Sergi Samper

JamDav1982

I disagree with almost everything. Not every player reacts the same way. Not every player can shine at low level even if they are good enough for La Liga, the type of football is totally different. The players around you as well.

Whether you disagree with this or not, the fact that Gumbau is getting minutes at the first team is an absolute joke.

Not even sure Gumbau is in all the better a position than Samper.

Samper is the player they are trying to build B team around and give him the chance to control things.

Gumbau is being thrown in for largely garbage minutes here and there and has himself said it is difficult going between the two teams.

Galning

Not even sure Gumbau is in all the better a position than Samper.

Samper is the player they are trying to build B team around and give him the chance to control things.

Gumbau is being thrown in for largely garbage minutes here and there and has himself said it is difficult going between the two teams.

Ask him to swap places with Samper though, we all know what his answer would be to that question. You're making it sound like Samper has the best position of the two. I also find it hard to imagine a 20 year old thinks competitive game time with the first team is "garbage minutes". I'd call it valuable experience but I guess it's nothing compared to playing a full game in Segunda B against Pobla Mafumet.

F

Flavia

There's only 3 fit midfielders, counting Masch. If he doesn't get a chance now, I don't think he'll get one this season.

Galning

Best bet is indeed the Copa game. I don't see him getting any minutes in La Liga to be honest.
That said I remember Bartomeu saying that youngsters shouldn't be given minutes in the Copa anymore so let's hope it's not him who decides.

xXKonan

Samper's agent has scheduled a meeting with Barcelona sports director Robert to talk about the club's plans with Samper. [md/as]

Arsenal manager Wenger is seriously considering to pay Samper's buy-out clause in January. A loan deal could be an option too. [md/as]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Samper's agent has scheduled a meeting with Barcelona sports director Robert to talk about the club's plans with Samper. [md/as]

Arsenal manager Wenger is seriously considering to pay Samper's buy-out clause in January. A loan deal could be an option too. [md/as]

Would be so stupid.

Especially since he's playing as a CM lately and doing very well at it too. Would send a very bad signal to everyone else too, that it doesn't matter how well you do or how talented you are, merit doesn't matter. Just luck and simple coaching preferences like in the cases of Gumbau and constant non-selection of Grimaldo.

And before someone comes up with the 'If Samper loves Barca then he should fight it out' or that 'If he'll leave just because of that then it's a good riddance'.

No player, no matter how much he loves the club or is dedicated, will stay if he gets the wrong signals from the club. Everyone has a career to make too.

Xavi had left Barca too before his mom dragged him back to stay.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Would be so stupid.

Especially since he's playing as a CM lately and doing very well at it too. Would send a very bad signal to everyone else too, that it doesn't matter how well you do or how talented you are, merit doesn't matter. Just luck and simple coaching preferences like in the cases of Gumbau and constant non-selection of Grimaldo.

And before someone comes up with the 'If Samper loves Barca then he should fight it out' or that 'If he'll leave just because of that then it's a good riddance'.

No player, no matter how much he loves the club or is dedicated, will stay if he gets the wrong signals from the club. Everyone has a career to make too.

Xavi had left Barca too before his mom dragged him back to stay.

Everyone has the right to go and look for a better career .the club has every right to do the best for the itself too
Samper last year was above every B team player not named Sandro or Munir . if he has dropped from that preference he need to fight to get it back not just to complain about it after 2 months.
I honestly won't look too much about it ,the Arsenal part is probably MD recycling the old news .it is probably a routine meeting ,Samper after all is the biggest prospect with B team right now and it is normal there will be discussions with his agent

F

Flavia

Everyone has the right to go and look for a better career .the club has every right to do the best for the itself too
Samper last year was above every B team player not named Sandro or Munir . if he has dropped from that preference he need to fight to get it back not just to complain about it after 2 months.
I honestly won't look too much about it ,the Arsenal part is probably MD recycling the old news .it is probably a routine meeting ,Samper after all is the biggest prospect with B team right now and it is normal there will be discussions with his agent

Not if he was dropped from preference by something like because he cried, or was deemed weak for that. I'm not even saying this was the reason, but it's a possibility.
Let's see if he's called and play in the cdr, but Enrique's stance on this is really weird.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

And what did Grimaldo have to fight back when he was overlooked even for the pre-season?

It's easy to say, but we don't even know what he has to do, to get a preference over Gumbau for a DM position in Lucho's team. Lucho is basically selecting a player who isn't a DM in Gumbau over a player who can play there and is much better at it too.

khaled_a_d

And what did Grimaldo have to fight back when he was overlooked even for the pre-season?

It's easy to say, but we don't even know what he has to do, to get a preference over Gumbau for a DM position in Lucho's team. Lucho is basically selecting a player who isn't a DM in Gumbau over a player who can play there and is much better at it too.

Grimaldo was never with 1st team in the 1st place ,he has more reason to be pissed .
Samper had it it and lost it .he need to earn his place back .
I won't go for Gumbau discussion,tbh I don't know why Lucho rate him either anyway

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Samper has been in la masia since he was like 5-6 years old. It'd be a travesty to lose him without ever giving him a chance.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Losing Samper to arsenal, while gumbau stays... This would be so stupid.

But a perfect example of what can only be seen as deliberate moves to erode the very foundation of the club - La Masia has taken a massive nosedive in the past 5 seasons...Our greatest assets are more out of the club than in, in ever alarming numbers

Hard to understand

Home of Barca Fans