Sergiño Dest

SmilerBam

He's flashy but inconsistent. The opposite to Semedo where you'd expect a pretty solid performance without much happening.

Much depends on how much he'll get better defensively.For me,he is already better than Semedo ever was,but than again,that's not very hard,isn't it?

Yannik

Did you just step out of Chemistry class, dawg?

:koeman:

TIL polyvalent means

1 : having a chemical valence greater usually than two.
2 : effective against, sensitive toward, or counteracting more than one toxin, microorganism, or antigen polyvalent vaccines.

In German it just means like versatile.. And they say our language is complicated.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
German is much more complicated than English for sure. I remember those days back in the college some 20 years ago of painstakingly trying to spell those words that are 15-20 letters long. And the grammar, oh boy.

Bran the Greenseer

I don't know if this was discussed before, but do any of you see Sergino as a Bale type player that transitions from wingback to forward? I remember when bale made that transition after some amazing performances in the CL. With the way we're playing rn and the new formation I could see him showing enough as to were they consider it.

Porque

I don't know if this was discussed before, but do any of you see Sergino as a Bale type player that transitions from wingback to forward? I remember when bale made that transition after some amazing performances in the CL. With the way we're playing rn and the new formation I could see him showing enough as to were they consider it.

Good post. If he got to the level of peak Bale I would be extremely happy.

He seems like Dani Alves to me where he was converted to a RM at Sevilla and was very good, but in the end better at arriving from the second line with the element of suprise that creates space.

We will see.

Bobo32

I don't see his quality as being close to Alves or Bales.

He won't ever be a threat as big as Bale sometimes was, and he won't ever dominate the whole flank as Alves could. He won't be as reliable and good at combining as Sergi Roberto either.
He can play on the side of the pitch from a slightly deeper or a more advanced position and be an okay player both off/def. With another central defender behind him, he should be very free to move forward in the current formation, I think Barcelona could make use of a player who is a bit better at attacking than Dest in that position to be honest.

Joan

I don't see his quality as being close to Alves or Bales.

He won't ever be a threat as big as Bale sometimes was, and he won't ever dominate the whole flank as Alves could. He won't be as reliable and good at combining as Sergi Roberto either.
He can play on the side of the pitch from a slightly deeper or a more advanced position and be an okay player both off/def. With another central defender behind him, he should be very free to move forward in the current formation, I think Barcelona could make use of a player who is a bit better at attacking than Dest in that position to be honest.

I'm under the same impression to be frank. But it's his first season here and he is more good than bad. I expect him to improve a lot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd also love a player with the attacking talent of Dani Alves.

Would also like to become uber rich.

Second part more likely. Who knows what the future holds....

malvolio

Dest hype train right now:

_76088059_trainmathurreuters.jpg

At the beginning of the month he was schooled by Acuna, now he's Alves 2.0 or Bale wannabe.

JamDav1982

From you who stated as fact that Dest is 'utter garbage' and trying to mock those saying might be similar to other players in some ways as develops.

One seems more extreme.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
20 year old young right-back is inconsistent and still a project that need more development.

What a shocker.

Bran the Greenseer

Hahaha just wanna say I'm comparing him to Bale solely in terms of him seeming like he is more of a goal threat / dribbling threat than I'd expect from someone so young in the RB position. Two things we often critique our other forwards for not be able to do (looking at dembele lol)

malvolio

Name 1 young right-back better than him

1. what's that got to do with the whole alves/bale comparisons?
2. i can throw 2-3 names in here, would you agree they are better or worse instantly? dest has had one outstanding game for us and maybe 2-3 in which he was ok. is that enough of a sample to make comparisons with other players?

From you who stated as fact that Dest is 'utter garbage' and trying to mock those saying might be similar to other players in some ways as develops.

One seems more extreme.

mostly stated that he is mediocre. maybe i have said utter garbage regarding a particular game - vs PSG for example, where he really was utter garbage.

don't think i was the one going into extremes.

Home of Barca Fans