Sergio Agüero

King Leo

Banned
alexis ain't goin no where. something has clicked with the boy now. he's gonna revamp himself and dominate like he did when he came here, but instead of being a roller coaster, he will now be more consistent as he's over the emotion of 'playing for barca'. im convinced after that one performance recently.

all that said, we won't need aguero.

Yeh something clicked alright. His agent better be active looking for his next stop. I'd say bring in Al Kun although I think this is wishful thinking

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The agent of Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero (24) has offered the Argentinean player to Barcelona. [intereconomia]

If there was a swap deal of Alexis plus 20 million to Manchester City I would definitely go for it, but I doubt even that would do it...

Kerrybai

Damn.......I love Aguero but bringing him to Barca will be horrible for all the youngsters :(

Well I think it could work well if he was replacing Villa and Sanchez. 1 payer in , 2 out. More room for the youngsters... Perhaps wishful thinking though.

King Leo

Banned
I think Messi should use his influence and put pressure on Rosell to bring Al Kun. The club owes Messi big time and Messi could use Kun to practice before WC. I wish this is possible.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yea but Aguero would be an undisputed starter on the left side and pedro would get a huge deal of playing time on the right. And the youngsters wouldn't even be backups as Cesc and Iniesta would be higher in the pecking order to play on the left side. This could be really bad for Tello, Cuenca, and Deulofeu.

King Leo

Banned
We seem to forget the scenario of big CL games if Messi ever gets injured. Do you think Tello, Cuenca, and Deulofeu can save the day? Iniesta and Cesc are fine players but no strikers. Villa is a quality striker but we're loosing him as for Alexis, I think he should be gone bye bye! Aguero however can make things happen with the Cesc and Iniesta and Pedro behind him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
As of right now, Tello, Cuenca, and Deulofeu aren't experienced enough to hold the burden of taking over for Messi. Although, if they get a good amount of playing time and continue to progress, I don't see why they wouldn't be capable within a few years to help share the burden with all the forwards. Deulofeu has massive potential and he alone could take the role if needed (assuming he does realize his potential and succeed). Theres no point in buying a player for the "what if" scenarios. Barcelona have always put trust in the canteranos and it'd be great to have 3 talented youth products with different styles contributing to our forward line.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Damn it...besides Reus and Gotze this guy is the last of my dream signings. But your right about killing a youth players chances =/. It would only sit well with me if we got him while releasing both Villa and Alexis. There is NO DOUBT Kun would own a starting spot. It would be magical lol. But that would seriously make players like Cuenca, Tello, and Deulofeu consider their places in the team. Le sigh.....but I mean if we replaced Alexis this season with Kun...can you imagine :lol:?

Anyone know if Aguero can play on RW? Coz, like I said before, if we can get Aguero (still unlikely IMO), Iniesta-Messi-Aguero up front would be awesome. And I'm not sure about getting rid of Iniesta on LW, he's been awesome there this season. And I'm also not sure about benching Cesc.

If we get Aguero it could be bad for our youth, but it shouldn't be that bad, especially if Sanchez and Villa leave (which they most likely will if we get a new forward).

Last edited:

Garrus

Converting aguero into a barca winger will be a crime against humanity, We may got away with it with spain's historic goal scorer, But i wouldn't bet on it again, We need a true winger.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Converting aguero into a barca winger will be a crime against humanity, We may got away with it with spain's historic goal scorer, But i wouldn't bet on it again, We need a true winger.

We've been successful at putting deadly goalscorers across the front 3 before. Eto'o, Henry, Villa, etc. I find that a front 3 of a really high attacking/playmaking caliber is much more effective than a front 3 with natural wingers like Alexis and Pedro. They can't man mark Messi because there would be two huge threats on the wings to cover. Although with our defense in this shape and Alves being absolutely dismal at tracking back and playing defensively, we do need a natural winger like Pedro to help cover for him. If we fix our defensive problems though, our front line could be at full force once again.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

I'm with this. Agüero isn't a player who works hard defensively at all.

Home of Barca Fans