Sergio Agüero

caseballs89

A 4-3-3 or similar formation with Aguero and Suarez playing of Carroll would be an interesting sight at Anfield. Not saying it's going to happen but it would certainly put Liverpool back on the map (Champions League + challenging for the league wise)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I mean it is a long way off happening this transfer. We haven't spoken to his advisors yet so it is a long way off. Plus I gather he would prefer to stay in Spain.

barcaboy15

An Aguero-Suarez partnership would be :worthy: but Liverpool have spent £56m on two strikers less than 6 months ago so I don't see them spending another £40m on Aguero.

Also, not too sure how Suarez, Aguero, and Carroll would work together.

Ocelot

I think Carroll was a panic buy. He will not fit with the liverpool system and they don't have good crossers. He will be a good sub and a wonderful plan B but he was too expensive.

barcaboy15

I think Carroll was a panic buy. He will not fit with the liverpool system and they don't have good crossers. He will be a good sub and a wonderful plan B but he was too expensive.

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when they signed him for £35m! I read that they delayed announcing the Torres transfer so they could negotiate with Ajax for Suarez without them jacking up the price and they got a great deal on him (£21m) but then as you said maybe a panic buy with Carroll.

As I said, Suarez & Aguero would be killer. And if they hadn't got Carroll then that would have been great business as well.

TORRES - £50m

Suarez - £21m
Aguero - £35m

That would be a great trade; Torres out and those two in for basically the same amount!

caseballs89

The Jury is still out on Carroll for me. While I think he was obviously overpriced (like all english players in the EPL) if he develops into a player than can lead the Liverpool frontline for the next 10 years then then talk of him being overpriced will quickly be thrown out the window. I think he will be a good player, but 35m is just ridiculous to pay for some with half a season of good form in the EPL, surely they could have got him for cheaper.

barcaboy15

The Jury is still out on Carroll for me. While I think he was obviously overpriced (like all english players in the EPL) if he develops into a player than can lead the Liverpool frontline for the next 10 years then then talk of him being overpriced will quickly be thrown out the window. I think he will be a good player, but 35m is just ridiculous to pay for some with half a season of good form in the EPL, surely they could have got him for cheaper.

Yeah, he could definitely develop into a great striker for Liverpool but however you look at it, and even considering the English-player 'premium', £35m (8th most expensive player OF ALL TIME) for a 22 year old with a career total of 11 premier league goals is just utterly ridiculous.

DucdeOrléans

Too bad that we (or should I say Pep) are not interested in that genius. Can't think of a more ideal player that we could buy this summer. Especially in the long term perspective.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I guess the main reason Barca stopped chasing him at the first place was his price. Seemingly Barca don't want to spend +40 on anyone this summer.

DucdeOrléans

We would be able to buy him for 40 million Euros if Pathetico should choose between us and Franco CF.

Moreover it does not make any sense if the reports in Sport are true about the price of Sanchez.

I think the main problem is, that Pep is afraid that Messi won't have all the spotlight if Agüero moves. (Clearly Agüero would even walk from Madrid to Barcelona to be signed by us)

Barcafan 2304

We would be able to buy him for 40 million Euros if Pathetico should choose between us and Franco CF.

Moreover it does not make any sense if the reports in Sport are true about the price of Sanchez.

I think the main problem is, that Pep is afraid that Messi won't have all the spotlight if Agüero moves. (Clearly Agüero would even walk from Madrid to Barcelona to be signed by us)

I would have thought that Messi might like some of the spotlight moved away from him, being the private person he is. I don't think that would be a problem

DucdeOrléans

When I mention the spotlight I refer to the fact that Agüero and Messi are a bit too similar to each other when it comes to the playing style which could potentially harm our game.

I can't see a different logic explanation apart from the clubs financial state. (although I still doubt that we would not be able to but both Agüero and Cesc this summer).

Barcafan 2304

When I mention the spotlight I refer to the fact that Agüero and Messi are a bit too similar to each other when it comes to the playing style which could potentially harm our game.

I can't see a different logic explanation apart from the clubs financial state. (although I still doubt that we would not be able to but both Agüero and Cesc this summer).

Ah right, sorry mate. My mistake

Home of Barca Fans