Sergio Busquets

jamrock

He's the Midfield daddy.

Tried to replace him with the flying Dutchman, but the Dutchman is just a highly specialized player, not a Midfield daddy, so we're screwed.

Hopefully their is some random guy in masia that can replace him or this diaz kid.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Busi in four of last six starts.. worst home defeat in 15 years to Real, 0-0 with Girona, 0-0 with Getafe and 0-0 with 10 men Osasuna before went off.

Yet made out cant do without him.

FDJ levels above.

jamrock

I'm definitely gotta watch this weekend, I agree with Spielberg guardians series is one of the best super heroes franchise ever.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
If Busi goes, Xavi needs to experiment with Christensen or Eric as the second pivot alongside Frenkie in pre-season.

Pep uses Stones as a mobile DM in the 3-2-2-3 build-up, and he easily falls back into the CB position in defense, forming a back four with Ake at LB and Akanji at RB.

We have two problems with potential uses of Christensen/Eric in the same way. Rodri is the stationary DM, he is the Busquets, so Stones is the mobile one with a freer role. But Frenkie cannot be the stationary pivot, he needs freedom as well, so the new pivot has to be the more tactically disciplined and less adventurous one. I'm not sure whether Christensen and Eric fit that role, but they need to be tried out.

The second problem is that Balde is an aggressive wingback and would be wasted alongside the first three outfield players in the buildup. Arteta uses Gabriel-Saliba-White with Zinchenko-Partey as 3-2, Pep uses Ake-Dias-Akanji with Rodri-Stones above them. We use Christensen-Araujo-Kounde with Busi-FdJ (right now); if Busi goes and say Christensen becomes the stationary DM, we would need a new starting LCB. Maybe that's why Xavi wants Inigo as he's left-footed too.

Andresito

Staff member
Everything indicates Sergio Busquets will NOT continue at Barcelona.
@fansjavimiguel

Xavi Hernández and Busquets met in Marbella during a short holiday. Sergio has communicated his decision to him. It seems Busquets will finish his career in Saudi Arabia.
@fansjavimiguel

Home of Barca Fans