Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Messi983

Not surprised at all...

The Belgian Olympic Committee (COIB) announced this Sunday that it will not compete in the mixed triathlon relay that will be held on Monday, August 5 (at 8:00 a.m.) due to the loss of Claire Michel, who fell ill after swimming in the river Sena last Wednesday.

"Unfortunately, Claire Michel, a member of the Belgian relay, is ill and we must withdraw from the competition. The decision, like this communication, was made in consultation with the athletes and their environment," the Belgian committee reported in a letter that was not offered more details about his state of health. However, Belgian media have reported that after four days of illness, the triathlete was admitted to the hospital this Sunday with an E. coli infection.

Horatio

You're welcome
haven't been playing that many games recently mate to be honest, but I like stuff like Mario and beat em ups and the Arkham games. To be honest I was more of a gamer in past but I still do play.

As for shows, I watch plenty, I have loads I am partway through lol. I like animated shows (Western and anime). But I also love live action. Apple TV has loads of good shows and in other places just recently I have been watching stuff like Shogun, Black Sails, Mad Men. I finished the Outsider miniseries too. I like limited/miniseries as they're longer than films but not so long you have to wait years for new seasons.

What stuff do you watch? I know you like anime.

On topic - good to see the Ukrainian and Australian girls get medals in the high jump, they all seemed very delighted.

I am playing we love katamari. Easy to get into. Currently mostly just limited to watching things. finishing up inside no.9. Before this finished Vinland saga s1 which was unbelievably good.

You mentioned apple tv. The big recommendation I got for you at the moment is Severance.

CatalinR10

9V5dSD6.jpeg

Wow.

Maradona37

I am playing we love katamari. Easy to get into. Currently mostly just limited to watching things. finishing up inside no.9. Before this finished Vinland saga s1 which was unbelievably good.

You mentioned apple tv. The big recommendation I got for you at the moment is Severance.
It looks good that series of games.

I have heard of Inside no.9. Vinland Saga has been on my list for a long time. I actually watched the first couple of episodes of it and the first episode of Severance (as you mention) but never continued. They were very good but other stuff came up. I will get back into them - I keep hearing that Severance is Apple's crown jewel. Others shows are good on there too, like Silo, Servant, Shining Girls and Pachinko.

On topic: some excellent action last night, the highlight being the 100m final. Like draconifire says imagine losing an olympic gold by five-thousandths of a second. Must be awful.

They all ran sub 10 seconds and the Jamaican guy in last was easing up at the end. It was an incredibly fast race.

The other heats and semi finals were good too, including the high jump as mentioned above. Good day of action coming up today.

Last edited:

Loki

When the day begins with Women's beach volleyball:

Screenshot 2024-08-05 095637.png

Last German team got knocked out in Ro16, thank you Müller and Tillmann for some good pictures sports ⊙︿⊙

Screenshot 2024-08-05 095643.png

Spain with best girl Moreno sadly out too.

Home of Barca Fans