Thiago Silva

barcaboy15

Best CB in the world in my opinion. Used to watch Milan pretty much only for the Silva-Nesta pairing. Now it's fucking Yepes - Mexes!? Why God, WHY?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Yepes-Mexes is still pretty damn sexy to be fair. i'm sure another defender will be signed, along way to go yet.

Meitux

Seriously, Milan need 2 new CBs and a LB, DM and 2 more strikers. but I know they'll sign only 2 more players.
i agree they cant continue with these players at center back LB maybe taiwo could do well but not sure antonini and mesbah are shit and i dont know about didac dm i can see only ambrosini yeah.... and strikers they have pato but sometimes he cant even play for 10 minutes so the situation is pretty fucked up for now at milan

Theconomist

How is that raping world football? When have you started watching football yesterday? Rich teams have always bought players, ever since the very fucking beginning. These PSG,City and Chelsea haters really piss me off. We do it too, in fact Barcelona and Madrid have been huge spenders this past decade much more than City,Chelsea or PSG. Football will always be about rich teams competing. No one wants to see 20 average teams each with one star player competing, we want to see 3-4 team rip out the competition year in year out.

Hatem Ben Arfa

there is something unnatural about what PSG, Man City and Chelsea have done. It is not organic growth and it disgusts me that that is how success comes about these days, via a super sugardaddy.

If you gave me the option of rich Arab family taking over Newcastle or not. I would say NO. Mike Ashley may be a billionaire but he has refused to use his own money to fund transfer binges to try and buy success. He is running Newcastle United like a shrewd business and we are growing organically and garnering some success.

Henry_IB

Banned
there is something unnatural about what PSG, Man City and Chelsea have done. It is not organic growth and it disgusts me that that is how success comes about these days, via a super sugardaddy.

If you gave me the option of rich Arab family taking over Newcastle or not. I would say NO. Mike Ashley may be a billionaire but he has refused to use his own money to fund transfer binges to try and buy success. He is running Newcastle United like a shrewd business and we are growing organically and garnering some success.

I could make a similar comparsion. I hate clubs who only do well because they happen to from be a big city which allow them to have a big stadium and therefore much greater finical strength than clubs from much smaller cities. Only clubs who do well due to their own youth products are real clubs. How newcastle has achieved its success disgusts me.

I really don't get why people dislike buyer clubs so badly. Enjoy the football being played and don't ponder of how that football came to be, to me that is unimportant.

A bit like watching a good movie and then hate it because you found out an investor pumped loads of cash into it so they could pay loads of money for famous actors to play the roles.

Last edited:

Co0ter

I could make a similar comparsion. I hate clubs who only do well because they happen to from be a big city which allow them to have a big stadium and therefore much greater finical strength than clubs from much smaller cities. Only clubs who do well due to their own youth products are real clubs. How newcastle has achieved its success disgusts me.

I really don't get why people dislike buyer clubs so badly. Enjoy the football being played and don't ponder of how that football came to be, to me that is unimportant.

A bit like watching a good movie and then hate it because you found out an investor pumped loads of cash into it so they could pay loads of money for famous actors to play the roles.

I have to disagree with you there. A lot of the bigger cities do have an advantage but a lot of them also have a rich history behind the club that wasn't always reliant on the fact they came from a big or capitol city. I think tv rights etc should be spread about a bit more evenly, but if your team attracts the majority of people watching then you should get a bigger chunk of the change regardless.

As for rich billionaire investors buying clubs- It should be allowed but regulated more closely and strictly. Something has to stop them from buying and spending as much as they want. The salaries and transfer fees from these clubs are ruining the sport, I don't care what you say. How are smaller clubs or even big clubs without billionaire investors supposed to compete? Some of these players for City are making more money per week than half of the players on some teams in week. That is disgusting.

The transfer market has become a joke. As for the French league I feel bad, they have such a competitive league but with PSG pumping around this massive amount of money soon they'll be buying success the same way Man City did, and for me, thats neither impressive or entertaining.

Home of Barca Fans