issue or quickly passes a safe pass. He also doesn't have good enough close control to slowly, but surely make those little dribbles and turns, without being dispossessed, while looking for better options. He's at his best at pace.

I guess so, he's more a box-to-box midfielder. If only...

I just can't stop thinking of the possibility of having him (box-to-box) and Alena (controlling closed space) alongside Coutinho and Vitinho.
So much talent, so much possibility and variation, it's mouthwatering...

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

There is always that Slowberto street that opens up every time he plays as a RB. All of Alaves' attacks came through this street, how wasn't Valverde able to see that is a Mystery.
He isn't meant to play there, he doesn't have the abilities needed for that position. Why would you play one of the slowest, physically weakest midfielders as a RB?!

xXKonan

You can't play Roberto and Rakitic together and expect some magic. Rakitic is the textbook definition of a safe Midfield player who hates being pressed and would rather pass it backwards or to the nearest player. very rarely you will see him attempt a through ball/long pass during a match or any sort of creativity in general.

Roberto at RB is the same. He doesn't have the attacking attributes and confidence you expect from a Modern day Fullback to be dangerous. He doesn't have the blistering pace to use to his advantage either, he reminds me of those RB's whose main job is to sit back and occasionally make runs into the box forward while the CM/Wingers due all the creative work.

Roberto and Rakitic is a double negative at it's finest. you won't get anywhere with those two being paired up as CM/RB. Vidal wasn't good either as a RW as well today. There's simply no balance at all.

SG-7

Dunno why he isn't being played in midfield. Honestly he should replace rakitic at the very least. He made that killer pass for the second goal from midfield, which he would be hopefully able to make more of if he was playing more in that position.

Home of Barca Fans