Summer Olympics Paris - 2024

Maradona37

Nice, I sadly don't find the time for it yet. Especially now with so much football going on. Any highlights?
No bother mate, hopefully you can watch one or two meets at some point. It starts up again next season.

A few good things. Duplantis won a 100m exhibition race against Karsten Warholm - despite being a pole vaulter Duplantis is so fast that he could do well in the heats of the men's 100m. His speed is a big reason why he's such a good pole vaulter to be honest. And Duplantis broke his world record again in his own event in a recent Diamond meet.

There were a few other things too. Ingebrigtsen destroyed the world record in the 3000m at one of the meets (though I missed it as I think i was out for that meet). The record had stood since 1996 and he beat it by over three seconds, which doesn't sound like a lot at 3000m but is decent. Julian Alfred won the women's 100m again, Femke Bol won the 400m hurdles in the absence of Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone (who doesn't race as much as most athletes) and a few others bits here and there.

It's really been very good. The Olympics, World Championships and Diamond League are the three biggest events in athletics, in that order too. Looking forward to next season and the World Championships a year from now.

Home of Barca Fans