Sergio Busquets

Bobo32

Be my guest.

He made some interception towards the end of the match but being caught sleeping or barely blocking anything on their goals is the biggest reason we lost today.

It's easy but often wrong to argue from goals - Busquets blocked some shots and stopped many attacks before them. I won't look now but maybe tomorrow, and see what I can find about Busquets involvement in the goals though. Quote me and explain what you saw, and I'll see if I agree.

Busquets was never a player who should defend a lot of counters. He is great at stopping transitions early, when they are in some way predictable. Today was a game where both midfielders looked to attack, and where especially Dembele predictably lost a lot of balls unpredictably. There were a lot of counters from Madrid, and I have to praise them for some of their movements and decisions in those parts of the game too. Maybe Busquets was to blame in some of the instances, but I prefer to lay the blame on Xavi before Busquets then. Busquets made two blunders with the ball and some bad passes on top of that (and many great things too), but other than that he played his usual world class game. It is the coach who needs to balance the team correctly.

JamDav1982

Third goal...

https://twitter.com/BeceRM2/status/1481383393673764864

Absolute amateur hour the way he vacates the DM area of park to fail to win ball and leave a gaping hole.

DMs need to protect the defence not that shite. He totally exposes the defence and leaves them outnumbered by Reals runners from midfield.

Does it all game.

The usual suspects will show their ignorance as if that is good move as may win ball.

Bobo32

Third goal I prefer to lay blame on Alba and Nico. Pique is faulty as well, should isolate the player on the outside, simplifying for Stegen and letting Busquets and potential other players get back.

Nico: about as slow as Busquets from the start to finish of that move. Is initially missing out, first on pressuring his man, then on following him for the 1-2. Sprints for a bit when he realizes it is a dangerous counter, but is too lazy to then fill the gap for the pass inbetween him and Pique. His initial man finishes off the move.
Alba: Is slow to get into the situation when Busquets forces the pass, then tries a hero-tackle when he realizes he is late, but fails. Then rests.

Busquets did take a chance by pressuring yes. He was played past yes. Had Alba been a bit quicker into the next move it would've been a successful move by Busquets, and if Nico and Pique would have done better to delay, Busquets would be back to mark one man at least (six players still rested in attack though...). He could have sprinted a bit faster, but he cannot go about making these sprints every time, getting into the same depth as the defenders. There needs to be a bit of depth in defence, too, which is something Busquets was always aware of.

IIRC it was another TERRIBLE unforced turnover by Dembele just before.
Alves and Pedri are not in positions to defend, this is because of the terrible turnover.
Araujo is a bit lost in his positioning too, late in the sequence

serghei

It's idiotic to go out and press a guy when the guy has an easy option to pass to a free player. In that instance, you keep the position and try to place yourself to buy time for the other players to recover their positions. He basically took himself out instantly and never recovered. He was a nonfactor in the whole play.

Alba was not on a yellow, has to either take the ball or take out the man at least. You go in hard there, but soft as we know him, he slides like a moron and gets nothing but air.

Alba and Busi are mostly to blame. Busi with a suicidal press which does nothing to bother Benzema. Alba with the positon to stop the action early and fails abysmally. From then on everything is easy for Madrid. They have multiple options to finish it off.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Third goal...

https://twitter.com/BeceRM2/status/1481383393673764864

Absolute amateur hour the way he vacates the DM area of park to fail to win ball and leave a gaping hole.

DMs need to protect the defence not that shite. He totally exposes the defence and leaves them outnumbered by Reals runners from midfield.

Does it all game.

The usual suspects will show their ignorance as if that is good move as may win ball.

tbh, this feels like Xavi instructions.
Alba did it against Betis too during their goal, and in many of our games plenty of players does that.
Not shifting the blame from Busi, but I think we even have larger systematic problems with this uncalculated pressing

JamDav1982

Alba did it against Betis too during their goal, and in many of our games plenty of players does that.
Not shifting the blame from Busi, but I think we even have larger systematic problems with this uncalculated pressing

No chance Xavi expects the DM to press there and no coach tells their players to blindly press when see ball.

Busi had same issues before Xavi any and all long been discussed.

Birdy

Alba on bigger blame for the goal.
He makes a stupid tackle with high % of failure to his knowledge, and when he missed it he creates a 4 Vs 2 for Madrid.

That's about the discussion which player is mostly at fault.
Because there is also the general problem of not knowing what the fuck to do in transitions, that applies to the whole team, and the blame for that is on the coach

JamDav1982

Busi is the one who opens it up with a moronic press that leaves defence exposed and causes them to be outnumbered.

Further shite defending from Alba scrambling.

Busi does it time an again and constantly vacates areas a DM should be to protect a defence. Which was even more suicidal when Barca pouring as many men forward as did late on.

Real played him and his weaknesses all game. Both on and off the ball.

Contributing for him being terrible at 2 of the 3 goals.

He has made same mistakes both on and off the ball all season long.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
One would think from watching him that his favorite thing to do on the pitch is to press the opposition?s goalkeeper. He has been been ditching his area and pressing the CBs/GK for years

JamDav1982

There was a point in first half when Real CBs had ball and LDJ pressing them a bit and suddenly Busquets appeared alongside him leaving a fucking gaping hole in midfield they easily passed ball into and past him and were running at the back four.

It is like he still has that idea to win ball back after 6 seconds and just chases it wherever he sees it but far too fucking slow and ponderous and leaves huge space on front of an already dodgy defence.

Horatio

You're welcome
Think vinicius’ goal happened because of his loss of ball. Should be replaced. Don’t think barca will suffer much but could potentially improve much more.

Co0ter

Busi is the one who opens it up with a moronic press that leaves defence exposed and causes them to be outnumbered.

Further shite defending from Alba scrambling.

Busi does it time an again and constantly vacates areas a DM should be to protect a defence. Which was even more suicidal when Barca pouring as many men forward as did late on.

Real played him and his weaknesses all game. Both on and off the ball.

Contributing for him being terrible at 2 of the 3 goals.

He has made same mistakes both on and off the ball all season long.

*All 5 seasons long. He's been getting exposed regularly and increasingly since Iniesta and Xavi were starting to decline. He's been a liability for years now. I used to point it out but people used to flame me and say he was a genius haha

He had his time with prime Xaviesta, it's been tough to watch since personally.

Home of Barca Fans